building a new pc around a "Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UP5 Thunderbolt Motherboard" and looking for parts to go with it. so far ive purchased:
-Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory FOUR MODULE Kit - may sell 2x4GB modules as 16GB is probably overkill.
-Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (UCACO-FZ130-BL) - may not use this and just stick with stock cooler for now then upgrade to perhaps a water cooler later. i think the cooler i have looks way to big! though i do have a mid size pc case.
-2 x Samsung SSD 830 256GB - i plan to RAID these.
-2 x OCZ Solid State Drive 3.5" 2.5" Adaptor Bracket SSD Mounting Storage Bay Adapter - for the SSDs obviously!

still to buy:
PSU - would like the new "Corsair AX760 Pro 80 PLUS Platinum PSU" but most retailers don't have stock at the moment..
video - will use the mobo on-board video
monitor - have already with VGA and a digital input (DVI?)
case - already have
keyboard & mouse - have a keyboard but no spare mouse. would like another MS wheel mouse optical USB.
wireless - mobo comes with wireless card
OS - have windows 7 that i purchased at the windows 7 pre-launch, at special price. dont think i want to upgrade to windows 8...

so at the moment im holding off getting the proc until i have the psu. dont want to leave things for too long though as the mobo needs to be tested as after about a month if its faulty i guess i would have to go through warranty and wait for a replacement.