Thread: Computer issues - somewhat music-related!

Thanks

Computer issues - somewhat music-related!

...as I use my computer for recording, editing videos, posting music online, etc.

HP with 6G RAM, 1T hard drive, running Win7. Did a 'Windows download/update' about 2 weeks ago that totally f*cked the system, had to restart in SAFE mode, and do a system restore to get rid of it. But even before that, I had occasions when the browser (Chrome, Firefox or IE) would just freeze up for a minute or 3 and couldn't do a thing until it unfroze. Since that update/restore, its been worse, and I have to do a cold reboot (hold power button in until it shuts down) to unfreeze it.
    Did all sorts of diagnostics, Checkdisk, malware/virus scans, Deleted all the crap stuff using CCleaner, Reinstalled video drivers. Acting a bit better now, but still can freeze up 1-3 times (requiring cold reboot) before it stabilizes.
    Haven't been doing much recording recently, but thinking I should just get another computer for all my photo and video processing and leave this one for my music work as I never seem to have an issues when just doing that.
    Of course a new computer means probably having to go to Win10, so don't like that idea much, but at least my music stuff can stay with the old system and drivers and gear.

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

Re: Computer issues - somewhat music-related!

Memtest ?
    Heat ?

I'd certainly make sure that I had everything off that HDD backed up somewhere else !
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Thread Information