Thread: How I met your mother

OilSheikh

How I met your mother

Just finished all 9 seasons woohooo
    The seasons started off well and then towards the middle seasons, there was a sharp drop and the ending was just sad.

SPOILERS ALERT

PHP Code:

The best character has to be Barney Stinson
    I have nothing but admiration for him.
    He was a hippy and a betrayal by his gf made him love suits and improve his look... 
    He has an abundance of suits and is always well dressed in a fitting suit
    He is the bro of bro
    's , with his catchphrases, with his 'Have youuuu met X', 'Legen... wait for it... dary' and his acceptance of any challenges 'Challenge accepted!'
    He knows magic tricks, has a Playbook for acting to nail chicks and he has nailed 250+ chicks! And, don'
    t forget his love for Lasertag! And, he has a mysterious cool jobwhich pays him in abundance.

I didn't like how his hait turned from blonde to black as the show progressed. Found it unnecessary - for his mom to have slept with a random person, thereby resulting in a black brother, who also happened to be gay.  Not sure what the point of all this was

Moving on to other characters, 
    Ted was very choosy, that'
    s why he got nowhere until the very endIt's sad how the girl he finally meets and marries passes away. :surprised:
    Lilly and Marshall were just lovey-dubby, Lilly had so many hairstyle changes and did develop a fetish for boots mid-show. The show never revealed what happened to all the credit card bills that Lilly accumulated!
    Robin ... the less said the better. Most useless character in the show. Ted slept with her and then after their relationship was over, Barney slept with her , and despite all this, the three hung out as ''friends''' 
    ???
    How were the three ok with this arrangement? Or was Robin like the shagbuddy of both?
    And, 
    then Barney married Robin... this was a letdown for meI always pictured Barney as the cool guy who will keep banging girls till he can no moreVery sad but some people are meant to go down all guns blazing.
    And, 
    three years after they marriedthey got divorced.. ????woot? And after Ted's wife died, Ted wants to go back with Robin? loool
    And, why did Barney have a one-night stand and make a girl pregnant. Doesn'
    t make sense why the writers did this to him

Thanks
    • Output's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AORUS Master X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade @ 3600MHz CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800 XT
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
      • Case:
      • bequiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: How I met your mother

SPOILERS ALERT

PHP Code:

It was made perfectly clear by the end that Robin 
    and Ted were wrong for each otherso for Ted to have gone through everything only to lose his wife after such a short time was just a horrible decision as her character just worked perfectly once we finally got introduced to her.

Having the whole story revealed as a ploy to get permission to get together with Robin again was just mind boggling 
    It was already shown how Robin basically abandoned the rest of the group from the random divorce 
    for a stupid reason five minutes later in the episode from the wedding that had been built up to for so longso how is anyone supposed to believe it wouldn't go the same way again with Ted?

Especially since as already mentioned it was already clear that they are wrong together and it just made Ted look really sad by having such an obsession with Robin all that time later, and the fact that we thought he'
    d finally let go of that for good on the morning of her and Barney's wedding anyway.

It might have worked after the first few Seasons, but it was repeatedly made clear how wrong they were too many times to count, and the actress playing the Mother just brought the character to life and made her so likeable that it seems nobody liked that they killed her off so easily with a throwaway line and didn'
    t let us even get to know her more.

As for 
    Barney and RobinI thought that was able to work together, and although I especially didn't like the whole divorce part and regression reversing all that they had been through up until that point, it would have been bearable if they got back together after Barney's daughter was bornwith Barney and Robin realising that being parents was what they were missing before (without realising it until then) and it being strong and unbreakable from that point onwards
    There is an alternate ending too, but it doesn't have any new footage but is instead edited differently.
    Last edited by Output; 24-09-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Typo

3. Received thanks from:

Thanks
    • TaintedShirt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2500k
      • Memory:
      • 4*4 gig Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 240GB and 3.5TB Samsung Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ07B
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 accessed using my lovely Filco brown key
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ FP241WZ
      • Internet:
      • 4meg of slowness increased to 5meg nice Billion 7800N

SPOILERS ALERT

Found it unnecessary - for his mom to have slept with a random person, thereby resulting in a black brother, who also happened to be gay. Not sure what the point of all this was.
    I'm not sure but ..
    His brother first appeared in the episode "Single Stamina" S02E10. This aired in the US on the 27th of Nov 2006.
    Neil Patrick Harris confirmed he was gay on the 4th of Nov 2006.
    So these may linked.

I did like the show, especially the early series. Barney is by far the best character.
    One of my favourite moments is when Marshall got so drunk he needed subtitles.

5. Received thanks from:

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

I had no idea that show was so old. Is it normal I'm totally jealous of most of the characters?
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thread Information