Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread :)

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    Bump for ACiD

I re-watched some eps of Claymore and there is a distinct lack of "yo mamma" dialogue. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as me when watching (and reading) the series. Oh and got round to ordering my missing claymore books, bookes 7 and 14. Can't wait for 15 to come out.
    Cheers Sleepy

Going to finish Gurren pretty soon, it's the first series I've watched in a while that I've really enjoyed, in part maybe because it's not your typical mech anime, and it's good fun. On the other hand, it's probably the worst anime for cliffhanger endings, it's almost sinful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ACiD303 View Post
    Cheers Sleepy

Going to finish Gurren pretty soon, it's the first series I've watched in a while that I've really enjoyed, in part maybe because it's not your typical mech anime, and it's good fun. On the other hand, it's probably the worst anime for cliffhanger endings, it's almost sinful!
    Ahh I agree with you (of what I have seen of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, eps 1-18 or so) that it's a funny not-your-typical mecha anime. The sound track is pretty cool too.

Cliffhangar endings...try Code Geass and Code Geass R2 BTW don't expect any funny stuff to happen in Claymore.

I'm trying to find some more anime titles with sassy female leads though I keep going round and round in circles back to quite cold hearted killers. I would recommend Toaru Majustu no Index if the leading female was Kanzaki (I think her name is)..instead it's the ever lame and child-like Index.

You can always give "Witch Blade" a go...I dropped it but a friend loved it (he also loved Ikkitousen and Tenjou Tenge)...so who knows...you may like it too.

vdbswong:You're not missing alot by waiting for more episodes of Rosario+Vampire Capu2...both seasons are train wrecks if you ever look at the manga; it's totally missing the dark side of the manga that makes it that bit more interesting than your standard harem/pantsu/fanservice anime. That and how they mashed the story arcs up.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Cliffhangar endings...try Code Geass and Code Geass R2 BTW don't expect any funny stuff to happen in Claymore.
    Code Geass, though fantastic to watch, its just typical sunrise - thankfully their characters actually had more than just major stylisation in Code Geass - they always have ridiculous cliffhangers which makes you wanna wring the scriptwriters neck. Still, they have to be good stories before they can be good cliffhangers, so Code Geass ranks in amongst the top as well!

Yeah, looking at snapshots of Claymore it doesn't look like the silver haired minx is gonna make me laugh . . . but don't mind if she is the cold hearted killer, either!

I think I've dumped Casshern....can't remember which episode I seen last (13 maybe) but it was going absolutely nowhere . . . someone can tell me I'm wrong, but usually when I feel like something's dragging, it picks up.....Casshern was just an effort to watch enthusiastically.

Thanks

I jut got Vexille It only has 5.1 DTS audio track so hopefully I can get my PC to mix it down to 2.1. Annoyed that work opened up yet ANOTHER of my personal posts (the previous was a birthday card sent from a friend working in Bahrain at the time).

I haven't even looked at Casshern to even give an opinion on it. I probably read the blurb and thought it wasn't worth my time.

Back to Claymore, I should add that Clare, the protagonist, is more of a reckless (and pathetically weak) killer than cold hearted. I want to go on but will spoil the show if I did...

EDIT: 2 people from work already wants to borrow the DVD from me.
    Last edited by sleepyhead; 09-03-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

I probably read the blurb and thought it wasn't worth my time.
    *shocked*

Thanks

*shocked*
    I didn't even read the blurb (just read it); I assume I just took one look at a screenshot and thought, "Nah, not for me". I'll give Casshern Sins a whirl if it's any good.

Vexille
    Watched it last night and here is my views on it.

Nice visuals. Nice soundtrack. A nice conceptual story. Seems to tick all the right boxes but just doesn't quite gel together as a movie should. It suffers badly from trying to wedge in so much in so little time that I couldn't empathise with any character or their interpersonal relationships. The movie is a good 1 hour 49 minutes long but it could have done with an extra 30 or so minutes or splitting into two films just to give the viewer (me) something tangible to grasp so when character "X" gets killed off, I actually feel something rather than feeling "Oh doesn't matter about character X, he/she is just a 'redshirt'*."

It's a nice anime to watch and it never felt like the movie is almost 2 hours long, it never stuttered along or had moments where the plot/film lagged and dragged; it moved at a nice pace and that's the crux of it. It's a nice anime, nothing more. No amazing plot twist or stunning end sequence (watch the Patlabor films for some high action end sequences without the Hollywood explosions all over the place) or complex friendships/relationships.

Vexille is watchable, enjoyable but fails to satisfy my tastes.

*redshirt refers to Star Trek where the away team consists of Kirk, Spock, Bones and some random dude (ie Ensign Ricky) in a redshirt who always dies.

Thanks

Looks like the new season of Hayate no Gotoku has started ? (Episode 0) is out

8. Received thanks from:

sleepyhead (12-03-2009)

Thanks

Time to see what Hayate no Gotoku ep 00 is all about more than likely it'll be a side story ep or an OVA...?

Seems to be a lull in the new animes; the only interesting show at this very moment is Skip Beat! oh and Maria+Holic.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Anyone got the previews of the next anime season? This season is ending soon =( My beloved Gundam 00 and Clannad is gonna be over forever T_T

FMA season 2 is coming out next season though. I wonder what it'll be like. Continuation or remake? I'd like a continuation but I wouldn't mind watching a remake as I loved the original series too. If it is a remake I just hope it's a good remake.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

OK Gurren Lagann's finished - overall really good, it's got a nice fusion of animation styles and has got a (somewhat bizarre) plot. There's a lot of really annoying characters, by which I mean they're a bit in your face a little too much, which would make you think it would be an otherwise dysfunctional unit, but it works. Really well. Probably a 4 or 4.5 out of 5

Watched the first two episodes of Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel over the weekend - not really developed an affinity for any characters yet, but it's early doors yet. It looks good, but hasn't really engaged me plotwise, so far...

Thanks

Watched the first two episodes of Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel over the weekend - not really developed an affinity for any characters yet, but it's early doors yet. It looks good, but hasn't really engaged me plotwise, so far...
    It's women with gunz (and a giant mecha). Nothing more...so don't try and dig too deep FYI, I dropped Bakuretsu Tenshi Angel after...3 or 4 eps.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Maybe I'll just go straight to Claymore...

Thanks

Bakuretsu Tenshi might get better - I never gave it a chance really as I was coming off the back of a VERY disappointing Madlax; that anime bored me so bad yet I wanted it to be so good.

I hope you enjoy Claymore there is a nice story line to it. Nothing complex (unless you read the manga where the story evolves) more of a "What is she going to do next?" feeling at the end of each ep. Ep 4 or so does a quick "WTH?" moment until you work out what that story arc is about.

Spanked Member
    Thanks

Bakuretsu Tenshi might get better - I never gave it a chance really as I was coming off the back of a VERY disappointing Madlax; that anime bored me so bad yet I wanted it to be so good.
    The difference between Madlax and Noir is that I actually sat through Madlax....and it hacked me off as well! I don't even remember watching it until you mentioned it. Demure characters in a lacklustre/non-developing story = crap.

I'll carry on with Burst Angel for just now

Thanks

The difference between Madlax and Noir is that I actually sat through Madlax....and it hacked me off as well! I don't even remember watching it until you mentioned it. Demure characters in a lacklustre/non-developing story = crap.

I'll carry on with Burst Angel for just now
    You ever watch BPS (Battle Programmer Shirase...i think it's called)? That is terrible

I'd love to hear your views on Claymore when you watch it or anyone else who has seen it or reading the manga. Ah and if Bakuretsu Tenshi gets better, I'd like to know I never gave it a full review.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

0iD:
    Have you watched Rosario+Vampire yet?
    Yes, finally. Erm... it's almost so bad it's good.

Almost
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101727 ... LastLast

Thread Information