Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456781525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread :)

There is a DMC movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142972/

Satsugai se yo!!! Full length single

Last edited by sleepyhead; 02-03-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Oh dear...

Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Hey Sleepy,

You got any other recommendations of animes with characters like Yoko from Gurren? I'm liking the series, entertainingly childish, though a bit much in the face. Even the cute one (the princess) doesn't annoy me in this, at least she has her strong points!

Thanks

Little bit off topic, but did anyone catch the Death Note film on Film4 at the weekend?
    I never knew it was on until about an hour after it started.
    Part 2 next weekend

Thanks

I've seen Death Note films 1 and 2 and they are not bad at all. Eagerly awaiting film 3's release as I do not know how they can make a film 3 (however it is implied in the booklet you get with the death note 2 boxset).

AciD303, i'll come back to you once I have had a good think Something tells me alot of titles I'll mention (Appleseed) you've already seen!
    Quickly, you can check out Detroit Metal City, the female president of the band in that anime is quite....erm....forceful..shall we say.

EDIT for ACID303: Hrm...you can try Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel (I think is the title), El Hazard OAV (for the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishy Shayla-Shayla) and Kara no Kyoukai for Ryougi who isn't rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishy but is slightly insane with murderous intent (and uber "eyes of death").
    Last edited by sleepyhead; 03-03-2009 at 09:56 AM.

6. Received thanks from:

ACiD303 (03-03-2009)

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post

0iD:
    Have you watched Rosario+Vampire yet?
    No, what with being away for a couple of weeks & everythang I've not had a chance. Hopefully I have some free evenings Thurs & Fri to start catching up on the viewing
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks

I am in the middle of watching Bleach from the very start and also half way through Samurai Champloo which is ment to be really good. Also got Death Note on the list :-D

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Hrm...you can try Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel (I think is the title), El Hazard OAV (for the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishy Shayla-Shayla) and Kara no Kyoukai for Ryougi who isn't rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishy but is slightly insane with murderous intent (and uber "eyes of death").
    I'll give em a go sometime, Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel looks good.

Thanks

ACiD303:
    Michiko to Hatchin (from the first 2 or 3 eps I've seen, the lead woman is kinda crazy, sassy and doesn't give a damn! lol)
    Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (Birdy has both a weak side and a, "I'm gonna arrest you no matter what" attitude)
    and if you not seen it, Claymore None of the ladies there are weak or feeble or apologetic. They just beat the crap out of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 0iD
    No, what with being away for a couple of weeks & everythang I've not had a chance. Hopefully I have some free evenings Thurs & Fri to start catching up on the viewing
    Ahh ok 0iD I was curious about your opinipn on the show, even though I think it is quite...quite terrible.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

OMG THERE'S AN ANIME THREAD?!?!?!

Why did noone tell me about it xD

Which ongoing anime are you guys watching at the moment?

I'm watching:
    Gundam S2 <-- Epic
    Clannad ~After story~ <-- OMG <3
    White Album <-- Not bad but the main char keeps switching interests X_X
    Kurokami <-- So so

Not that many good ones this season but Clannad + Gundam makes up for it Lots of second seasons of animes and most of the ones I haven't watched so I didn't bother watching the second season.

FMA 2nd season coming out after Gundam finishes !:O

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    OMG THERE'S AN ANIME THREAD?!?!?!

Why did noone tell me about it xD

Which ongoing anime are you guys watching at the moment?

I'm watching:
    Gundam S2 <-- Epic
    Clannad ~After story~ <-- OMG <3
    White Album <-- Not bad but the main char keeps switching interests X_X
    Kurokami <-- So so

Not that many good ones this season but Clannad + Gundam makes up for it Lots of second seasons of animes and most of the ones I haven't watched so I didn't bother watching the second season.

FMA 2nd season coming out after Gundam finishes !:O
    Read post 1 first
    I quite like Kurokami, nice bit of brutality to offset Maria-Holic, which is stupidly funny and offset White Album (drama/romance).
    The problem with White Album is that it's fallen into the harem trap. I hoped it wouldn't go that way but it has and am really disappointed with it. I no longer can understand Touya and therefore the centre character for the series is lost for me and all that is left is the pathetic Yuki, the stealing Misaki and some other bit part characters. I shouldn't rag on it so much but...i had such high hopes for a slow, romantic drama of the two protagonist overcoming the massive hardship that is Yuki becoming an idol.

Oh word of warning to EVERYONE: DO NOT WATCH COSPRAYERS!!!! I cannot un-see what I have watched. I want my time back.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Read post 1 first
    I quite like Kurokami, nice bit of brutality to offset Maria-Holic, which is stupidly funny and offset White Album (drama/romance).
    The problem with White Album is that it's fallen into the harem trap. I hoped it wouldn't go that way but it has and am really disappointed with it. I no longer can understand Touya and therefore the centre character for the series is lost for me and all that is left is the pathetic Yuki, the stealing Misaki and some other bit part characters. I shouldn't rag on it so much but...i had such high hopes for a slow, romantic drama of the two protagonist overcoming the massive hardship that is Yuki becoming an idol.

Oh word of warning to EVERYONE: DO NOT WATCH COSPRAYERS!!!! I cannot un-see what I have watched. I want my time back.
    Yup I read your first post. Was asking everyone else what they're watching xD

And yeah I was watching White Album and the first few episodes looked really good but now it's just girls being all over him :/ *Sigh* Guess that's why you cant count on eroges on becoming good animes (Well some are xD)

Can't believe you're not watching Clannad though... I guess I just love it too much and complain when I see people not watching it xD If you are watching it then give it some praise! It's gonna be getting sad here on :/

Spanked Member
    Thanks

ACiD303:
    Michiko to Hatchin (from the first 2 or 3 eps I've seen, the lead woman is kinda crazy, sassy and doesn't give a damn! lol)
    Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (Birdy has both a weak side and a, "I'm gonna arrest you no matter what" attitude)
    and if you not seen it, Claymore None of the ladies there are weak or feeble or apologetic. They just beat the crap out of stuff!

First two look good. Never been into the sword fighting animes (Kenshi was perhaps the exception, and that was more Samurai), it usually just makes for really crap sword-fighting scenes, but I'll give it a go if you recommend it!

EVERYONE: DO NOT WATCH COSPRAYERS!!!! I cannot un-see what I have watched. I want my time back.

So....Cosprayers < = Chobits?

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

How come you don't have Forbidden Planet in the where to buy?

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/categories/Type/23/Anime

and Forbidden planet international has a (very small) collection of memorabilia http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

16. Received thanks from:

sleepyhead (04-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Yup I read your first post. Was asking everyone else what they're watching xD

And yeah I was watching White Album and the first few episodes looked really good but now it's just girls being all over him :/ *Sigh* Guess that's why you cant count on eroges on becoming good animes (Well some are xD)

Can't believe you're not watching Clannad though... I guess I just love it too much and complain when I see people not watching it xD If you are watching it then give it some praise! It's gonna be getting sad here on :/
    Ahh ok, I wasn't sure if you just leapt into the thread and hit reply I am watching Clannad ~After Story~ though it's not as appealing as the first season. Eroges can be good animes though, pretty sure Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was an eroge and Shingetsutan Tsukihime also.

Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303 View Post
    First two look good. Never been into the sword fighting animes (Kenshi was perhaps the exception, and that was more Samurai), it usually just makes for really crap sword-fighting scenes, but I'll give it a go if you recommend it!

So....Cosprayers < = Chobits?
    Fighting animes aren't my thing either but Claymore, for me at least, has a nice story with abit of past/present parallels. Such a shame the end of the season was just awful. I guess the appeal to me is Clare's "can do" attitude, even though she is the lowest most pathetic Claymore out there, oh and not forgetting her motive too. There is alot of fighting, it is gorey/brutal but the story appealed to me. Then again ACiD303, you know what my tastes are like...

Yes Cosprayers is MUCH MUCH worse than chobits but on a different level. Chobits was annoying for the chii~~ buisiness, Cosprayers just does your head in with the constant repetition, obvious scenes that do not need explaining (over and over)...it's just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    How come you don't have Forbidden Planet in the where to buy?

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/categories/Type/23/Anime

and Forbidden planet international has a (very small) collection of memorabilia http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/
    ok, the most obvious was forgotten. I'll do some work to the first post after I fix the problem with the gfx drivers and L4D.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Fighting animes aren't my thing either but Claymore, for me at least, has a nice story with abit of past/present parallels... There is alot of fighting, it is gorey/brutal but the story appealed to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love animes with fighting in them - depending on how it's done, of course - but its the sword-wielding ones that tug my goat because it's usually a clash of swords (clang clang clang) intertwined with guff dialogue not too dissimilar to "yo momma..." ... and if one of them doesn't die there and then, you know you're going to have to put up with another scene just like it later on!

Can probably say the same about any anime, or film for that matter, but I just think the sword wielding animes should just forget about the swords and just have 2 characters shouting at each other face to face, and be done with that!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456781525 ... LastLast

Thread Information