Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: How to enable AHCI/RAID mode without reinstalling windows (P35/ICH9/ICH9R)

Thanks
    • lodore's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X570 AORUS MASTER
      • CPU:
      • Amd Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Gigabyte AORUS 7000s SSD and sandisk 1tb sata 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI 11gb
      • PSU:
      • Ion+ 860W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 34inch ultra wide quad HD 144hz and 24inch asus HD
      • Internet:
      • 80Mbps Zen

Re: How to enable AHCI/RAID mode without reinstalling windows (P35/ICH9/ICH9R)

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    I've seen this many times. Often SATA ports have different controllers - some will be one colour and controlled by the southbridge directly, others a different colour and controlled by a jmicron chip. Try switching your hard drive to a different coloured port first of all. If that doesn't work, try disabling the jmicron chip (if there's a bios option for that) - and then try switching ports again incase you're now using the jmicron ports.

Failing that, try updating the BIOS, but AHCI has always caused me more trouble than it's worth.
    I first tried disabling the jmicron controller. didnt make any difference.
    I tryed moving the hard drives to the jmicron controller and then renabling it but didnt work eiether. just had same message "auto detecting AHCI port 3.."
    Hello kalniel,
    i tryed keeping the jmicron controll set as AHCI and other controller set as IDE but that didnt seem to work eiether. it told me there was no master IDE.
    cant remember what i did but the following happerned:
    the first hard drive posted but the second hard drive said "auto detecting port 1.. ide" and then stopped even thou its the same make and mode of HD as the first hard drive and on the same controller (jmicron)

Thanks

RE: How to enable AHCI/RAID mode without reinstalling windows (P35/ICH9/ICH9R)

ok.
    so we have Drivers in XP for ICH10R.
    but what about ICH10? (whithout R)

My Motherboard is Intel DP43TF : Intel® P43 / ICH10

ANSWER :
    JUST USE ICH10R and IT WILL WORK.
    Last edited by kioesi; 27-07-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks

Unhappy How to enable AHCI mode without/with reinstalling windows (ICH10)

On some mainboards like :
    Asus P5QL
    or Intel DP43TF

this is the chip set: Intel P43/ICH10
    but there is no official driver for enabling AHCI mode in windows XP,
    so How to enable AHCI mode without/with reinstalling windows (FOR ICH10) ?
    we have it for ICH10R
    but no good news for ICH10 (with no R).

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

same thing without raid so it should be the same

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Re: How to enable AHCI mode without/with reinstalling windows (ICH10)

see the other thread u posted in m8
    Last edited by peterb; 26-07-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Thread merged

Thanks

I did it , but It's not working for "ICH10" (BSOD after changing mode to AHCI).
    The list of available Devices in IaStor.sys, there is no ICH10 (with no R) any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks
    • smargh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • Xeon E5450 with 775-to-771 Mod
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25-M G2 80GB/Adaptec 3405 4x 2TB Ultrastar RAID1 / 1x 6TB Hitachi He6 / Dying 2TB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 750 Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-560
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-A71
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2400WD
      • Internet:
      • Really Crap ADSL2 <3Mbit

Re: How to enable AHCI mode without/with reinstalling windows (ICH10)

When I've changed to ACPI in the past on my P45 board, I just forcefuly replaced the regular SATA drivers with the ICH10R ACPI drivers, accepting the Windows warning that the drivers weren't designed for the device, then rebooted & enabled ACPI in the BIOS. It worked fine for me, dunno about everyone else.

Thanks

smargh,
    Yes , for ICH10R It's working very nice , but do you know how about ICH10 with no R??

Thanks
    • smargh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • Xeon E5450 with 775-to-771 Mod
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25-M G2 80GB/Adaptec 3405 4x 2TB Ultrastar RAID1 / 1x 6TB Hitachi He6 / Dying 2TB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 750 Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic X-560
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-A71
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2400WD
      • Internet:
      • Really Crap ADSL2 <3Mbit

Quote Originally Posted by kioesi View Post
    smargh,
    Yes , for ICH10R It's working very nice , but do you know how about ICH10 with no R??
    I've never used RAID, but I *think* the ACPI drivers have the R in their name anyway.

Thanks

OHHHH YESS!
    It solved my problem,
    I selected ICH10R , and it worked!

Thanks

Thanks

I've two "WD Caviar Green WD10EADS 1 TB" HDDs. Yet I'm just using the one of them, but would like to setup a RAID 1 without reinstalling my Windows 7 64-bit. This article looks interesting, but I have some questions before staring:

1. I'm having a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. Should I use the article for ICH8(R) or ICH9(R) southbridge?
    2. When I change from SATA to RAID 1 in my BIOS, would the controller my itself copy all the data from the original HD to the new one? Or should I do a clone before changing from SATA to RAID in BIOS?
    3. Finally, is there anything else to know? Generally it looks quite simple.

Thanks for your answers!

Thanks

Hello. At first - my English language is not good, then I'm sorry for all mistakes ;D

I have a simply way to enable AHCI/RAID for systems installed on IDE, for example - is not important what chip you have in your system: ICH7R / 8R / 9R etc.

The only thing needed to do this, is second controller available on your motherboard. In my system, this is JMicron (GSATA or similar - I have Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard). You'll need the newest version of the Intel Matrix Storage Console (in my case it was v8.9)

Also:

0. Make sure you have backup of your important data !!!!

1. Download a driver for second controller, preferably from manufacturer of your motherboard.

2. Turn off your computer, unconnect all unnecesary drives except system drive.

3. Attach your system drive to your second controller on motherboar (e.g. JMicron or another you have)

4. In BIOS, DO NOT CHANGE for now settings in ICHxR to AHCI/RAID.

5. In BIOS, activate your second controller and be sure your HDD will boot from them.

6. Start Windows XP (tested on WinXP 32-bit, SP3), Windows will recognize your new controller and install necessary drivers (you need to have them on disk C

7. Turn off Windows, restart your computer, go into BIOS and then turn on RAID/AHCI mode in ICHxR controller options.

8. Restart your system, Windows probably will ask you for drivers for Intel RAID/AHCI controller. Cancel this window and install Intel Matrix Storage Manager.

9. Close Windows, restart system again. Windows now has recognized ICHxR in AHCI/RAID mode. Be sure and check this in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager, in SCSI & RAID Controllers tab. When all is OK, you should see entry: "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller"

10. Turn off your system.

11. Disconnect SATA cable from second controller and attach to the ICHxR controller.

12. Restart your system - if you have no BSOD, then all is OK!

13. Turn off your system again and attach all HDD's and optical drives you deattached in 2.

14. Start Windows & enjoy - you have AHCI active, or you can build RAID, if you prefer.

...if my English language is so terrible as I think, please copy all above, edit and post it again

Thanks

Anyone tried this with WHS yet?
    Had to reinstall my WHS box so using the XFiles version but theres some problems with the AHCI so if I could use this would be good....

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: How to enable AHCI/RAID mode without reinstalling windows (P35/ICH9/ICH9R)

Quote Originally Posted by tooshio View Post
    Hello. At first - my English language is not good, then I'm sorry for all mistakes ;D

I have a simply way to enable AHCI/RAID for systems installed on IDE, for example - is not important what chip you have in your system: ICH7R / 8R / 9R etc.

The only thing needed to do this, is second controller available on your motherboard. In my system, this is JMicron (GSATA or similar - I have Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard). You'll need the newest version of the Intel Matrix Storage Console (in my case it was v8.9)

Also:

0. Make sure you have backup of your important data !!!!

1. Download a driver for second controller, preferably from manufacturer of your motherboard.

2. Turn off your computer, unconnect all unnecesary drives except system drive.

3. Attach your system drive to your second controller on motherboar (e.g. JMicron or another you have)

4. In BIOS, DO NOT CHANGE for now settings in ICHxR to AHCI/RAID.

5. In BIOS, activate your second controller and be sure your HDD will boot from them.

6. Start Windows XP (tested on WinXP 32-bit, SP3), Windows will recognize your new controller and install necessary drivers (you need to have them on disk C

7. Turn off Windows, restart your computer, go into BIOS and then turn on RAID/AHCI mode in ICHxR controller options.

8. Restart your system, Windows probably will ask you for drivers for Intel RAID/AHCI controller. Cancel this window and install Intel Matrix Storage Manager.

9. Close Windows, restart system again. Windows now has recognized ICHxR in AHCI/RAID mode. Be sure and check this in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager, in SCSI & RAID Controllers tab. When all is OK, you should see entry: "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller"

10. Turn off your system.

11. Disconnect SATA cable from second controller and attach to the ICHxR controller.

12. Restart your system - if you have no BSOD, then all is OK!

13. Turn off your system again and attach all HDD's and optical drives you deattached in 2.

14. Start Windows & enjoy - you have AHCI active, or you can build RAID, if you prefer.

...if my English language is so terrible as I think, please copy all above, edit and post it again
    Thank you. None of the other ideas about adding data to the registry worked for RAID, though they did work for AHCI. This worked for me, apart from having to attach an additional SATA controller. The only problem I had was not realising how important step 2 is. Without it, the BIOS does not have enough memory to save settings for RAID. That is just astounding in the modern day. Once RAID was set up, I had to remove the additional SATA controller before I could then re-enable the JMicron controller and get my DVD drive back! What a shame I never realised when I was building the PC that you had to set it up as RAID even if you did not want that now.

Thanks

I've have two "WD Caviar Green WD10EADS 1 TB" HDDs. Yet I'm just using the one of them, but would like to setup a RAID 1 without reinstalling my Windows 7 64-bit. I have an Asus P6T Deluxe v2 motherborad.

I've downloaded this driver from the support-site:
    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL) Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.
    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)
    Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.

But when I try to install the driver I get this error:
    This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software

Why do I get this error? I've just connectet the new drive do my SATA, but i can see it in "Disk management" in Windows 7. The Partition style is MBR but all space is unallocated.

Thanks for your answers!

Thanks
    • wazi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H61-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i3
      • Memory:
      • 8gb
      • Storage:
      • 6tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GEFORCE 650 GTX
      • PSU:
      • antec trupower
      • Case:
      • antec
      • Operating System:
      • win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG
      • Internet:
      • 100 MB VIRGIN

which method for my asus pb5 deluxe wifi/ap ??
    with win 7 x64

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information