• SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Re: The Anime Thread 2 :)

Triple posting here but I think these posts deserve separation. If mods think otherwise, feel through to merge my posts.

Just finished Nisemonogatari. As I mentioned previously, story isn't as strong, but it's still very enjoyable nonetheless. Character development was good once again and almost all characters were included so that's great. I do like the world it's set in so I'll be waiting for the other series' to come out.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

This is pretty lonely, quadruple posting in the anime thread.

Almost finished Mirai Nikki, just finished episode 24.

I'm not sure what to say.. I've watched Chaos;Head, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and maybe some others that I've forgotten about and I was really scared of Higurashi back when I was younger, it really messed with my mind. Now that I'm older, I'm more resistant to these things but when you spend a whole day watching Mirai Nikki, it starts to mess with you. The anime is pretty f***ed up. I don't know how you could say Yuno Gasai is the best and wish to marry a woman like that; I've seen some darker sides in life - All I can say is be careful what you wish for dude.

Well I'm gonna leave the last 2 eps for tomorrow and see where it goes. After this I gotta start doing something useful in the summer, I've spent the first week gaming away and the second week watching anime 24/7 so far...

Kendoka - Kendo For Life! IronWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

How can not fall in love with Yunu-chan? She's totally awesome. How could any man not want a women who is totally in love with you?

After you finished it tomorrow, find the Manga online and go to the last few pages. You understand tomorrow.

Also, there is also the live version too if you want to watch that, it's pretty different to the Anime version.

4. Received thanks from:

Ulti (28-06-2012)

OilSheikh

Guys, going on holiday for 2 weeks. Will come back and update thread.

Thanks

Where youb folks getting your anime from?

The subbers i used to frequent are either dead or dying.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Quote Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
    How can not fall in love with Yunu-chan? She's totally awesome. How could any man not want a women who is totally in love with you?

After you finished it tomorrow, find the Manga online and go to the last few pages. You understand tomorrow.

Also, there is also the live version too if you want to watch that, it's pretty different to the Anime version.
    Hmm, I find the last part of the anime really badly done. As in, once the winner "wins". It's a bit too open ended IMO. Will read the manga soon too. I did enjoy all the plot twists in the anime though and although the pre-end result was pretty much predictable, the anime did keep you watching it most of the time. There are several animes which I started enjoying but then started losing interest in. I still wouldn't go for Gasai Yuno though Yuukii was an annoying kid at the beginning, but understandable. He manned up due to what he experienced and became slightly twisted whilst still maintaining a conscience. Loving the second ending of Mirai Nikki though, filament by Yousei Teikoku. Love the powerful, slow, darkish theme with the sort of painful/sadness feeling built into it. The first ending is pretty good too. I've found that on most animes I've liked the ending songs. I'm one of the very few who don't skip the OP and ED of anime episodes though it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post

Nowadays I just stream, I used to go with torrenting but haven't done so for a few years now.

EDIT: Ah I see, it was a HAPPY END! No wonder they say Tasogare Otome x Amnesia has a Mirai Nikki end. Hmm I've seen people mention the anime "Another" quite often when they talk about Mirai Nikki. Has anyone watched it?
    Last edited by Ulti; 28-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post

I download mine from the sub groups themselves but http://www.nyaa.eu is the main site that most people use, all the sub groups upload their releases there soon as it's ready for release, you can tell the good releases in green.

Few groups I recommend are Doki, UTW, Gotw00t/Gotspeed, FFFpeeps, Hiryuu, Kira-Fansub, WhyNot?, Commie, Underwater, m.3.3.w, Mazui, Subdesu, Subdesu-H, Hatsuyuki and finally Horriblesubs which are rips from CR/FA, there is also Hadena and Coalgirls.

You can track the airing times with this website: http://countdown.mandragon.info You should expect a episode to be subbed within 3 hours to 12, if there is only one group or two is doing it, then it could easy take much longer.

There is also the other steaming sites that you could use that will update themselves but that normally takes a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Hmm, I find the last part of the anime really badly done. As in, once the winner "wins". It's a bit too open ended IMO. Will read the manga soon too. I did enjoy all the plot twists in the anime though and although the pre-end result was pretty much predictable, the anime did keep you watching it most of the time. There are several animes which I started enjoying but then started losing interest in. I still wouldn't go for Gasai Yuno though Yuukii was an annoying kid at the beginning, but understandable. He manned up due to what he experienced and became slightly twisted whilst still maintaining a conscience. Loving the second ending of Mirai Nikki though, filament by Yousei Teikoku. Love the powerful, slow, darkish theme with the sort of painful/sadness feeling built into it. The first ending is pretty good too. I've found that on most animes I've liked the ending songs. I'm one of the very few who don't skip the OP and ED of anime episodes though it seems.

Nowadays I just stream, I used to go with torrenting but haven't done so for a few years now.

EDIT: Ah I see, it was a HAPPY END! No wonder they say Tasogare Otome x Amnesia has a Mirai Nikki end. Hmm I've seen people mention the anime "Another" quite often when they talk about Mirai Nikki. Has anyone watched it?
    Yes, the Anime was a little open ended, but last few pages in the Manga clears that up.

Yep, I found Yuukii pretty annoying as well, but I was really pleased when he manned up in the series, all the plot twists was pretty sweet, in the end, I believe the Anime was just a love story and nothing else, everything else, the "game" to choose a new God was just a background story and the real story was the love between Yuno-chan and Yuukii.

The OP and ED was really sweet, one of my all time favourite songs.

Ahh! The last episode of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia gave me man tears, but the ending was sweet, leaves room for a other season!

I do recommend you watch Another, I watched the Commie version. The first two-three episodes was slow at first, but after that, the plot started and carried on all the way through in every episode! I can't wait for the BD's to be released so I can watch it without the Jesus white light blocking all the good stuff.

9. Received thanks from:

Ulti (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Hmm, I've found that I usually like 12 episode anime as I can finish them in a day. But damn, I've spent almost a whole week just watching anime! Hope I don't get "How did you spend the summer to improve yourself?" on a grad recruitment application form! Tempted to watch Another although I'm not really into the setting or the character designs. (I'm more into anime set in modern times)

I'm gonna go watch a couple episodes of Guilty Crown and see if I like it. Wow, I've listened to "filament" a lot today, already 82 play counts in 1 day!

Thanks

Hmm, I've found that I usually like 12 episode anime as I can finish them in a day. But damn, I've spent almost a whole week just watching anime! Hope I don't get "How did you spend the summer to improve yourself?" on a grad recruitment application form! Tempted to watch Another although I'm not really into the setting or the character designs. (I'm more into anime set in modern times)

I'm gonna go watch a couple episodes of Guilty Crown and see if I like it. Wow, I've listened to "filament" a lot today, already 82 play counts in 1 day!
    Another is only set in 1982, it's not that old, honestly it's worth it.

Guilty Crown for me, had a lot of promise but I personally felt that some of the parts in the middle of the series could had been better while the ending was totally trololol, but hey I still enjoyed it, liked it so much that I ordered Inori Yuzuriha Complete Figure.

I just finished rewatching To Love Ru and Motto To Love Ru for the second time around, love that series. I hope To Love Ru gets a third season. I'm looking forward to Darkness, but it won't be the same. xD

12. Received thanks from:

Ulti (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Another is only set in 1982, it's not that old, honestly it's worth it.

Guilty Crown for me, had a lot of promise but I personally felt that some of the parts in the middle of the series could had been better while the ending was totally trololol, but hey I still enjoyed it, liked it so much that I ordered Inori Yuzuriha Complete Figure.

I just finished rewatching To Love Ru and Motto To Love Ru for the second time around, love that series. I hope To Love Ru gets a third season. I'm looking forward to Darkness, but it won't be the same. xD
    Guess I'll be giving it a try later on then.

I'm not too into GC as it's shounen but I want to see how Shu evolves. He's turned quickly from Yuki to a confident guy but then he's gone back to school. Not sure if I want to watch 22 (I think?) episodes of "standard" shounen stuff. I guess you like your pink haired girls I'm guessing you liked Elfen Lied? But Lucy (I think her name was Lucy) was a lot different though.

I'm not really into pure ecchi/comedy series so I can't comment on To Love Ru. Did watch a few harem type animes a few years back (Zero no Tsukaima, Sekireis and some other stuff that I can't remember)

Hmm girlfriend suggested going to Japan for a week and a bit.. Really tempted but I've almost got no money in my bank (<£500), got a partially faulty monitor and motherboard that needs RMAing and tons of stuff that I need to sell (I reckon £2500 worth of stuff). I don't think it's worth going in August/September due to the typhoon season. Late July would be when we have the chance to go. Hmm.. Can I sort out everything by then? I'd love to go to Japan with my girlfriend though but we're both Chinese and we don't speak any Japanese so it's also going to be complicated... I've forgotten a lot of Japanese phrases too as I dropped anime for almost 2 years since entering uni... Another "hmmm..."

EDIT: Man, "dat sword"! Loving the sword Shu pulls out from Inori. Love stuff like that as it reminds me of omnislash from FF7, Army of one from FFXIII etc. Love massive unreal sword combo attacks!
    Last edited by Ulti; 29-06-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks

Ah~ I guess there are a lot of pink haired girls out there.

Elfen Lied is great, it's a shame it was only 12/13 episodes, be so nice if it had a second season. Lucy and Nana was cute. Really love to get a hold a of some PVC scale figures of them, but second hand they cost a £500/1000 each.

Zero no Tsukaima and Sekiries are top Animes as well, love them both. Sekirei still needs a third season!

Yeah if you going to Japan, I think you going to be needing some spending money, is your girlfriend planning on going alone if you don't come? It be a shame, because it would be a awesome time.

I hope to visit Japan one day, love to practice Kendo there and visit Tokyo, hopefully time it right to see an Animelo Summer Live concert.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Ah~ I guess there are a lot of pink haired girls out there.

Elfen Lied is great, it's a shame it was only 12/13 episodes, be so nice if it had a second season. Lucy and Nana was cute. Really love to get a hold a of some PVC scale figures of them, but second hand they cost a £500/1000 each.

Zero no Tsukaima and Sekiries are top Animes as well, love them both. Sekirei still needs a third season!

Yeah if you going to Japan, I think you going to be needing some spending money, is your girlfriend planning on going alone if you don't come? It be a shame, because it would be a awesome time.

I hope to visit Japan one day, love to practice Kendo there and visit Tokyo, hopefully time it right to see an Animelo Summer Live concert.
    Just finished Guilty Crown and apart from the ending, I liked it quite a bit. Seems to be quite a lot of people unhappy with the show and unhappy with how Inori almost never interacted but I liked the characters, both Shu and Inori, Funeral Parlour etc. That's probably what made me like the show. The ending couldn't have been more rushed. Hell, I think anime deserved 37 episodes or at least 30. It had quite a lot of story to tell but told it too fast IMO.

Omg.. £500/1000... That £1000 is more than the 3 Sandybridge based PCs that I built for my whole family!

I was first into Sekirei from reading the manga but then stopped and when I watched the first season, I didn't really find it that interesting anymore and just lost interest in it so I stopped watching it. Never really liked Zero no Tsukaima apart from the voice actress (loved Shana though! urusai! urusai! urusai!).

Nah she wouldn't. I reckon apart from the living expenses and the actual plane ticket though, it shouldn't be too expensive. Only problem is £ to Yen is so low right now, I was reading sleepyhead's thread and they were mentioning how they were gutted it dropped from 150 to 140 but it's at around 120 now! It would definitely be a good experience for both of us, as we both watch anime and she's a sucker for cute things. Only thing I worry about is how I would be able to plan a good holiday, and once we do arrive in Japan, how we would get through. I heard that Japan treats foreigners really nicely and that most can speak reasonable English, but as we're Chinese, it'll be a bit awkward going up to some locals and talking to them in English. Maybe I'm just being paranoid!

Registered+
    Thanks

Don't know if it's recommended from the previous thread but, personally I think Case Closed is a very VERY good crime/drama/a bit romance anime.

17. Received thanks from:

Registered+
    Thanks

I couldn't agree more on the part about Guilty Crown.
    I mean, a lot of people out there are saying Guilty Crown is a bad rip-off to Code Geass but heck they are different animes. There are some similarities in that both are set in a futuristic world but bottom line the storyboards are quite different. I like both, although I would say I prefer CG. However, GC is not bad either and some of characters' reactions are quite realistic.

OilSheikh

--------UPDATE COMPLETE!----------

Just as I guessed, the last episode of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is such a bittersweet ending. It's very, very touching. .
    I was heartbroken when Yuko disappeared and they should have left it that way .. but no at the end, she is back and once again we have a happy ending!

And since Ulti and IronWarrior recommends it so much, I'll guess I'll start watching Mirai Nikki.

Guilty Crown was kind of like Code Geass. The 1st opening song was amazing!

Have started watching this new anime recently :

Sword Art Online

Last edited by OilSheikh; 24-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

I really like Sword Online, but the third episode was pretty depression.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread Information