Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime Thread 2 :)

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: The Anime Thread 2 :)

Personally I'd recommend a lot of the Kyoto Animation shows. They seem to consistently release great anime.
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the Movie The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya , both seasons are great even though the second season had that blunder with the "Endless Eight" debacle it was great nonetheless, and that movie, Oh.My.God. That movie. It was perfection, or something very close to it. I'd recommend anybody planning to watch the series, to do so in the English Dub as the dub was amazingly well done, and an especially great performance by Crispin Freeman who was the voice of the protagonist, Kyon.
    Hyouka as well. Great mystery anime with some very interesting characters and also a hint of romance thrown in there. The animation quality is also really good. Sadly there's only the one season, so far anyways.
    K-ON! was also very entertaining in my opinion. I know that it's definitely not for everybody with all the moe stuff and what not but I found it really enjoyable, the English dub is very good too.
    I also just recently finished Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Sh*tai! and I absolutely loved it (Excuse the unfortunate censor). Very interesting and funny story, loveable characters, and some very cute romance between the two main characters that could make anybodies heart melt.
    There's more anime I'd name that's not just from KyoAni but I think this post is long enough already, maybe I'll post some other ones later.

Thanks
    • Professor Frink's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 60GB SSD OCZ Technology Vertex 2E
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 620W Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

http://anichart.net/fall

On my radar are Tokyo Ravens, Magi (series 2), Log Horizon, Kyoukai no Kanata and Kill la Kill. I will update a couple of episodes in.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Frink View Post
    http://anichart.net/fall

On my radar are Tokyo Ravens, Magi (series 2), Log Horizon, Kyoukai no Kanata and Kill la Kill. I will update a couple of episodes in.
    Kyoukai no Kanata is another KyoAni show that I can absolutely recommend. It's currently only 3 episodes in but it's already very promising, and the animation is extremely gorgeous, even more so than their earlier shows.
    Haven't seen Kill la Kill yet but I hear really good things, I'll defo start watching it soon.

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Enjoying a few from this season:

Kyoukai no Kanata
    Strike the Blood
    Golden Time
    Unbreakable Machine-Doll

OilSheikh

Guys, will update the thread very soon.
    Keep forgetting to update everyday! Grrrr

Registered+
    Thanks
    • najiro's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V
      • CPU:
      • i5-2500k @ 4.0 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 2x4Gb CL9
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Toshiba Regza 24"

Hey! I didn't know Hexus have this thread May I join you guys? I'll be bookmarking this then
    I just finished watching a few movies namely:
    1- Another (live action movie)
    2- Hentai Kamen (live action movie)
    3- Garden of Words / Kotonoha no Niwa

Hentai Kamen was hilarious! Only Japan can do films like this LOL. Also finished Watamote and Towa no Quon. Aside from watching Shingeki no Kyojin, I'm looking for another anime series to watch. Something funny.. can anybody make a suggestion?
    WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Newbie Graphics Designer - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

I also watched Garden of Words recently and really enjoyed it. Short but very sweet story and also looks lovely.

Dareka no Manazashi is another lovely short (6:45min)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • najiro's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V
      • CPU:
      • i5-2500k @ 4.0 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Toshiba Regza 24"

Yeah.. Garden of Words was kinda short.. it got me teary though.. too bad the drama wasn't long enough to really make a teardrop fall >_<
    I'd be watching Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo when I get off of work. I think this is going to be a good one too based on what I heard..
    WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Newbie Graphics Designer - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

OilSheikh

List updated.
    Enjoying Golden time.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Time for another update!

I'm another one of those that watched Garden of Words. Very beautiful animation but unfortunately I couldn't really feel much from it on a personal level which is most likely to do with it being rather short.

Finished:

Shingeki no Kyojin: The action in the last few episodes was awesome! The cliffhangers always kept me wanting more too but the weekly wait was worth it. This anime has been very hyped and I can see why is has been. I did find the beginning slightly frustrating (understandably so as main chars always go through that "phase") and the middle of the first season slowed down some what but as I said, the last few episodes got the ball rolling. I've heard the manga is very good but I love watching the action animated so I'm going to be patient and wait for the next season.

Watamote: Being a comedy series, it can be somewhat hard to keep your audience laughing the whole time. Watamote did it well, but you do end up pitying her rather than laughing at her as she doesn't truly succeed once in the series.

Genshiken Nidaime: I enjoyed this very much as the new "fujoshi girls" along with the otaku culture simply made the anime refreshing and lighthearted. It was nice to see several characters progress forward too and the comedic moments were fun to watch.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo: I managed to watch this through to the end just for curiosity's sake but unfortunately the story from beginning to end was rather standard and lackluster, nothing about this anime stood out to me save for the dark theme. I was never really a fan of magical girl anime though but as I quite liked Madoka Magica, I thought I'd give this a try.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Still 2 episodes to go so I can't really give a conclusive opinion on this. Lost a bit of interest in the story as it seemed like it was a mesh of a few stories together. Will update/change this when I do finish the last 2 episodes.

Danganronpa: In the end, my opinion of the anime hasn't changed much. Again, I don't really feel the "revelation" factor or the "OHHH, DAMN! How did I not realise!? That was smart!" factor at all which I guess it due to how short the anime was relative to how many characters there were. You never really got to know many of the characters well so when they died it didn't interest me too much. The trials didn't get my interests up either unfortunately. One thing to note though is that I loved the ending theme for this series.

Ongoing:

Monogatari: For me, I've always liked the Monogatari series, but it was never the show that I'd watch first if several new episodes came out for each of the anime I watch. I'm loving the amount of screen time that Shinobu gets, but OTOH I do miss Senjougahara too. The storyline is in pieces atm so I can't wait for the last few episodes to see the big picture.

New:

This season looks brilliant compared to the last! Unfortunately getting back into final year uni along with 2 part time jobs mean anime is very low priority on my list

White Album 2: One thing that was lacking last season, a romcom! I remember watching the first season of White Album a while back and I don't remember it being very good but the new characters in this one are much more likable. Not to spoil but the scene when Ogiso reveals her "secrets" to Kitahara is very powerful and mesmerising. It certainly helps that I like Ogiso's version of the White Album song a lot too, enticing me more into the anime and the characters. I do like seeing a strong, hardworking and confident male lead too and this is what I feel from watching Kitahara. I have high hopes for White Album 2, hopefully the drama between the two females don't ruin my opinion!

Golden Time: Another romcom that I'm enjoying. To me, White Album 2 seems like more of a realistic portrayal whilst Golden Time has more of a comedy side to it. I do have to admit that I've enjoyed it so much that I ended up reading the manga till the latest chapter and it doesn't disappoint. It's nice to have a choice of romcoms to watch which are both different.

Kikou Shouko wa Kizutsukanai: Generally I tend to stay away from ecchi anime now but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm actually enjoying this more than the other 2 shounen/fantasy anime as I do love to see the main chars dominating their opponents, even more so when it requires their brain. Both Raishin and Yaya are enjoyable characters and the chemistry between the two as the "puppetmaster" and "machine doll" is nice to watch. It does remind me a little of Sekirei albeit on a more serious level with a stronger male lead.

Kyoukai no Kanata: A fantasy anime about a girl who controls her cursed blood to exterminate demons. Again, I like all the characters here so it's enjoyable to watch. One interesting thing about this is that all the characters seem to have an uncomfortable past that's stopping them from interacting with others as well as preventing them from moving towards the future so I'm interested in seeing how the characters develop.

Tokyo Ravens: Another fantasy anime where this time it's a girl that controls spiritual powers in order to protect the world from evil. Compared to Machine Doll and Kyoukai, I'd have to say that I prefer the characters in the other two. Depending on how the story unfolds I may end up dropping this due to time restraints and simply because I prefer the other two.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova: Thought I'd give this a try and found myself somewhat enjoying it. I've not seen an anime about otherworldly ships taking over the world through the seas whilst being controlled by "avatars" before so I would like to see how this plays out. The main character seems to be very smart, mature and confident so far so I am definitely interested in seeing how far he can go and how he'll overcome difficulties in fighting against the ships that have mankind has not even managed to put a dent on. I found the detail in both the strategies and in the weapon/ship art really well done too.

Coppelion: A dystopian anime set in the future where a group of genetically engineered girls wonder around nuclear contaminated Tokyo to save remaining survivors. After watching a few episodes I find that the girls are overly emotional to the point where it's somewhat annoying and therefore not enjoyable to watch whilst the story itself doesn't seem as if it'll progress much further so I'll most likely drop this after watching this week's episode.

Possible:

Nagi no Asukara: Another drama romcom. Tempted to watch it as it may be something like Anohana or Kokoro Connect but haven't had time to check it out.

Little Busters ~Refrain~: Wasn't much impressed by the first season of Little Busters but if I have time I'll check out this season as it'll solve and conclude the first season.

All in all, I'm mainly enjoying the romcoms this season along with Unbreakable Machine Doll (Kikou Shouko wa Kizutsukanai). Not really watching the action ones this season as they don't appeal to me too much but if I had the time I would have liked to at least try them out.
    Last edited by Ulti; 05-11-2013 at 12:33 AM.

11. Received thanks from:

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Golden Time: Another romcom that I'm enjoying. To me, White Album 2 seems like more of a realistic portrayal whilst Golden Time has more of a comedy side to it. I do have to admit that I've enjoyed it so much that I ended up reading the manga till the latest chapter and it doesn't disappoint. It's nice to have a choice of romcoms to watch which are both different.
    Haha I did the same, I wanted more so ended up reading the Manga. I'm really enjoying Golden Time but only time will tell if it will be as good as Toradora was.

I'm watching quite a few this season but apart from Golden Time the others I'm eagerly waiting for each episode are Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Strike the Blood, and Unbreakable-Machine Doll

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Yeah, personally I feel this season is really nice, it's a shame I don't have the time to try the others.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • najiro's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V
      • CPU:
      • i5-2500k @ 4.0 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Toshiba Regza 24"

Nice list Ulti. I'll be checking your recommendations then

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Thanks, I've not really done any recommendations though

Loving Coppelion's OP song too: ANGEL by angela

I decided I won't drop Coppelion after the last episode as they're introducing some new characters which should add a bit more spice to the series.

Enjoyed the last episode of White Album 2 very much, seems I'm a sucker for romance anime. Golden Time on the other hand wasn't so amazing which is probably because I spoiled myself by reading the manga.. D'oh!

Still gotta watch this week's Tokyo Ravens and Monogatari.

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Quote Originally Posted by Ulti View Post
    Golden Time on the other hand wasn't so amazing which is probably because I spoiled myself by reading the manga.. D'oh!
    Haha I was saying the same thing to myself yesterday I enjoyed this weeks Monogatari, like you I'm loving the Shinobu screentime but missing Senjougahara.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    Haha I was saying the same thing to myself yesterday I enjoyed this weeks Monogatari, like you I'm loving the Shinobu screentime but missing Senjougahara.
    Golden Time was pretty awesome this week, a lot of drama! I'm surprised it already surpassed the manga!

Still got to watch the other episodes of this week, haven't had time so far.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread Information