Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21219202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread :)

I was really getting into DtB2 for it really was a challenge when Hei lost his powers, Suou picking up good fist fighting skillz and then the last episode had to spoil it all by going all trippy and throwing something together to end it.

I've not picked up FMA Brotherhood again since the christmas break.

I picked up Seikon no Qwaser...then dropped it after I found out that it was censored and animated gifs of those censored scenes un-censored! The wya they censored it was to show the sky or cieling..anything really...so I didn't really think it was censored...just poorly animated. Let's just say it is one step WORSE than Queens Blade...

I've also started watching a 1983 series called Plawres Sanshiro. It's quite bad...quite cheesey but oh so good! Think Pokemon/beyblade type show...but 1983 style!

Talking of fillers...Bleach..last ep I watched was like ep 160-odd...and they are upto ep 250-odd....with a couple of movies thrown in for good measure! Well if I ever get bored I got ALOT of catching up to do.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is still airing (so slow for just 13 OVA eps)...I shouldn't complain really...be thankful anime studios still churn out stuff like this to fill me "average anime needs" Nowt special about this show, just ticks all the right boxes for me.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Haha Seikon no Qwaser, I heard about it and it actually looks quite cool until I remember that the guy gets his power from breast milk...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Haha Seikon no Qwaser, I heard about it and it actually looks quite cool until I remember that the guy gets his power from breast milk...
    NOOO!!! Don't remind me....it just looks so weird and wrong....

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Here's an odd one for you.

My parents have come back from seeing my brother in Singapore over xmas, I always ask them to pic dvd/VCD's for me.
    Went around today, they got me "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"
    I'd never heard of it before, They picked it up because on the back is says
    From GAINAX, the creator of "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
    Which is one they knew I had.

Just finished watching the first episode, my response?
    It's Insane! in a good way.
    I'll have to watch more before I can make any real decision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann

Thanks

Not on the list but mentioned several times in the thread; TTGL is a marmite type anime. You'll either really enjoy it or you think it is utter crud.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    Here's an odd one for you.

My parents have come back from seeing my brother in Singapore over xmas, I always ask them to pic dvd/VCD's for me.
    Went around today, they got me "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"
    I'd never heard of it before, They picked it up because on the back is says
    Which is one they knew I had.

Just finished watching the first episode, my response?
    It's Insane! in a good way.
    I'll have to watch more before I can make any real decision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann
    That's pretty famous due to Yoko I believe haha. I personally haven't watched it myself as I tend to judge books by their cover so I can't comment on it though.

Thanks

Yup, Yoko is the heroine of the hour in that...

I am quite liking the "Real Image Ver." shame it is over £60 BEFORE shipping!!

I have to say, the 2010 season of anime is all rather blah at the moment...well Seikon no Qwaser isn't blah but it certainly isn't my cup of tea!!!

Might go back to watch some generic Pioneer stuff like El Hazard or Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure. Good times.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Well I've watched a load more and it's still INSANE

There's a recap episode at a hot springs/baths which is just a big trap (that's not really a spoiler because it's fairly obsious) however due to this trap/ambush "Kamina" (the impulsive, fearless and mad 2nd main characture) is butt naked, so covers his groin with "Boota" a small hamster like creature.
    And thus he spends the rest of the episode running round fighting beastmen wareing nothing but a small hamster.
    It did actually have me laughing out loud.

I can see why this would be a Marmite anime, it's rather silly and very fast paced, mainly down to Kamina, who seem to have no concept of fear and that anyone can do anything if they believe they can.
    He keeps doing the most ridiculous things, because he believes he can and gets away with them.

Yet under all this silly fast pased action is a really intresting world, where the surface of the world is an almost barren blasted shell ad humans have been forced to live, underground, in small isolated villages, hidden from the mecha piloting Beast men who, constantly search the surface looking for humans to kill.

Also re-watching Full metal panic as an antidote to the supreme loonacy of Gurren Lagann

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

I just loved TTGL, it's way up on my list of great anime. I think Yoko's dimensions probably had much to do with that Ah yes, buta; you should see where she lets him stay at times....damn him!

Thanks

I am curious, BSODMike, what is your take on Seikon no Qwaser? if you need access to the censored scenes, i can point you to where the animated gif files are.

Tried to watch Winter Sonata last night before bed (feeling very tired)...i ashamedly fell asleep...I was very tired. Not too sure what to watch next...all the titles seem blah at the moment. Guess all I want is my Code Geass Vincent Knighmare Frame to turn up along with the Gundam Victory...and Bandai are taking ages for the Clear Armour parts for the 00 Raiser...(and this is for a Japanese native to get for me...). Knowing my luck, I'll get all three at once! Lol!

*sigh* I been spoiled with some live action stuff...maybe I'll go borrow Kamen Rider off my friend next time I see him.

Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    I am curious, BSODMike, what is your take on Seikon no Qwaser? if you need access to the censored scenes, i can point you to where the animated gif files are.
    I'm just taking a look; will keep you posted

Thanks

Watched ep 2 of Dance in the Vampire Bund...what a crappy crappy show this is turning out to be. Trailer looked good. Blurb looked good. Manga said to be good. Anime is utter pants. I want to rage quit against an anime...

At least Ladies vs Butlers is living up to my expectations; generic crud with every type of stereotypical anime girl so far (that's been introduced). We like the klutzy maid..oh yes we do...

Ahh...I feel so lost without anything decent to watch.

Winter Sonata is being translated by half-decent people....so I get to enjoy that at some point.

Kimi ni Todoke has taken a bit of a nose dive recently...I think it went a bit pear shaped when they introduced Kurumi. The story arc sorta felt lame...and even more lame as to how Sawako reacted.

Ahh and (apologies if I've already mentioned before) I finished Sora no Otoshimono...seriously...did they have to cram in the entire ending like that? Pretty ordinary show with some nice chuckles in it and i felt the story was paced quite nicely..and then came the ending which was a "wham-bam-thank-you-mam" experience. Shame.

I picked up Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, watched eps 1 to 3. Not bad, not bad. Enjoying it for the fact i can relate to the idiot. IE it's like looking in the mirror (with exception to the two girls chasing him bit). Surprise package for me as I was expecting this to be utter utter drivel but it's not half bad...probably the best out of the new season that I have watched so far. Though to be hones,t that isn't saying much.

I honestly can't wait to borrow Kamen Rider...

Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Hey Hoang,

Thanks for the update, as always. I've changed my method for following new anime - I simply wait for one of your 'posts', and I'm sorted So big thumbs up

At least Ladies vs Butlers is living up to my expectations; generic crud with every type of stereotypical anime girl so far (that's been introduced). We like the klutzy maid..oh yes we do...
    Ooh thanks, I'll get that!

I picked up Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, watched eps 1 to 3. Not bad, not bad...
    This too! Now added to my Ubuntu box

Ahh...I feel so lost without anything decent to watch.
    I know the feeling, but then again I've already got about 2-300 GB of stuff you've already recommended; I plan to catch up on these sometime soon.

Re: Seikon no Qwaser: I think the uncensored version is airing 26th. The censoring is so SHODDY that it makes the action scenes just unbearable to watch. You know, something has happened and all that fluidity etc. gone out the window. I'm just going to wait till these get subbed. Mind giving me a heads up when this happens mate? Cheers!

Thanks

What am I? A test bunny?

I'm not sticking/following with Seikon no Qwaser so you'll have to remind yourself when the uncensored version pops up.

Thanks

Bump.

Got round to watching Sora no Woto ep1 last night. Think of K-On set in 1960s time period in a mediterranean country replacing guitars/drums for bugles, trumpets etc and replacing school with some military outpost stationed with girls who look like they still belong in school. I do mean right down to the main character who resembles Yui (is that her name? she annoyed the crap outa me) from K-On.

Another disappointing series, unless it's going to expand on the story of "the demon that fell rom the sky" and sort of do a Macross Zero - after finding the body, they try and find the head.

I'll stick with it for the next few eps but so far it's utter poop (unless you find Yui from K-On adorable then you'll find what's her face adorable too).

Things to look forward to: Gundam 00 movie (please not another recap film though a-la Macross F movie, Gundam Wing ~Endless Waltz~ movie etc) and whatever is happening with Code Geass. I've not kept tabs since the "mysterious" webpage popped up with a message from Zero.

I may not be a fan of Evangelion but I'm happy to give Evangelion 2.0 a watch, there is movie 2 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann out and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya film The latter I am quite eager to watch.

There is also the Magical Lyrical Nanoha Movie 1st that is out - there is a picture of the queues in Japan just to meet the Seiyuu (voice actress') at a showing and it's a massive queue....then there was a picture of the queue to see the film, again that was stupidly long and then a picture of a screening (well the audience)...and erm...I can certainly say 99% of the audience was male. Not forgetting to really pimp it out you got a little loyalty stamp booklet: watch the film twice get a goodie, watch it three times you get a copy of the film strip. Which part of the film you get is totally random. Way to pimp a film, whoever did Avatar should have done a similar thing

heh, went from a "what i watched and thought" post to a semi-news update/rambling...

Thanks

Bump just for BSODMike: Ep 2 uncensored of Seikon no Qwaser is out; pictures from the censored scenes are floating around the net...enjoy.

Thread Information