Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread 2 :)

Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread 2 :)

I'll say this for SAO II as it continues, it's got some incredible imagery. Death Gun's hooded skeleton type visage was slightly creepy but maybe generic, until they combined it with the skeleton-looking horse last episode to end up with Death hunting the two heroes down. Well-conceived and put together even if not entirely original. The ability of the map to change the scenario allows them to create different settings too, which is enjoyable, although not as varied as Accel World.

I have to say that despite the usual over-emo/angsty approach to some of this I'm enjoying the story and the writing. There's a lot of scope here. Looking forward to the rest.
    Last edited by Galant; 11-09-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    I read somewhere that the blue-haired girl was put in a trance by the Commander's brother and she then shot the commander?
    [SPOILER]Kaname Chidori, the main female character, was captured by Leonard (Tessa's brother) and the group he works for Amalgam. This was during a worldwide attack on Mithril that wipes the organisation out and forces everyone on the run. A few months after being captured, Leonard hands Kaname his gun as says if she can kill him, she is free to go. She fails to do it, but does actually shoot him by accident[/SPOILER]

3. Received thanks from:

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makzilla View Post
    Anyone watching Kill la kill. I freaken love this anime. Ryuko is astounding in this one. And I like how they incorporate a school setting and aren't actually studying real school work. Its like an academy where you can earn a uniform, which is based upon stars. The highest amount of stars you can get is 3, which is intense, because once you have one of these uniforms (Goku Uniform) you gain incredible power such as super speed, super strength, intelligence, and so on. You all should check it out. Especially if you like Bleach.
    Bro I know exactly how you feel
    She also reminded me slightly of Rukia. Also, the teacher Aikurō Mikisugi is Urahara's voice actor from Bleach (one of my favourite seiyuus)!

OilSheikh

I am getting tired of seeing so many identical anime. In fact, I can tell you guys how to write the script of an anime.

The anime will be set in a high school cos school kids can do anything and everything in Japan!
    There will be a guy in a class who looks average but he acts manly. There will be a cute girl in his class and he will have a crush on her. At the beginning of the new term, a transfer student will come and the guy will also have a crush on her. Someone else in his class will meanwhile have a crush on him. One of the girls will be blonde with Rapunzel-like hair while one of the other girls will have a Tsundere attitude. The guy will also have a male best friend who will always be there like his wingman.
    The anime will have episodes where
    -all of them will go to the beach during summer. All the girls will wear bikinis and one of the girls will be jealous of another's massive boobs and will fondle them.
    -they go to a hot spring bath.
    -there school has a cultural festival and the class president comes up with the idea of having a maid cafe and all the three girls will be dressed as maids.

The anime will end abruptly with no ending or no indication of who the guy will choose.

6. Received thanks from:

Ulti (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    • Chadders87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Sata3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7870 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 450w (140mm)
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Prodigy
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 21.5'
      • Internet:
      • Sky Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    I am getting tired of seeing so many identical anime. In fact, I can tell you guys how to write the script of an anime.

The anime will be set in a high school cos school kids can do anything and everything in Japan!
    There will be a guy in a class who looks average but he acts manly. There will be a cute girl in his class and he will have a crush on her. At the beginning of the new term, a transfer student will come and the guy will also have a crush on her. Someone else in his class will meanwhile have a crush on him. One of the girls will be blonde with Rapunzel-like hair while one of the other girls will have a Tsundere attitude. The guy will also have a male best friend who will always be there like his wingman.
    The anime will have episodes where
    -all of them will go to the beach during summer. All the girls will wear bikinis and one of the girls will be jealous of another's massive boobs and will fondle them.
    -they go to a hot spring bath.
    -there school has a cultural festival and the class president comes up with the idea of having a maid cafe and all the three girls will be dressed as maids.

The anime will end abruptly with no ending or no indication of who the guy will choose.
    Aww man that sounds awesome!

OilSheikh

Amagi Brilliant park

Bonta kun .. fumoffuuuu!

OilSheikh

Another new anime of this season that I am liking. It'a a romantic one btw

Ookami shoujo to kuro ouji

Thanks

Anyone watching Log Horizon Season 2? And anyone still staying with SAO 2nd Season after the GGO arc?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Anyone watching Log Horizon Season 2? And anyone still staying with SAO 2nd Season after the GGO arc?
    Me and a couple friends are watching Log Horizon season one a weekend at a time, 6 episodes in and we are enjoying it. We intend to continue into the second season with the same plan.

I'm up to date with SAO on crunchyroll. I'd normally drop something like this and wait till the arc is over and then bulk watch it but the animation and combat scenes are just great IMO, so I watch it weekly.

BTW, how does everyone acquire there anime? Crunchyroll (or other streaming subscription websites)? "Streaming" websites? DVD purchases? Or does anyone acquire it via a rushing flow of water (you know what I mean)?

OilSheikh

I am loving SAO. Gun gale online arc ended and now a new arc has begun. I am just delighted that there is more SAO.

Jowsey, check your PM. I get my anime from a separate site where they upload subbed anime from groups like Horriblesubs, etc.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • someru's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
      • Case:
      • Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate

Just started Fate/Zero at the recommendation of a friend. The fights are really good however it REALLY annoys me when they stop every 2 seconds to talk to each other. It's almost as bad as anime in which they shout out the name of their attack.

OilSheikh

Boys and gals!

Guess which anime is back and has already been airing ?

Thanks
    • Professor Frink's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 60GB SSD OCZ Technology Vertex 2E
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 620W Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

Just finished watching
    Kuro****suji - Book of Circus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vLT5UbMWY (demons, fighting/action, fantasy. soul reapers, shounen)
    Noragami - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-_xBVWY1Q (gods, phantoms, fighting/action, shounen)
    Both were very enjoyable (Noragami edged it out of the two for being better)

Ongoing series of note are
    Terra Formars
    SAO 2
    Parasyte - the maxim (reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul - which was also amazing)
    Log Horizon 2
    Akame ga Kill!

Still too many of my list to watch......

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Frink View Post
    Just finished watching
    Kuro****suji - Book of Circus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vLT5UbMWY (demons, fighting/action, fantasy. soul reapers, shounen)
    Noragami - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-_xBVWY1Q (gods, phantoms, fighting/action, shounen)
    Both were very enjoyable (Noragami edged it out of the two for being better)

Ongoing series of note are
    Terra Formars
    SAO 2
    Parasyte - the maxim (reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul - which was also amazing)
    Log Horizon 2
    Akame ga Kill!

Still too many of my list to watch......
    Akame ga Kill is fantastic. It also follows the manga very accurately which is a good thing! It's catching up VERY quickly though.

Noragami looks interesting, I'll put it my to-watch list. Also, lol at what the swear filter picked up.

Thanks

Been enjoying Hyouka. About 7 episodes in and I'd definitely label it 'Mystery'.

Also, aldnoah.zero was really enjoyable - except the ending! GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    It'll be back next year though so I'll be curious to see where it goes. It's basically under-powered/old-school mech (good guys) vs. super-powered mech (bad guys), thus much brain power and tactical genius required.

Thanks
    • Professor Frink's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 60GB SSD OCZ Technology Vertex 2E
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 620W Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jowsey View Post
    Akame ga Kill is fantastic. It also follows the manga very accurately which is a good thing! It's catching up VERY quickly though.

Noragami looks interesting, I'll put it my to-watch list. Also, lol at what the swear filter picked up.
    The Book of Circus has SH*T in the middle of it.

Thread Information