Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sherlock

Thanks

Re: Sherlock

It's such a pity because the first two series were amazing. Best thing on TV by a mile. Sadly, series 3 was a big let down and I can't see series 4 being much better. Does anyone every actually die in that show? Plus, Sherlock is now a murderer. Hard to sympathise with him, especially as he did it all for John's wife who will no doubt be there, solving crimes and helping the boys in future episodes, with her CIA ninja skills and whatnot. Pffff.

Thanks

the third series is somewhat fan-service for Johnlock shippers. I don't understand why it took them nearly two years to continue it. But despite disappointment and easy-going screenplay, we are still looking for ss4, right?

Registered+
    Thanks

Yeh the third series was slightly disappointing after the first two...it was always going to be a challenge considering how they ended the 2nd season. Also the season finale was disappointing, with Sherlock leaving but then having to come back straight away.....

Registered+
    Thanks

All three series of Sherlock are brilliant - series one was obviously the best, but series 2 + 3 are just as amazing. In my opinion, BBC do some of the best TV series, and as a full on Geek I love Doctor Who!

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Viewing figures.

Too many dumb spoon-fed people tune in to reality TV.....there needs to be a culling of the human population to stop this appalling trend.

I know I'm just a tad late replying to that, but I've only just noticed, due to a bit of a thread revival.

While I don't disagree about it being viewing figures, isn't it a bit trite to dismiss it like that? I mean, viewers are viewers, and presumably, aren't tied to a chair in front of the TV, with their eyelids stapled open?

Personally, I think soaps are even worse than reality shows, and I can't stand most reality shows. I watched some of S1 of Big Brother. It was new, a mildly interesting experiment, and just about watchable. Since then, from the few glimpses I've seen, it's a vehicle for pompous, zero-talent, egotistical wannabe prima-donna's to preen themselves in front of a camera, hoping for a media career.

About the only reality show I've seen anything off is Strictly, and doesn't have anything to do with the outfits the female pro (and occassional celeb) dancers wear. Honest.

But .... surely TV should cater for all tastes? And if so, doesn't the fact that millions of people seem only to happy to tune into what I (and you, it seems) regard as soul-sucking drivel aimed at the vacuous, justify it being shown? After all, we don't have to watch it and it keeps them out of fights outside the Dog and Duck.

Thanks

New series AND special next year...

Registered+
    Thanks

The Sherlock Christmas special was very good, shame it wont be until 2017 when the next series is aired.

Thread Information