Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread 2 :)

OilSheikh

Re: The Anime Thread 2 :)

Thanks everyone. List updated.
    Azazl187, Wicked city is a movie. We are only looking at series.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Just wanted to update with some comments on the series that I finished from last season: (trying to not spoil the story so it will be very vague)

Psycho-Pass: The story started off really well and it always kept me wanting more but the ending just didn't seem to leave much impact. OTOH, it was most likely the best way to wrap up the story. I've gotta say this is a recommended series from me as the story, characters and the world it's set in are just all very good.

Shinsekai Yori: Definitely my favourite of the season. This was the anime that I was waiting to watch every week, the story was just amazing, and truthfully speaking, although the anime wasn't done that well, I'm sure the novel it was based on would have been a 10/10 in my books. I say the anime wasn't done that well because there were moments where I was struggling to understand what was going on due to the way the anime was presented, it wasn't free-flowing as I would have preferred it to be, but it could just be me. I loved how everything gradually came together in the end and the truth that was revealed. There certainly were a lot of plot twists and it was one hell of an adventure, literally. I've got to say, character development here was exceptional in my eyes and it was close to perfect as the story was very interesting and full of suspense along with likeable characters.

Robotics;Notes: R;N started off slow and I found the characters rather boring at the beginning but I gradually grew to like them to an extent. The plot was really interesting before the final plot twist but after that, I began to lose a bit of interest; I usually love plot twists but this one just threw me off too much. The ending had no impact whatsoever and made me cringe a little as the action scene was rather poor. It was a happy ending but the happiness wasn't translated onto me at all and I pretty much forgot about the anime after finishing it. I rewatched Chaos;Head after this and IMO, S;G>C;H>R;N but I'm not too big a fan of either of the 3. S;G and C;H are pretty close for me though and I heard people say the C;H anime doesn't do the VN justice so it could be that C;H>S;G.

Bakuman 3: Ah, sadly Bakuman has come to an end. I became really absorbed in the hard work of the pair and their subsequent success. Each time I saw them succeed, I just had that warm feeling inside of me from watching them. I loved how far they went in the anime and the rivals and friends they met on their way. Certainly another one of my favourites and very enjoyable to watch. The happy ending only adds to how much I loved this anime.

Little Busters: Unfortunately, I just couldn't get immersed in the "Key experience" this time round. The characters were all quite likeable, but the story just seemed boring to me and from start to finish, I was rather bored, I only watched on in hope of it getting better but, unfortunately, it did not.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: Surprisingly enough, I didn't think I would like this series that much. After Kimi ni Todoke, I got somewhat sick of romcoms but I thought I'd give it a try and I quite liked the characters here. The story was quite realistic and it did show how cruel and unfair life could be, making you relate back to the anime yourself which was what probably got me enjoying it the most. The comedy wasn't too special but it did make me laugh every episode so I can't deny that I liked this anime. Overall it was an upbeat yet lighthearted school life romcom with a lovely set of characters.

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?: I watched this with little expectations as I knew that it wouldn't have much of a plot and with it being only 10 episodes long, it was going to be hard for it to leave much of an impression. This is the type of series you'd watch if you want some of the typical shounen action type stuff and it gets right in with the main character being super overpowered throughout the whole anime. On top of that, he's a smart one too, something you rarely see in the other anime, making him even more overpowered. I generally don't watch shounen type anime due to the way the main characters are initially weak, stupid and indecisive but this basically skips past those and presents you an overpowered, strong and smart main character to dish damage on everyone that goes against him. If the season was any longer I'd most likely get bored though as the storyline isn't a strong one and I was really only here for the action.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: As I mentioned previously, this has a very Spice and Wolf feel to it and upon further research, this was due to Maoyuu being written by S&W fans on the 2ch board. They used the same voice actors for the lead roles too. I never did manage to finish S&W, mainly because I wasn't interested in watching the witty exchanges between the two back then but as I've read, Maoyuu seems to be the dumbed down, mainstream version of S&W, which is probably why it was a rather enjoyable watch for me. The story was a relatively simple one in which it was a world of humans vs demons but you couldn't say either of the sides were bad - or good for that matter. The politics and economics along with the corruption involved kept the story interesting to an extent but there were times where I considered to drop this as it wasn't my cup of tea but I still came back to it after every episode.

Vividred Operation: Just your standard magical/battle girl anime, not much impact left on me but again, this was one of the series that I wasn't expecting much from. I rarely watched these types of anime so it was somewhat enjoyable, I did like the docking system but the action scenes were rather standard and repetitive. Still, I got through the episodes quickly without wondering how long has passed and I never really thought about dropping it, just ended up watching it last most of the time as there was nothing special or different about it.

Ended up dropping Amnesia after episode 4 as I got rather bored with how the plot structure involves repeating the day with a different guy.

Not much interest in the anime of this season but I still managed to pick up a few and here are my initial impressions from episode 1/2:
    Yuyushiki: From the first episode, it reminds me of Nichijou, a very funny, slice of life anime - hopefully it keeps me laughing through the season.
    Red Data Girl: I'm not sure why this is so hyped but I've watched several episodes now and whilst the plot seems standard, I'm still interested in what will happen. The female lead can be annoying most of the time due to how timid and weak she is but it's not unexpected really, unfortunately I'm failing to connect with her though so she's rather distracting. I'm hoping for the characters to develop otherwise I don't think I can enjoy the series. I also hope that the story is interesting enough to make me regret on finding the female lead annoying.
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru: I've gotta admit that I only watched the first episode as Nagi Yanagi sang the OP for this anime. Seems like a standard slice of life anime to me but it's meant to be a romcom so it'll be interesting to see how things change. Has a slight Bakemonogatari feel to it due to the two main leads being somewhat similar.
    Aku no Hana: I was expecting a lot after reading the manga as I do like "messed up" storylines but the anime seems to be lacking. A lot of people are hating the art style due to it being done through rotoscoping and I do feel it's rather choppy but I'm mostly fine with it. My main issues with the anime is that the first episode seemed rather slow and the characters all seem a bit too old when compared with the manga. Whilst you can tell that the plot will be a dark one, I feel the anime is somewhat too lighthearted and not as powerful and full of suspense as the manga. Hopefully the second episode can change my opinion of it. One thing to note is the ED song though, it's rather disturbing.
    Shingeki no Kyojin: The first episode was quite different from what I expected, the main character is the most hot-blooded and idealistic character that I've seen, which doesn't suit him as he appears to be a rather young child. I'm a fan of anime set in a dystopia though so unless it's really bad I'll most likely still like it in the end.
    Suisei no Gargantia: Couldn't say no to an anime written by Urobuchi Gen, not too much of a fan of mecha anime but I do love the AI and the interaction between the main character and his AI companion so far and I'm looking forward to see how the plot unfolds.

I also read all 200 chapters of Great Teacher Onizuka and I've gotta say, I didn't expect to love it but I did. It had me laughing so much and although the plot was a relatively simple one, it was nice to see how Onizuka would solve the problems even though using his brain was not one of his strengths at all. Gotta love the support from his students too and the way they teamed up together.
    Last edited by Ulti; 11-04-2013 at 02:43 AM.

3. Received thanks from:

OilSheikh

Whoops! Been a month! Have updated wth Ulti's animes

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Attack on Titan (currently airing, episode 8) is by far the best anime I've seen this season, well actually prob the best from the last couple of years.

Gritty, dark, and a grim reminder that everyone is very VERY mortal.

OilSheikh

I am watching
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
    at the moment and loving it.

Thanks
    • Professor Frink's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 60GB SSD OCZ Technology Vertex 2E
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 620W Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

I would highly recommend Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Manga Entertainment has released the original Dirty Pair series on their youtube channel
    A great series from 1985 I love the artwork on the original, they don't have stupidly big breasts and are actually humanly proportioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZSKJBR9LJc
    That's the first episode, you have to hunt for each one as they've not done a playlist for all of them
    just dirty pair not Flash or the OVA

Thanks

great work man..

10. Received thanks from:

Thanks
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

I'm quite enjoying Mushibugyo atm. Giant bugs and samurai killing them. Also has a great intro sound track (Japanese punk).

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):

Started watching Ranma 1/2 again, still love this one, read quite a bit of manga in my time, but at 161 episodes I've never made it all the way through the TV show, or got all the manga.

13. Received thanks from:

Thanks
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

I'm still amazed how strong Mad House's adaptation of Hunter x Hunter is after 86 episodes. The Chimera Ant arc is new ground for the anime. It was covered in the manga but the quality (artwork not story) towards the end was a bit weak. It has enough material to get over the 100 mark.

http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/06/s...n-preview.html - I quite like this blogger (blogs Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan and few others and always hits the nail on the head with the recap of each episode) and the link I have provided has most of the new animes starting soon.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):

Well I managed to get to episode 40 of ranma 1/2, it just sort of stagnates, it's very much classic farce, everyone taking things out of context and jumping to conclusions with very similar situations keep repeating themselves and it all just starts to drag on a bit.

So I've given it a break and finally got around to watching Blade of the immortal (one I've not read any of the manga of ether), really good, a bit dark and gritty a lot of questioning of the nature of revenge and then it ends . . . arrgh!
    Still a good watch.

Then I found something called "Battle Girls: Time Paradox" . . . wtf did I just watch? story, a young Japanese school girl (ok girls ages and bodies are often hard to say in anime) somewhere around 12-14 my guess is transported into medieval japan with a fantasy twist, eg there's no men just women, babies are actually delivered by the stalk or found in cabbage patches and all the outfits are of the fanservice verity.
    She's found and befriended by a powerful, and giant breasted, lord (who historically was both male and united the country by bloody conquest) and taking her advice the lord starts to do thing in a less warlike way but still with lots of warlike spirit and attitude.
    Then there's the talking dog . . .
    I've given it a few episodes just to see, but I'm finding it just a bit too odd and fanservice like.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):

Ok I think I've just found something stranger than Battle girls . . . Girls und Panzer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer
    And it is what it sounds like, high school girls mixed with tanks, to make it that little bit odder the fan sub seems to be liberally scattered with german words.

Registered+
    Thanks

I like anime series like Samaurai Champloo, Full Metal panic and Berserk. I'm currently reading the berserk manga and am enjoying it more than i did the anime.
    I have watch some anime series that i found funny, interesting but yet weird at the same time.
    Last edited by AEGIS; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: update

Thanks
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

http://randomc.net/2013/06/20/summer-2013-preview/

Haven't really watched much anime recently but I always like to check season previews to see if anything tickles my fancy.

Last recent anime I watch was Fate Zero which was back in Fall 2011

This season has BAKEMONOGATARI sequel

http://randomc.net/2013/06/20/summer...ew/#monogatari

WIN!!! So hyped

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):

Well I've just finished Girls und Panzer, it's only 12 episodes which I find fine, too many series just drag on.
    The whole concept that all schools (with an associated town) are now on top of aircraft carriers (there are towns on land but they don't have schools) and that tank combat is now a sport only for girls, to be a rather far fetched concept, but just go with it.

The story is a bit predictable and they way it just skips over the 2nd match in the championship is a bit weak, but all told a fun show, without any real fan service, which I can find a bit off putting in some shows.
    I'd recommend it as something different, not quite a high school drama with a twist as it's not got the normal high school worries, quite fun without being overly silly.

I do think there's a big clue in there as to how it all came about, one of the teams that join toward the end do so because they all play World of Tanks and yes I do get the feeling that WoT was a big inspiration for this.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread Information