Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891626 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love animes with fighting in them - depending on how it's done, of course - but its the sword-wielding ones that tug my goat because it's usually a clash of swords (clang clang clang) intertwined with guff dialogue not too dissimilar to "yo momma..." ... and if one of them doesn't die there and then, you know you're going to have to put up with another scene just like it later on!

Can probably say the same about any anime, or film for that matter, but I just think the sword wielding animes should just forget about the swords and just have 2 characters shouting at each other face to face, and be done with that!
    DBZ FTW!!!! Fight scenes that last ENTIRE seasons!

I don't remember any scenes in claymore that use "yo mamma" type bumf dialogue..I'll give it a review once I get back home, flick to some fight scenes. I do remember characters dying in fight scenes; so it's not all a lost cause.

Can try the trailer found here but it just shows you clips from the fight scenes...the hardest bit about the anime and manga is due to the process the Claymore girls go through, they all end up having similar features, silver eyes and blonde hair - so a few of them look similar if they have similar hair cuts!

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Ahh ok, I wasn't sure if you just leapt into the thread and hit reply I am watching Clannad ~After Story~ though it's not as appealing as the first season. Eroges can be good animes though, pretty sure Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was an eroge and Shingetsutan Tsukihime also.
    Ahh true that it's not as appealing as the first season. I still love the second season though. It's sad how the story turns out. I'm a sucker for tearjerkers haha xD

Never watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or Shingetsutan Tsukihime as usually if I see it's based on an eroge I don't tend to watch it :/

Thanks

Has anyone seen; battle vixens?

What is it like? I have it on order!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drobbins View Post

What is it like? I have it on order!
    Ikkitousen (Battle Vixens): Unless you are a fan of fighting animes with pantsu shots, fan service and paper clothing this is one to avoid. That's my take on it anyhow.

I don't know what you expect from an anime or what your tastes are.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Despite the less-than-subtle ecchi nature of the anime, Ikkitosen (Japanese name) is actually great fun, and has a great storyline - it balances comedy and action (and fanservice, I guess) very well.

All the characters are lively, though there are the couple of obligatory silent characters who let their ass-kicking do the talking. The protagonist, Hakafu, is really naive, and sometimes you do wonder how on earth is this girl the lead in an all fighting anime - but all is revealed....after a plethora of panty shots, of course!

If you like this, Tengho Tenge is a must - in fact, it's way better!

edit: damn, too slow, sleepy got in before me. Anyway, if you have it order, you're going to end up watching it anyway!

Thanks

Despite the less-than-subtle ecchi nature of the anime, Ikkitosen (Japanese name) is actually great fun, and has a great storyline - it balances comedy and action (and fanservice, I guess) very well.

All the characters are lively, though there are the couple of obligatory silent characters who let their ass-kicking do the talking. The protagonist, Hakafu, is really naive, and sometimes you do wonder how on earth is this girl the lead in an all fighting anime - but all is revealed....after a plethora of panty shots, of course!

edit: damn, too slow, sleepy got in before me. Anyway, if you have it order, you're going to end up watching it anyway!

Well your view on Ikkitousen just illustrates how such an anime can be disliked by me but enjoyed by others. Again, I have the same view on Tenjou Tenge (why title an anime Sky up Sky down...) BUT I do love the opening tune, Bomb-a-head by mcA-T and the opening sequence is pretty good too.

Thanks

I dont expect much from an anime, i like many, action are more the kind i enjoy however.

Champloo
    Gundam
    Bleach

Rich

Thanks

I dont expect much from an anime, i like many, action are more the kind i enjoy however.

Champloo
    Gundam
    Bleach

Rich
    Well if you want some more action anime titles to check out, review post 1 under category "Action". It's by no means a complete or definitive list.

9. Received thanks from:

Drobbins (05-03-2009)

Thanks

I have already noted these Thanks sleepyhead!!!

Thanks

I have already noted these Thanks sleepyhead!!!
    Glad to see the list is of use to more than just a few of us. If you got recommendations, put them up here and I'll eventually get round to updating the first post!

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Gundam
    Keep an eye out for the 30th anniversary Gundam anime later this year - it's set back in the good ole' UC timeline and using the RX-78 again, undoubtedly with a brand spanking new facelift and paintjob to commemorate the occasion!

13. Received thanks from:

sleepyhead (05-03-2009)

Thanks

Keep an eye out for the 30th anniversary Gundam anime later this year - it's set back in the good ole' UC timeline and using the RX-78 again, undoubtedly with a brand spanking new facelift and paintjob to commemorate the occasion!
    I will be sure to watch out for that one, defo

Thanks

I finished watching that a few weeks ago !

Whilst it's definitely.... interesting i think there were some things that could have been better... the "sudden" jump to the past was a little 0.o, although interesting nonetheless and the plotline was rather good.... Just wish they'd make another season of it or something :S.

I also finished Darker than Black last night and i definitely think it's a good series, rather original (imo) however like the above they need to make another season to capitalise on the ending which... well just ended as such =/.

Only a few more anime that i have to finish now including Tokyo Majin (both seasons), the rest of Vampire Knight Guilty as well as Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Kai, and Rei as well now lol).

I started watching Rosario+Vampire Capu2 but silly Ayako and m33w haven't finished subbing the season and i'm one of those people that likes sticking to the same subber if possible... hopefully they'll release the next episode soon however the one where Moka and co go to Tsukune's house was very lmao.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I also finished Darker than Black last night and i definitely think it's a good series, rather original (imo) however like the above they need to make another season to capitalise on the ending which... well just ended as such =/.
    I'd agree it was original, it definately had it's own feel which most animes don't (you usually can say such and such is a cross between this and that) - but there was always something just out of reach, and was thus always a bit lacklustre, it just never amazed. The ending was rather pitiful, and so much more could've been done.

Thanks

Amazon have Vexille for £7.17.

Clicky for anime flicky

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I love animes with fighting in them - depending on how it's done, of course - but its the sword-wielding ones that tug my goat because it's usually a clash of swords (clang clang clang) intertwined with guff dialogue not too dissimilar to "yo momma..." ... and if one of them doesn't die there and then, you know you're going to have to put up with another scene just like it later on!

Can probably say the same about any anime, or film for that matter, but I just think the sword wielding animes should just forget about the swords and just have 2 characters shouting at each other face to face, and be done with that!
    Bump for ACiD

I re-watched some eps of Claymore and there is a distinct lack of "yo mamma" dialogue. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as me when watching (and reading) the series. Oh and got round to ordering my missing claymore books, bookes 7 and 14. Can't wait for 15 to come out.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891626 ... LastLast

Thread Information