• SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Re: The Anime Thread :)

Yeah apparently Dance in the Vampire Bund's manga is much better than the first episode. Still though, I like vampires so I'm gonna watch the anime unless it turns out like Rosario to Vampire (the only vampire show I watched and didn't like - different genre though). I haven't read the manga myself so I can't comment on it. Not sure how I can describe the first episode, whilst it hasn't put me off the anime it hasn't left me wanting to watch the next episode. I'd be more inclined to say that the first episode was slightly random.

Gonna try Ookami Kakushi when I have time as it's by the guys who wrote Higurashi no Naku Koro ni I believe and I love those type of horror mystery type anime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Yeah apparently Dance in the Vampire Bund's manga is much better than the first episode. Still though, I like vampires so I'm gonna watch the anime unless it turns out like Rosario to Vampire (the only vampire show I watched and didn't like - different genre though). I haven't read the manga myself so I can't comment on it. Not sure how I can describe the first episode, whilst it hasn't put me off the anime it hasn't left me wanting to watch the next episode. I'd be more inclined to say that the first episode was slightly random.

Gonna try Ookami Kakushi when I have time as it's by the guys who wrote Higurashi no Naku Koro ni I believe and I love those type of horror mystery type anime.
    Have you read the Rosario to Vampire manga? I think it's great but when I look at the anime, I think "what have they done?". Tsukune is quite a character since he (where i am upto) now has a seal on him like Moka.

Ookami Kakushi is quite a new title too, so not had a chance to look it up yet. (aired sometime yesterday i think)

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

I'm not really a manga person so nope. Not sure why but I just prefer anime even the storylines are usually not as good as those in manga (especially for those ported most of the time) or are at least not "done" as well as they were drawn out in manga.

I'll probably watch it (Ookami Kakushi) tomorrow or tonight

Thanks

I was not a manga person and then a few titles sucked me in and I really like them. The joy, for me, out of manga you can still interpret characters in your own way but with anime you are stuck with who the Seiyuu is and how they portray the character. saying that, some of the Seiyuus have very very moe voices.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

That's probably one reason why I like anime more than manga then; I'm not a very imaginative person

I do read a few mangas but I've pretty much stopped as I never remember to check often and therefore get lost on which chapter I was reading. I WAS reading Claymore, Sekirei and Ga-Rei but now I'm only reading Ga-Rei. Soon I probably won't even be reading that though haha.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Well I watched Ookami Kakushi and it's left me sort of puzzled I guess.

The setting is really similar to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, a guy moves to a a sort of countryside where there were disputes due to the expansion of the town. Here the characters are equally weird like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni but the storyline is really weird. I don't want to spoil myself by finding more about it but I'm finding it really odd that the girl is so attached to the guy. Also the guy's friend (can't ever remember names from first episodes) somehow just mysterious gets "killed" but we see a glimpse or someone that seems to be him alive.

I really don't like the main character though, he's way too normal yet for some reason everyone is treating him as the most popular guy. Really really odd anime.

But oddly enough I like odd anime and I'll therefore watch it too.

So this season I've got Ookami Kakushi and Dance in the Vampire Bund at the moment. From last season (not sure if these are ending soon) I've got some girly anime Kimi ni Todoke and FMA.

The anime this season that I won't watch/try are:
    -Sora no Woto: Although I loved K-On! I don't think I like this series as much so won't bother.
    -Chu Bra!: Comedies are great but I'm not too fond of anime comedies.
    -Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Doesn't sound all that great tbh.
    -Ladies vs Butlers: Enough ecchi is enough.
    -Omamori Himari: Harem = no.

Might try:
    -Durarara!!: It doesn't sound very interesting but I like the setting so it might be worth a try.

Registered+
    Thanks

Holy... i've gotta start watching some new anime, only just got into the whole anime thing with initial D (awesome series) and currently at ep 130 of bleach -.- Gonna try out darker than black, heard it was pretty good and it's only 24 episodes :3

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Yeah DTB is pretty good. Second season I've gotta say I liked more, first season I wasn't so happy about.

Love Tsukiakari no Michishirube by Stereopony though :3 (OP of DTB S2)

Thanks
    • arthurleung's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5E (Rampage Formula 0902)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 3.6Ghz 1.2V
      • Memory:
      • A-Data DDR2-800 2x2GB CL4
      • Storage:
      • 4x1TB WD1000FYPS @ RAID5 3Ware 9500S-8 / 3x 1TB Samsung Ecogreen F2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeCube HD4870 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX450
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Server 2008 Standard
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp 2709W + 2001FP
      • Internet:
      • Be*Unlimited 20Mbps

None of the new anime this season have impressed me so far, and most of the good stuff from last season ended. Really the only show that I like at the moment is Railgun.

Exam period anyway and I have AT3, FF13, EoE, SO4I to keep me entertained over the season, and probably rewatch some of the last year stuff.
    Workstation 1: Intel i7 950 @ 3.8Ghz / X58 / 12GB DDR3-1600 / HD4870 512MB / Antec P180
    Workstation 2: Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz / X38 / 4GB DDR2-800 / 8400GS 512MB / Open Air
    Workstation 3: Intel Xeon X3350 @ 3.2Ghz / P35 / 4GB DDR2-800 / HD4770 512MB / Shuttle SP35P2
    HTPC: AMD Athlon X4 620 @ 2.6Ghz / 780G / 4GB DDR2-1000 / Antec Mini P180 White
    Mobile Workstation: Intel C2D T8300 @ 2.4Ghz / GM965 / 3GB DDR2-667 / DELL Inspiron 1525 / 6+6+9 Cell Battery

Display (Monitor): DELL Ultrasharp 2709W + DELL Ultrasharp 2001FP
    Display (Projector): Epson TW-3500 1080p
    Speakers: Creative Megaworks THX550 5.1
    Headphones: Etymotic hf2 / Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro

Storage: 8x2TB Hitachi @ DELL PERC 6/i RAID6 / 13TB Non-RAID Across 12 HDDs
    Consoles: PS3 Slim 120GB / Xbox 360 Arcade 20GB / PS2

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is great, another WIN! for sleepy's recommendation lit
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Dance in the Vampire Bund - ep1.

Interesting opening episode - very confused as it starts as a quiz show/celebrity talk show, the topic being are vampires real. Not left an impression on me at all and for an opening episode, that is bad. I hope episode two is much better and that they feed you some more info - what little info ep 1 did divulge was mostly generic bumf.

It was just too random how the ruler of the vampires turns up on a TV show and claims a piece of land for their species..I'll have to look up the manga and see how it actually was portrayed.

Other than that 9and abit of Tokyo Mangnitude 8.0) I have not watched anime at all; been watching Densha Otoko and after that Keitai Sousakan 7.

A quite note on Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: I really found the two kids soo annoying, it has really put me of the show. The concept is good, the story is good but the kids just annoy me too much.
    Didn't know they made this into a manga, I've read a good bit of the manga and that's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by 0iD View Post
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is great, another WIN! for sleepy's recommendation lit
    Watched this years ago, very enjoyable in contrast to the more serious first season.

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by 0iD View Post
    Yea, it was quite good actually. Fumoffu is a must for any FMP fans.

Thanks

I've watched a few episodes of Fist of the North Star and I have to admit, even though it is bloody, it is so tragically comedic I found I was laughing at how bad it was.

Not strictly an anime (as it's live action) but I've been watching Akihabara@Deep, Sexy Voice and Robo and recently finished Densha Otoko. All of which are quite good and alot of references to animes, particularly Gundam. If you fancy watching something slightly different to anime, I can recommend the three titles.
    <snip>
    In the live action anime stakes you've just GOT to watch Cutie Honey The Live.
    Incredibly good TV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBeee View Post
    In the live action anime stakes you've just GOT to watch Cutie Honey The Live.
    Incredibly good TV.
    LoL? I've watched the first ep when it aired and I found it woefully bad...unless I am thinking of another show that sounds similar...

Well Darker than Black season 2 ended and finally got round to watching the last episode...Frustrating is the one word I would use. The producers decided to make it 12 episodes...so for 11 episodes you get a nice build up, lots of layers and then it ends...with absolutely crap explanation or none at all. I prefered the way the story was told over season 1...season 1 was far too episodic, predictable and terrible way to tell a story...you could predict who was a character purely generated to do one thing then get killed off. Season 2 was a little better in that respect. It's a shame there was little explanation of how season 2 picks up from season 1....you just get dumped into this story and you just got to run with it.

Still I'd rate season 2 better than season 1; season 1 had far too many fillers with the VERY annoying detective agency.

Ahh and another big let down for me on season 2 was the poor character developement but that is down to way too many characters and only 12 episodes. At least in season 1 the lady detective (kinzaki?) hunting BK201 developed an obsession for the "one that always gets away". Season 2 the characters tended to "flip-flop" quite quickly.

Soo many questions at the end of season 2.

So in conclusion; if they make a season 3, they better make it good and explain some stuff! If not...I'd watch season 2 just for Suou and Hei, the action sequences and FORGET about the most of the other stuff..and only then as a die hard DtB fan...after all Season 2 didn't really explain much about season 1 ending.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    OiD, have you seen Eureka 7? Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Damb you're an evil man, I'm now up to epsoide 40
    I don't think I've stayed with a series where one of the main charactures is that clueless, a the plot is soo drip fed, yet somehow it's kept me watching more.

There is Blood in it but not really in your face blood, quiet funny the epsiode when Renton finnally reaslise there's actually people in the mechs they've been fighting and they been killing people.
    I was almost shouting that at the screen by epsoide 3 and he doesn't realise untill epsoide 12 (I think it was)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead
    A quite note on Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: I really found the two kids soo annoying, it has really put me of the show. The concept is good, the story is good but the kids just annoy me too much.
    They are a bit annoying teenaged brats at frist, however I found them a closer portrail of selfish teenagers than many other series, esp going through the shock of it all. (well teenagers & 8year old)
    They often react in a very human way that people will in a sudden and alien situation like this.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

LoL? I've watched the first ep when it aired and I found it woefully bad...unless I am thinking of another show that sounds similar...

Well Darker than Black season 2 ended and finally got round to watching the last episode...Frustrating is the one word I would use. The producers decided to make it 12 episodes...so for 11 episodes you get a nice build up, lots of layers and then it ends...with absolutely crap explanation or none at all. I prefered the way the story was told over season 1...season 1 was far too episodic, predictable and terrible way to tell a story...you could predict who was a character purely generated to do one thing then get killed off. Season 2 was a little better in that respect. It's a shame there was little explanation of how season 2 picks up from season 1....you just get dumped into this story and you just got to run with it.

Still I'd rate season 2 better than season 1; season 1 had far too many fillers with the VERY annoying detective agency.

Ahh and another big let down for me on season 2 was the poor character developement but that is down to way too many characters and only 12 episodes. At least in season 1 the lady detective (kinzaki?) hunting BK201 developed an obsession for the "one that always gets away". Season 2 the characters tended to "flip-flop" quite quickly.

Soo many questions at the end of season 2.

So in conclusion; if they make a season 3, they better make it good and explain some stuff! If not...I'd watch season 2 just for Suou and Hei, the action sequences and FORGET about the most of the other stuff..and only then as a die hard DtB fan...after all Season 2 didn't really explain much about season 1 ending.
    I'd agree with you for DtB, season 2 just seemed to end without me understanding anything. To say that I don't remember anything from the last episode also shows that it hardly left an impression on me. Not sure why DtB seems to be so popular. It's a shame Hei lost his powers as he "was" the main character, Suou has a nice character but just pulling a massive gun out and shooting at everything gets a bit boring after a while. However her "melee" combat skills seemed to match Hei's when she's concentrating/in contractor "mode" and I remember Hei mentionining this.

If there was a season 3 I'd probably watch it but get confused again haha. I just never got on well with DtB endings.

The other anime:
    -FMA is still interesting as usual, I wonder what Van Hoenheim is actually up to. The episode that just aired was good in explaining the past and certainly opens up the story, however this episode it didn't even showed what was happening with the Briggs' lot except that they're being taken over by the Central goons.
    -The story behind Ookami Kakushi seems interesting, however the way it's shown at the moment just doesn't seem that interesting, not sure how to explain what I think about it but basically I just don't like the way how it's portrayed.
    -Naruto Shippuuden. Yes, I'm actually still watching this haha. The episodes are still long and drawn out as usual but the story is actually pretty interesting now, especially Itachi's past and what Sasuke is planning to do. Guess I'll just watch it when it's on the story arcs and skip it when it's on fillers.

Thread Information