Thread: Terminator Genisys

ZaO

Terminator Genisys

Hey guys. This isn't me trying to review the film, this is just a little bit of unorganised rambling and wanting to hear what fans of the series think about Genisys!

There are no spoilers in this post, but I can't promise there won't be any further on!

I watched Terminator Genisys at the cinema lastnight. The trailer didn't give me high hopes, as it had all those stupid bass pitch downs in the action scenes. Something I've grown so tired of.. They also showed the WORST spoiler I have ever seen in one of the trailers! If it was as good as Salvation, I'd have been happy enough with that. That's all I was thinking going into it.

So anyway, it starts off with the action pretty quick. I have to give that a thumbs up as a fan of old school action films It didn't seem to want to explain much for people who're not familiar with the series, which made me feel they were thinking of the current fans when they made it. No problem there. There also didn't seem to be much of a story, which I didn't care too much about tbh lol.. They kept it fairly serious for the most part, but they had some humour here and there, which I mostly didn't dig too much. I don't want spoonful of sugar with my scary future films And the action scenes were pretty cool in general. Salvation felt like it was a bit of homage to T2, and likewise, Genisys felt like a little bit of homage to the first film (and the second at times). I was kinda gutted they didn't recreate some cool scenes from the first one though, I'd have loved to have seen that night club scene for example And the best bit for me was when old Arnold fights his younger self. That was amazing! How the hell did they do that so well...? It's kinda scary as it reminds me of The Running Man where they use CIG to fake crimes and put people away. Jesus Christ, guys... looks we're there already! :/ First it was the X-Ray scanners from Total Recall, now this.. And now I have my biggest complaint - the ending credits started off with a cover of the T2 theme music which was cool, but then that got cut off by some really annoying, totally out of place pop music! What the hell.... It wiped the smile off my face haha! I should also mention that I was pretty drunk while watching it, and am hungover now (hence the complete lack of organisation and direction in my post!). But, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen it and what they thought of it? I need to watch this again sometime and make a better judgement on it

Thanks
    • shamus21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • 2500k @ 4.8
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Timings 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Boot - Samsung 256GB 830 SSD GameFile & 1TB WD1002FAEX Caviar Black BackUp
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infinity 720W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Armour Super Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64 bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 wfp
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Re: Terminator Genisys

I think old Arnold is really now to old to be doing Terminator films.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by shamus21 View Post
    Maybe. He was alright in this one though. I like how they incorporated his older look into the film

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus21 View Post
    But nicely aged enough for older roles like Conan The King, which he should have done well before the most recent attrocity!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Fynriel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Game Plus
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790k
      • Memory:
      • Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR3-1866
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB, Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750i
      • Case:
      • Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC G2460PG, 2x Asus VN247HA
      • Internet:
      • 76 Mb/s

This film honestly feels like it adds nothing new to the table. The same sort of crowd pleasing moments (or supposedly crowd pleasing) and the same beats. Also the continuity of the Terminator universe is so screwed up no one can actually keep it straight anymore (including the cast of the film: See here)

Technojunkie
    Thanks

I enjoyed it but wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

Terminator films in order of greatness:

2 -> 1 ----------> 5 ---> 4 --> 3
    Chrome & Firefox addons for BBC News
    Follow me @twitter

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Fynriel View Post
    This film honestly feels like it adds nothing new to the table. The same sort of crowd pleasing moments (or supposedly crowd pleasing) and the same beats. Also the continuity of the Terminator universe is so screwed up no one can actually keep it straight anymore (including the cast of the film: See here)
    I hear you, man. They've all felt like that since the second one really. Though I did actually really like Salvation

Quote Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
    I enjoyed it but wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

Terminator films in order of greatness:

2 -> 1 ----------> 5 ---> 4 --> 3
    I would say 2/1> Salvation> Genisys> What third one!? There is no third one!! I won't acknowledge its existence

Thread Information