Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 12345671424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread :)

Please no spoilers.
    I liked School Days; it is like depraved version of KgNE.

I've left anime behind for the moment; been playing L4D!
    Last edited by sleepyhead; 19-02-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    I liked School Days; it is like depraved version of KgNE. :laugh
    Spoliers? I don't think I mentioned too much than the kind of description you'd expect on AniDB; besides there isn't much of a 'plot' in School Days now is there

It definitely is depraved but I am having trouble understanding how anyone could 'like' that kind of stuff

Regular ecchi/pantsu is harmless tbh, but this is on a completely different level of . May be I'm reading too much into it but it definitely is not one of those animes that'll leave you with a happy feeling afterwards. More like a bus just ran you over a couple times...

How's L4D? I just gave the RE5 demo a try, got killed obv

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsodmike View Post
    Spoliers? I don't think I mentioned too much than the kind of description you'd expect on AniDB; besides there isn't much of a 'plot' in School Days now is there

It definitely is depraved but I am having trouble understanding how anyone could 'like' that kind of stuff

Regular ecchi/pantsu is harmless tbh, but this is on a completely different level of . May be I'm reading too much into it but it definitely is not one of those animes that'll leave you with a happy feeling afterwards. More like a bus just ran you over a couple times...

How's L4D? I just gave the RE5 demo a try, got killed obv
    Hrm..well depicting that the main male lead dies in School Days is a spoiler...as it was totally left field for me. I like it School Days as its quite exaggerated in..well...everything.

Ahh L4D is just addictive fun in either normal campaign missions or Versus. It is very satisfying when a team effort ambush goes so well, you beat the other team - as mentioned in the L4D thread, we ambushed a team as they left the start point. One of the shortest games ever!

Spanked Member
    Thanks

No need to reiterate what happens to who though! Man, just as well I had seen this

I really liked School Days, although you could probably rip out most of the middle episodes to get to anything decent in plot. It does get warped, and becomes something completely dark, and I didn't see through it till later - makes a change from a lot of the generic stuff that gets thrown out there (and for some reason does well). Ecchi factor aside, I think it certainly ranks amongst the top.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I like tragic love stories...though you may find Tsukihime and Kiminozo a drag too but neither of those really have the vulnerable-always-apologising-meant-to-be-cute characters...well kiminozo sort of does with Haruka...
    God, I should've just taken your advice. I sat through this one as well - however, I ended up liking Haruka's character more towards the end than through the first 12 episodes. But I think that's it for this genre, don't really do much for me. If female characters are going to annoy me, let them have a little sass. Like Revy, and Asuka.

Loves duck, Peking Duck! bsodmike's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bsodmike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Misc.
      • CPU:
      • Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (8-cores) / iMac 2.8GHz C2D Extreme Edition / MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 & 13.3" 2.26 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2 kits on all systems / FB ECC RAM in Mac Pro
      • Storage:
      • 320GB + 3x 1TB, Mac Pro / 500 GB, iMac / 2x 1TB & 2x 2TB WD My Book Studio II, via FW800 to Mac Pro
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB (two dual-link DVI ports / Mac Pro)
      • PSU:
      • Misc.
      • Case:
      • Misc.
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X 10.5 (Mac Pro) / Mac OS X 10.4.11 (others)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple 23" Cinema HD / Dell FPW2408 / iMac 24" display
      • Internet:
      • 2mbps ADSL (Mac Pro) / 512kbps WiMax (Wifi/MacBook Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303 View Post
    No need to reiterate what happens to who though!
    Sorry, that was a mistake on my part; wasn't intentional. I've edited my original post regarding this. P.S. Hoang, would be great if you can edit both yours as well

... makes a change from a lot of the generic stuff that gets thrown out there (and for some reason does well).
    True! I never expected it to get so warped either, and never seen it before in an anime for sure. Could this be the 'darkest' anime I've seen...hmm?

What's the darkest you guys have seen?

Thanks

God, I should've just taken your advice. I sat through this one as well - however, I ended up liking Haruka's character more towards the end than through the first 12 episodes. But I think that's it for this genre, don't really do much for me. If female characters are going to annoy me, let them have a little sass. Like Revy, and Asuka.
    Ahh but Revy and Asuka are from action orientated animes. You'll like Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

To be honest melodramas are like any genre, you either like it or not. I wouldn't for one second recommend to you White Album, it's slow, has annoying apologetic characters etc. but BSODMike would probably like it.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Ahh but Revy and Asuka are from action orientated animes. You'll like Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
    OK then, Kaname Chidori from FMP then ! (but that's a comedy...)

I'll check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann next...cheers

Chobits < SUPERB, the cutest and definitely now one of my favourites. Everytime "Chi" went 'chi~~~?', my heart melted xD
    Haha, I think this shows how different styles we like, Mike - I completely detested Chobits. The "Chi" thing was too much for me, and I found it almost a bit too eerie . . . what you thought of School Days is probably what I thought of Chobits! Why on earth do I sit through animes which I can't stand!

Thanks
    • Main's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock 939 Dual sata-2
      • CPU:
      • A64 X2 4200 @ 2.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2Gb Corsair XMS DDR400 2-3-3-6
      • Storage:
      • Various discs all over the place
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Antec NeoHE 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec P160
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ FP241W
      • Internet:
      • BT "up to 8mbit" @ ~7mbit

Why on earth do I sit through animes which I can't stand!
    Ah the age old habit...

I think it partly has something to do with a compulsion for completeness - I have watched all of this even though it burned my insides away!! - along the lines of getting all the achievements in a game. If you're anything like me (and you seem to have commented along similar lines to my tastes...) you'll eventually come across something you hate so much that it will snap you out of it, and from then on you'll have no trouble dropping something you don't like after that
    Last edited by Main; 19-02-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: raaaaar typo

Thanks

Revy got a mention !

Wish they'd say when the 3rd Season of Black Lagoon would be produced/released/out (i assume we're on about the same Revy :S).

I've not really found any new anime as such, just watching through Rosario+Vampire Capu2 (after finishing the first one) although i've left a few on hold, Vampire Knight Guilty (i really struggle to watch that... not that it's bad, just hate the interaction between the 3 people) and Darker than Black which i left mainly for subbing reasons although i now think it was just VLC Player that had issues since moving to WMP none of the issues are present any more (had a crappy font and really bad spelling issues <- dunno what's up with that :S).

Oh and also started Kuro****suji although not liking the Ronery subs (unfortunately they're the only ones subbing weekly/the recent eps). At first it's not bad giving off a semi-serious tone although now (episode 14ish and afterwards) it still retains most of the seriousness but it also just appears really childish as well. =/.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

If you're anything like me (and you seem to have commented along similar lines to my tastes...) you'll eventually come across something you hate so much that it will snap you out of it, and from then on you'll have no trouble dropping something you don't like after that
    I think I have a threshold of 3-4 episodes. Once I pass this point, I'll keep going. It's a sickness. I only watched Chobits because of the big woo-hah about it, but then I remember not liking Noir despite it's popularity. I should really dump them if I don't like what I see by episode 2...

Revy got a mention !

Wish they'd say when the 3rd Season of Black Lagoon would be produced/released/out (i assume we're on about the same Revy :S)
    Yes, same Revy

Darker than Black was OK, think it was an anime that didn't manage to piss me off in some way or another! But yeah, I'm having difficulty finding things to watch....though I tend not to watch as much as I did before, anyway.

Thanks

But yeah, I'm having difficulty finding things to watch....though I tend not to watch as much as I did before, anyway.
    Same here... although i think that's mainly because i've "run out" of complete series' to watch so no more 20 episodes in one day or the like when i get back from lectures .

Thanks

OK then, Kaname Chidori from FMP then ! (but that's a comedy...)
    Ahh the interaction Sagara Sousuke and Kaname Chidori is just fantastic. I could sit and watch Fumoffu all day long time and time again.

Haha, I think this shows how different styles we like, Mike - I completely detested Chobits. The "Chi" thing was too much for me, and I found it almost a bit too eerie . . . what you thought of School Days is probably what I thought of Chobits! Why on earth do I sit through animes which I can't stand!
    I sat through and watched Dragonaut. It is just LAME but after 6 episodes I just had to watch it all...even though it was just so tragically bad. For me, there is a limit when it comes to characters with certain sayings....Chobits and "chi~~~" was one of them....others are the suffixes such as "nyaa" and "desu/su" at the end of every freakin' sentence. Most animes with characters like that are just so generic (stares directly at Asu no Yoichi)...even if it is a parody.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I could sit and watch Fumoffu all day long time and time again.
    Something tells me you already have!

Watched the first ep of TTGL last night, not bad first impressions....then again, this is leading on from Saikano and Kiminoza!

Thanks

Started watching Detroit Metal City last night; that is a riot and a half of laughs.

If foul language doesn't phase you, this is a really funny anime about a young musician who loves swedish pop but somehow is now the singer/guitar for an up and coming death metal band, DMC.

Krauser FTW!

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

If foul language doesn't phase you
    One of the subbing groups phases it out and makes it non-illicit, Triad however, don't
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thread Information