• Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro

Unhappy New Mobo not booting

Hi,

Just bought a new mobo and cpu for my sons machine (MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus & Ryzen 3600).

When it was first assembled, it took a slightly worrying time to post to the screen where is says press del to enter bios but it did eventually and to my surprise loaded windows just fine (other than windows sayingit was not registered which is to be expected) despite new CPU, Mobo and RAM. Was planning on a fresh install anyway so restarted, went into the BIOS to check memory speed. This was at 2166 but as the Memory installed is 16Gb of G.Skill Ripsaw V DDR3200, I enable XMP, saved and exited. Machine proceeded to resart but never even posted or sent signal to the monitor despite dozens of attempts.

There were initially no error lights on the mobo but no signal to monitor. Tried clearing CMOS by removing battery for a few hours (overkill I know). Tried for hours to get it on beyond just spinning fans. Then this evening the same was happening, but one time it did actually boot (although I had not actually done anything different to before). Thought maybe the mobo might be a bit tempremental with the RAM so I downloaded MSI's desktop app for flashing the BIOS. Installed it (took way longer than expected - circa 10 mins), the machine restarted after this and never switched off (no display again) so after 30 mins I decided to turn it off via the power button. Tried various BIOS versions now via the USB Flash port, no joy. Now i have noticed the EZ LED diagnostic light on the mobo is red on the CPU. Looking around on-line, reseating the CPU had helped some people so I tried but again no joy. LED is constantly on. Tried DDR3000 from another machine, this didnt help either. At a loss as to what could be wrong

Thinking a return is in order but not sure if it is Mobo or CPU or both (found one instance on-line of the same Mobo with a higher spec CPU both being dud - slim odds i know). Others posting said Mobo may have been faulty and too out the CPU in that case.

Desperate to get this sorted as the upgrade was for Sons birthday and he is a little dissapointed to say the least.

Apologies for abrupbt grammar, tired and cheesed off! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: New Mobo not booting

Where did you buy it from?

Have you tried running it outside the case?
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Caimbeul2000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro

Hi Jon,

Ebuyer as it was the only place that stocked it at the time of purchase.
    Yes, have tried outside the case, forgot to mention that.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

You might need to get a local computer shop to check the mobo and the CPU
    From what you say, I suspect the motherboard is faulty. I have had boards before where just increasing the memory timing has killed them (granted ages ago). For future reference, avoid flashing a motherboard in BIOS, even with it's manufacturer software, it's not as safe as doing with the BIOS or USB key.

I think it's nothing you've done though, just a dud part. Unlucky, hope you sort it.
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thread Information