Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

Re: The Anime Thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Bump just for BSODMike: Ep 2 uncensored of Seikon no Qwaser is out; pictures from the censored scenes are floating around the net...enjoy.
    Seems *****-**** have subbed it [ep 1 that is]. Thanks though!
    Last edited by bsodmike; 29-01-2010 at 06:01 AM.

2. Received thanks from:

sleepyhead (31-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike View Post
    Seems *****-**** have subbed it [ep 1 that is]. Thanks though!
    Might want to erase fansub names, else this thread could end up deleted.

The only ones available are the paid for webcasts which aren't fantastic quality but the proper TV broadcast should have started now.

Watched more of Sora no Woto and it STILL feels like K-On...just different setting. Really feels like a doujinshi-style anime based on K-On.

Speaking of K-On, Yui and another K-On character had a cameo in another anime. I forget it's title now...I'll have to look it up when I get home! Seems to be a recent fad of cameos, with Kannagi featuring Lucky Star and even Haruhi Suzumiya!

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

Might want to erase fansub names, else this thread could end up deleted.
    Fixed!

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Watched Katanagatari, not sure what I think of it. It's kinda stupid and doesn't really have anything interesting about it yet I still enjoyed it. Only comes out once a month though.

Getting addicted to the FMA closing o.O When I first heard SCANDAL it was their Bleach OP song, Shoujo Sect, that really made me laugh, girl + guitar + rain + seifuku = otaku's dreams haha. But oddly enough, Shunkan Sentimental is really good o.o

Kimi ni Todoke Ep17 was a recap so I didn't watch it as I hate recaps.

Haven't watched Ookami Kakushi latest ep yet, still watching Dance in the Vampire Bund, not sure why though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Watched Katanagatari, not sure what I think of it. It's kinda stupid and doesn't really have anything interesting about it yet I still enjoyed it. Only comes out once a month though.

Getting addicted to the FMA closing o.O When I first heard SCANDAL it was their Bleach OP song, Shoujo Sect, that really made me laugh, girl + guitar + rain + seifuku = otaku's dreams haha. But oddly enough, Shunkan Sentimental is really good o.o

Kimi ni Todoke Ep17 was a recap so I didn't watch it as I hate recaps.

Haven't watched Ookami Kakushi latest ep yet, still watching Dance in the Vampire Bund, not sure why though
    It's ep 16 of Kimi ni Todoke ;-) Started watching it last night, found it was a re-cap and stopped. Instead I decided to watch FMA:Brotherhood ep 38. It's getting really good!

Anyhow, your comment on Dance in the Vampire Bund....I know EXACTLY why you watch it and why you like it! Applying that sunscreen eh? Show is far too dodgy for it's own good!

The only decent Bleach OP was the High & Mighty Color song (forget it's title now).

Still not got round to watching Ookami Kakushi...

I should finish watching Asura Cryin' season 2 (or part 2 of season 1...whatever you want to call it)...then stick up my thoughts

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

It's ep 16 of Kimi ni Todoke ;-) Started watching it last night, found it was a re-cap and stopped. Instead I decided to watch FMA:Brotherhood ep 38. It's getting really good!

Anyhow, your comment on Dance in the Vampire Bund....I know EXACTLY why you watch it and why you like it! Applying that sunscreen eh? Show is far too dodgy for it's own good!

The only decent Bleach OP was the High & Mighty Color song (forget it's title now).

Still not got round to watching Ookami Kakushi...

I should finish watching Asura Cryin' season 2 (or part 2 of season 1...whatever you want to call it)...then stick up my thoughts
    Ah, ep 16, my bad, wasn't sure but I was too lazy to click a few more times to check haha. Yup, FMA sure is getting good, don't wanna spoil in case there are those that haven't read it. I wonder if that stone is real though.

Took me a few minutes to get what you meant by sunscreen - no thanks lol, I'd rather watch Seikon no Qwasar, checked out a few blogs lol.

Ichirin no Hana! That song was really good. I was gonna watch the second season of Asura Cryin as I watched the first season but then I kinda just never bothered. Same applies to that show with that guy and that singer girl.. Forgot what it was called, I just remember the girls were called Yuki and Rina.

Need to watch K-On! ep 14 too, but most importantly, gotta revise for further maths exam on Monday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike View Post
    Fixed!
    Thanking you muchly kind sir.

Ah, ep 16, my bad, wasn't sure but I was too lazy to click a few more times to check haha. Yup, FMA sure is getting good, don't wanna spoil in case there are those that haven't read it. I wonder if that stone is real though.

Took me a few minutes to get what you meant by sunscreen - no thanks lol, I'd rather watch Seikon no Qwasar, checked out a few blogs lol.

Ichirin no Hana! That song was really good. I was gonna watch the second season of Asura Cryin as I watched the first season but then I kinda just never bothered. Same applies to that show with that guy and that singer girl.. Forgot what it was called, I just remember the girls were called Yuki and Rina.

Need to watch K-On! ep 14 too, but most importantly, gotta revise for further maths exam on Monday
    LoL! So Ulti, you gonna go looking for the uncensored webcast of Seikon no Qwaser now?

Wasn't K-On ep 14 the OVA?

!!! How could you forget White Album....Yuki, Rina and that useless dude Touya...

Anyhow, onto the real reason I am posting: to discuss about recap episodes.
    In the past it was pretty easy to see and filter out the recap episodes; generally they were labelled as episode "number".5. Now it seems the seasons incorporate the recaps as part of the series which is daft on a normal single season of 24-26 episodes. Long series, such as FMA or Twelve Kingdoms etc., do well by having recap episodes (as long as you don't do a back-to-back marathon of watching them) as generally there will be a few story arcs and over the course of time it is handy to have a recap to surmarise all the story arcs. Recaps, as a means to fill a slot, in a normal season is just backwards. Current example is Kimi ni Todoke, the story is relatively simple, straight forward so why recap? Give the animators a break by only having to draw a few scenes to tie the re-hashed scenes together? Pad out the series so it makes it's alloted quote? To be honest, it's wasted effort - the animators could have just put a sign up that said "ep 16, here is some filler" and show a clip of some paint drying.

Right now that I got that off my chest....Dance in the Vampire Bund. Four episodes in and how quick do the animators want to run through the series? So the main guy, Akira, has lost his memories in ep 1, by ep 2 he remembers most of it, by ep 3 it's like nothing has changed. Usually it's the reverse, there is a poor level of character development; this series is the opposite, developing so fast that he's almost a different person already.
    Mina Tepes on the other hand...the loli queen of the Vampires eh? She seems to have a nasty/dark streak to her but at the same time she'll aim to do something compassionate. I can get her, she is focussed on whatever it is she is trying to achieve but at the moment I have no idea what exactly that is. There will be something (or I hope there is) underlying the fact that she needs that newly built (and unpopulated) city...else the plot/story is far too simplistic. Also it is very clear from the very start that her rulership of the vampires amongst the vampires is not all well...

..and finally onto my fave show of this season, Ladies vs Butlers. Once again it does not disappoint in ticking the right generic boxes for ecchi* harem comedy In episode 4, Hino, somehow ends up being engaged/trying to be forcibly married to a girl who has just enrolled (with her bodyguard in tow). Ahh so so cheesey, predictable and generic but it just doesn't disappoint.

*some would argue that it has gone beyond that of the Ecchi category, I say, who cares! It's great viewing!

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

LoL! So Ulti, you gonna go looking for the uncensored webcast of Seikon no Qwaser now?

Wasn't K-On ep 14 the OVA?

!!! How could you forget White Album....Yuki, Rina and that useless dude Touya...
    !
    Lol, not worth watching, I just went to see what it's like compared to Queen's Blade and it seems so similar except the guy looks sorta cool when he's fighting cos he's a bit like that D grayman guy.

Yup, OVA I believe, still haven't watched it yet. Either way though, for slice of life animes, OVA or not, they all seem the same anyway to me

Yeah that's the one, White Album.. That Touya is indeed useless... Was the reason why I stopped watching it. Hate characters like him.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

I'm not going to lie - i know sod all what makes (a) decent anime. The last time I watched something anime-related was the shorts in Kill Bill and before this Pokemon before there was 300(?) species. Anyhow, I'm going to give this Halo Legends Blu-Ray the once over and see what I think (massive Halo fan) - is there something I should be looking for other than the aim of just enjoying to know if its a good series to suggest to you guys ?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Lol, not worth watching, I just went to see what it's like compared to Queen's Blade and it seems so similar except the guy looks sorta cool when he's fighting cos he's a bit like that D grayman guy.

Yup, OVA I believe, still haven't watched it yet. Either way though, for slice of life animes, OVA or not, they all seem the same anyway to me

Yeah that's the one, White Album.. That Touya is indeed useless... Was the reason why I stopped watching it. Hate characters like him.
    Hehe, I like it for Rina, Yuki and the other girls. ;-) What they see in Touya I don't know. Kind of reminds me of a poor man's version of KgNE. Mitsuki Kutsuki FTW!

Ahh Allen Walker from D Gray Man; dropped that series as it had alot of filler which really stretched out the thin (at the time) story arc. Still he looks cool, especially when he attains Crown/Clown.

K-On drives me potty purely for Yui..she's too annoying. However April = season 2 so must be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    I'm not going to lie - i know sod all what makes (a) decent anime. The last time I watched something anime-related was the shorts in Kill Bill and before this Pokemon before there was 300(?) species. Anyhow, I'm going to give this Halo Legends Blu-Ray the once over and see what I think (massive Halo fan) - is there something I should be looking for other than the aim of just enjoying to know if its a good series to suggest to you guys ?
    I'm quite a stubborn git when it comes to my definition of "anime" and I'd not term Halo as such. However if it is good then let us know. I'm quite anti-Halo, I never got into it and fail to see the appeal.

I don't know what makes a decent anime; only can say what I enjoy and what I don't enjoy.

Thanks

so bored with new stuff started to watch hajime no ippo again

Thanks

Durarara!! Ep 1 was very interesting. I liked it as an opening tot he series; lets hope it carries on in the same vein.

Might be the best pick of 2010 so far...though a massive challenger to that is Seikon no Qwaser purely as it fails SO badly it's funny...oh so funny yet so bad.

Lets see what the follow up episodes of Durarara!! are like...

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Anyone seen Tokko? Is much cheapness from Play. Need to smile sweetly at Mrs 0iD to buy it for me
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks

Not seen Tokko but...if it's the same one that i found reviews of...suppose I best surmise by copy and paste

"Value: Nice for an action-series, but such a lousy ending.

I can understand that one would watch this, but the ending is so seriously lame that I'd guess you better skip the part whenever the credits come up and save your imagination.

Enjoyment: Easily accessible.

Tokkou is a nice action-series which suffers from a lot of things. Yet, despite all flaws pointed out above, it still is a nice action/horror series and I really enjoyed parts of it. The major problem is that I really only enjoyed parts of it, as there are so many things wrong with this anime that is's impossible to be able to enjoy it as a whole. "

The whole review is quite long. Scored 4.83 out of 10.

16. Received thanks from:

0iD (04-02-2010)

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Ahh Allen Walker from D Gray Man; dropped that series as it had alot of filler which really stretched out the thin (at the time) story arc. Still he looks cool, especially when he attains Crown/Clown.

K-On drives me potty purely for Yui..she's too annoying. However April = season 2 so must be good.
    Never watched D Gray Man, so I can't really comment on it apart from he looks like Allen Walker but cooler

I loved K-On! Especially the music, I've always been a fan of slice of life anime haha. Anime such as Clannad are pure win in my eyes. I even played the visual novel and completed it to 100% but I did have to use a walkthrough though but I played it for the story more than achievement (i.e. I just wanted to get through every story without meeting the "dead end" endings hence why I use a walkthrough)

How's Durarara? I wanted to watch it but seeing as how bad action animes have been lately I haven't had a chance to try.

Thanks

Never watched D Gray Man, so I can't really comment on it apart from he looks like Allen Walker but cooler

I loved K-On! Especially the music, I've always been a fan of slice of life anime haha. Anime such as Clannad are pure win in my eyes. I even played the visual novel and completed it to 100% but I did have to use a walkthrough though but I played it for the story more than achievement (i.e. I just wanted to get through every story without meeting the "dead end" endings hence why I use a walkthrough)

How's Durarara? I wanted to watch it but seeing as how bad action animes have been lately I haven't had a chance to try.
    Slice of Life = Genshiken everytime. My friend tells me that I am "Madarame"...lol. Bad sign, eh?

Not watched anymore of Durarara!!, been away all weekend and decided to watch an episode of Baka-Test. Simplisically nice to watch. I'm hoping Durarara!! will keep up it's pace from episode 1 so I'll check out a few more episodes tonight.

Speaking of K-On, there are plenty of stuff to buy from that series and some of it is just simply kawaii~~. Yui still annoys me but I think Mio makes up for it...

Thread Information