Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manual & updates for the P5B-TMX

Thanks

manual & updates for the P5B-TMX

I have contacted customer support for a number of problems regarding my latest purchase. The main problem is a lack of documentation with this system- order #{number removed}-001

I was most disappointed that there wasn't a motherboard manual with the computer, especially as I can’t find any information regarding this P5B-TMX/S on either the manufacturers’ site or your own Customer Care site. I was informed by Customer Care in November 2006 that I would receive a motherboard manual shortly, I am still waiting.

Could you please supply the manual as I am unable to find any information online pertaining to this Motherboard and updates that it may need in the future, eg: bios or driver updates.

I had a wireless keyboard & mouse with this system but I can't ascertain if Cap locks are on, or not. There isn’t a visual indication on the keyboard. I was sent a link to Logitech site but can't find anything there to help me.

Advance thanks for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by Davey W; 26-02-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: order number removed

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi suet,

Could you enter you Mesh Order Number into the box provided on your Hexus.net profile please?

The P5B-TMX is an OEM only board so you would not be able to obtain updated drivers or a BIOS from the manufacturer, only from the original supplier.

The drivers should be available in the C:\DRIVERS folder.

The manual we never received. As far as we are aware there may never have been any major quantity of these printed given that it is an OEM board.

For the Capslock indicator you would need something to indicate the states of the toggle keys on screen. I found a few references via google that might help. Please note that I have not tested or used any of the software listed and cannot therefore offer them as recommended titles. Also, please ensure that you take all of the necessary precautions with software downloaded from the internet.

Davey

Registered+
    Thanks
    Sorry to but in but do you know what model mouse/keyboard you bought as all the logitech ones now work with setpoint and this tells you in its built in program when it is on or not (otherwise it wont show up even on the mx5000).

I would suggest creating a system restore and installing via this link (check which Operating system you are running)

Edit going to send you the link as dont have privelage yet.

Now if you check the page before this for all the keyboards you will see they are all linking now to setpoint 3.3v which is the new drivers so universal

Mouseware is also built into the same software unless you have the older style which you would then want
    Edit going to send you the link as dont have privelage yet

For motherboard drivers your always best to find out the motherboard model and just go direct to the website as soon as a motherboard comes out it usually gets flash upgrade bios updates on a regular basis so a cd would be out of date (same with SATA drivers, inf uppdates etc...). I havent been able to find a listing on Asus website for you though sorry

Thanks
    Dazzyman, the logitech wireless keyboard has the following info under it:-
    PN ******

PID *****
    unfortunately the mobo I have is OEM only, so I believe there isn't any information available for it other than from Mesh. Unfortunately there haven't been any manuals to help & when I queried the mobo with sisoft the info that Mesh should have filled in has been left blank???
    Last edited by suet; 28-02-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: removed serial numbers

Thanks
    Davey,
    thank you for your swift reply & the helpful links to Cap lock indicators.
    I realise that I have drivers in the c:\driver folder but the oem drivers date from 2005, Ati from 2002 & I can’t find any bios information.

I only received a recovery disc from Mesh with the system but the read txt in that advises I should insert the disk labelled Manufacturer-Supplied Hardware support into Drive A: I don’t have this.

Using a programme to query the system mainboard, all information that should be entered by the manufacturer is blank, so I am left to guess the family/version & serial number!!

So how do I find updated drivers especially a current bios update?

Could I run a third party application to identify drivers needed? Which would you advise?

Thank you.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi suet,

I think you may have missed my point regarding the motherboard drivers. If I gave you all of the number and IDs you want you would still not be any better off. As an OEM board the *only* place you can get the drivers from is us.

I am unfamiliar with the read txt file you refer to but assume this is a file in the root of the CD or close by. If so this looks as though it refers to mass storage controller drivers which traditionally you would need to put on a floppy disk and insert during the first stage of booting from the CD, but only if your controller wasn't picked up with the drivers that come on the CD. We slipstream the controller drivers into the CD so you would not need to do this.

Davey

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi again Suet,

All you need for the logitech one is to go to the link I gave you and match the keyboard picture with your own as thats your model, the items you gave are your serial ID etc.. (probably better to delete them off here if I was you as that can be used for warrenty with Logetich).

Thanks
    Dazzyman,

thank you for your advise regarding removing serial numbers, I am new to forums as you can probably tell, (a naive Silver Surfer) willing to learn though.
    I am sorry but I managed to lose your original link as I don't have messenger enabled, could you please send again, I will try & retain it this time. Thanks.
    Last edited by suet; 28-02-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: duplicate posting

Thanks
    Davey,

can I get updates, when needed through this site or do I need to contact Mesh via telephone?

I have found another thread #939778, where you have given some specific advice re: this motherboard so I will download the rar files & look at these.

Unfortunately I may be back, thanks.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi suet,

You should only need updates if problems with the current versions are found or some improvement has been established. It will only be in those events that the manufacturer would consider writing new drivers. If that did happen it is likely that this would be posted in some format here first so I'd say check here and if no joy, post a request here.

Davey

Thanks
    Davey & Dazzyman,

thank you both very much for your help. I will keep an eye on the forums for any applicable info for my machine.

All the best suet

Thanks
    Hi we bought a computer from you about a month ago. Is there a manual for this motherboard-Asus P5B-TMX as we would like to see what memory it would take. thank you

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi gerry3051,

I will need to see if I can still obtain one of these. In the meantime could you enter your Mesh Order Number into your Hexus.net profile please?

Davey

Thanks
    Davey,

were you able to find a manual for this motherboard?

I would still like a copy to help me when I come to uprade memory etc.

Thanks for any help.

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi suet,

I'll have to say the same to you for the moment, that I'll see what I can obtain.

Davey

Registered+
    Thanks
    • pineman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5N-E SLI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB DDR2 533MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 320GB, 1 x 250GB Serial ATA HDs & 1x 120GB IDE