Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek Discovery Season 3

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Star Trek Discovery Season 3

I watched most of season 1 but couldn't get through either of the next two seasons. I used to really enjoy TNG, DS9 and Voyager (although they all had lots of duff episodes) but this and Picard have mostly been annoying.

Thanks

Discovery isnt my sort of Trek, I'll watch it, but that's about it, I would probably have marked it as the worst Trek I have ever seen, until I watch about 10 minutes of Below Decks, that, what is that aimed at exactly?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Discovery isnt my sort of Trek, I'll watch it, but that's about it, I would probably have marked it as the worst Trek I have ever seen...
    I've only seen the first series of Discovery, owing to the fact that I'm no longer subscribed to Netflix. So can't comment.

BUT... nostalgia really does come with rose coloured glasses doesn't it? Guess no one remembers the atrocious first series of TNG... we had some banger episodes on there didn't we?
    Or that some TOS episodes were utter garbage fire, remember "Spock's Brain" and pretty much the third season of TOS (from what I recall, I've only seen it once; TOS was too 60's for my tastes). TOS sure did go out on a high didn't it? No? Oh...
    Also TNG season 7 was a ton of filler from what I remember...
    I personally enjoyed Enterprise, but found some episodes a slog to get through. That was my trek series as I watched it as it came on Sky... was totally disappointed on it getting cancelled.
    Same for DS9, there were good episodes, but ALSO plenty of bad ones, "Move Along Home", the Risa jamaharon one etc comes to mind. DS9 took the Jem Hadar wars to get really good... season 1 was all over the place.
    Voyager, I didn't care for too much, although seen them all once... and the action episodes several more times.

What I'm saying is, compared to the above, what I saw in Discovery or Picard ain't too bad... for a first season. But everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    ...until I watch about 10 minutes of Below Decks, that, what is that aimed at exactly?!?
    ME! I watched the whole series... twice. It's a tongue firmly in cheek look at ST. I don't want ALL my trek to be all serious and crap. I found the references to the older series nostalgic, there's a ton of them. But then again I'm not a serious star trek viewer ALL the time. Also I think you're referring to Lower Decks? ... also the USS Titan shows up in this series....
    Last edited by Scryder; 24-03-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    "Arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - A General

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

I thoroughly enjoyed this Star Trek. Even though you can see they were pushing the boundaries I actually enjoy this series.

Thanks

The last series of discovery pretty much finished me off for the Discovery series. First series absolutely loved, second was a bit meh and third, what were they thinking. I mean the turbolifts, what on earth, you could fit 12 starships in that turbolift section.
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

such a wasted potential that show
    plase kill it already

I always loved every single episode of star trek in parallel universe and hated every single one with time travel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information