Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: episode 3 spoiler thread

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks

episode 3 spoiler thread

so guys, what you think?

i thought it was awesome. thoughouly enjoyed it.. specially yoda dismissing those guards.. oooh cant wait to see it again..
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    • subucni's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Athlon 64 X2 4800+
      • Memory:
      • 2gb of generic DDR1 rubbish
      • Storage:
      • Nothing special
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512mb ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • WinXP 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H + 19" Hanns.G Dual setup
      • Internet:
      • 20mb VirginMedia
    I'm still trying to reserve judgement on it, i thought it was good but there were just a few bits i thought could have been done a lot better and elaborated on easily.

Most importantly though there was a shot of JarJar Binks and it didn't involve him being decapitated by a light sabre. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!
    They could have just left him out.

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Very very good. For me the best 2 scenes in the film were the bit where r2d2 zapped the droids hand and the droid yelped and kicked rtd2 over, and the other one was the bit that 5lab said when yoda entered the senate bit and had no time to argue with guards so just waved a finger nail and they both dropped like a sack of shat - utter class, dont fs*k with the little green man when he's in a sith-lord killing mood

Butuz

Thanks
    I really enjoyed the movie, far more like the originals and the better for it.

Lucas really likes his SFX! One of the few gripes I had was that sometimes it felt like a THX showcase as some action scenes just ooozed CGI.

Thanks
    I enjoyed it immensely...was paced quite well & actually got u FEELING something for the characters unlike eps 1&2...perhaps one more scene of anakin becoming darker before he slaughters the kids would have been good though, but overall two thumbs up!
    If a man talks in a forest & there's no woman around....
    Is he STILL wrong?

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable
    not being a fan of episode 1 and 2 I thought I would watchh 3 to see if Lucas could redeem himself for the tat he released previously, the answer is, no, not really, and Jaja binks makes a small return to the movie :'( Shame he didn't die in the movie. I am sorry but lucas has lost it, first he tests the waters with rejigging the originals then he rejigs them again making them worse and now ep's 1 - 3. I love star wars but this was the last straw. I will keep my original, un-touched star wars VHS's and forget ep 1 - 3 ever happened.

Easy Tiger!!!
    Thanks
    Yeah I really enjoyed it - loved the early versions of the Fighters/Star Destroyers shown at the beginning. Defiantly agree with FarmerJon, Anakin seemed to fall to his knees and call the Emperor 'Master' kinda quickly, should have shown him having a moment of complete madness or something.

Did anyone spot the Millenium Falcon as they returned after rescuing the Chancellor?

Thanks
    I don't think episode 3 is as amazing as most people make it out to be. I did enjoy the much darker tone of the movie similar to the likes of empire strikes back and the fact Lucas stepped up the cinematography to a whole new level. The story was much better than the previous two and the fact it rounds up all the loose ends was pleasing. But the often weak dialogue and acting especially from Hayden Christenesen kinda ruined it for me. One liners like "You got em" does put you off sometimes and I kinda was hoping Liam Neeson would make an appearance as Qui Gon in his spirit form when Yoda mentioned it to Obi Wan towards the end of the movie. However the film is definitely worth seeing and most people would find it enjoyable but for die hard fans it doesn't compare to a masterpiece like the original trilogy.

Thanks
    can someone explain who "jedi master syhpo-dias" was (the guy who actually ordered the clone army 10 years earlier)

Was sypho-dias the jedi name for the emporers master (Darth big brain or something) and when jedi master sypho-dias was killed 10 years earlier, was this a reference to the emporer killing him in his sleep ???

that was the only real loose end for me, who actually ordered the clone stroopers and for what reason.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    There is also a Liea / Padme loophole, Liea clearly stated in one of the first movies that she remembered her mother as beautiful yet sad.

Thanks
    that could have been a reference to her adopted mother, as I'm not sure if Liea knew she was adopted at that point
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    I really enjoyed the film despite the previous 2. I heard a rumour today (slashdot rss feed!) that they may make episodes 7,8,9.

Thanks
    • starbuck's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb
      • Storage:
      • 2x500gb Samsung spinpoint in raid 0, 320gb diamondmax SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT240
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 850watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Dell(rebadged sony) trinitron CRT
      • Internet:
      • 20mb cable internet connection
    quickest births I've ever seen as she seems to be having a contraction for about 2 seconds before luke pops out then within about 5 seconds, leia has been delivered as well.
    Loved the film and it does make me look at all the others(incl ep 1 & 2) in a different way. I do agree with what was said before though that annakin did seem to call sideous "master" too quickly and that he didn't seem too worried about killing the younglings(should have had an extra scene where he turns more).

The end of the film though, where you see the deathstar, a lot of it seems built already, yet when we come to episode 4 and luke is about 15-20 years older, they are still finishing it.
    I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory problem.

Thanks
    Im just back from seeing it. Bitterly disapointed is how id describe myself. i stayed away from the hype, from any reference to what was going on, to hopefully see it objectively.

It was a reasonable film, but was too dark, where was the humour? What was the point in the cameo from chewbacca, just to get him involved.

I actually thought christianson did pretty well - especially in the scene where he gets his lets swiped from him, but afterwards, the return of vader was ludicrously disapointing. "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" its just not a vader thing to say.

The other odd thing was the mention that qui gon jin had mastered life after death, whats that all about, was i dozing off at that point, where was he then?

Dell 2005 : SN25P : Opteron 150 : X1800XL : 2gb Ram : Eclipse Keyboard : MX18 Mouse

Xbox 360 Live tag : derthbolls (with an o )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonia
    that could have been a reference to her adopted mother, as I'm not sure if Liea knew she was adopted at that point
    Yeah, IIRC her adopted mother died early on

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derthballs
    The other odd thing was the mention that qui gon jin had mastered life after death, whats that all about, was i dozing off at that point, where was he then?
    They are making reference to how they come back as ghost like to talk to yoda and luke at dagobah onwards. Pay attention!

Aside form a few odd moments. I thought this film was amazing. I wouldnt directly compare it to the originals, i dont think thats fair or possible. It is clear that this is meant to be seen after theoriginal trilogy so shouldnt be seen as a continous story frm 1 to 6.

I think the sense of torment of anakin was well portrayed when everyone is asking things of him. It seems his whiny acting paid off.

I also think the dark moments were good (in the sense of the story!), such as the slaughtering of the children and even more so when the jedi were turned on by the clones.

I cant believe how badly this is coming off in the press. Ill go and watch it again soon to make sure my judgment of it wasnt way off the first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information