Thread: midband - auto reconnnect

Thanks

midband - auto reconnnect

is there any way i can auto reconect my midband (BT homehighway) connection

- its done with the USB link (to the modem) and use some BT software to make the connect (not std windows dial-up)

because ATM is knocks me off after 2 hours, which is fine exept is im doing over nite downloads!!! (ie every nite)

thanks daniel

[edit] also would i be able to use the connect with linux/clarkconnect, becoase im planning to set up a file server(see another thread) [/edit]

Thanks
    mmmmm, you bwill be kicked off regardless after 2 hours because it's simply too difficult (read expensive) for your ISP/BT to keep FRAICO connections open constantly, I use an ISDN router for my connection and it automatically reconnects after the two hour cutoff because the router handles it all, I have NO clue how the USB box handles it because it caused me no end of problems and I nuked it asap

However, whenever my router detects a request to the internet it auto dials, is there a setting in the USB ISDN box drivers? and my advise would be to either get an ISDN router or setup a linux fileserver box with a cheap ISDN card in, set up a network and the linux box can act as the router, whatever you do get rid of the USB connection

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoopyJuice
    mmmmm, you bwill be kicked off regardless after 2 hours because it's simply too difficult (read expensive) for your ISP/BT to keep FRAICO connections open constantly, I use an ISDN router for my connection and it automatically reconnects after the two hour cutoff because the router handles it all, I have NO clue how the USB box handles it because it caused me no end of problems and I nuked it asap

However, whenever my router detects a request to the internet it auto dials, is there a setting in the USB ISDN box drivers? and my advise would be to either get an ISDN router or setup a linux fileserver box with a cheap ISDN card in, set up a network and the linux box can act as the router, whatever you do get rid of the USB connection
    yeah i know i'll be kicked - just along as i "kick my self on agian!!"

the USB thing is BT owned, but its does have two ISDN ports on the front, but i dont have TA, so use the USb,which work fine, except it wont auto redial:S

Thanks
    • shamus21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • 2500k @ 4.8
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Timings 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Boot - Samsung 256GB 830 SSD GameFile & 1TB WD1002FAEX Caviar Black BackUp
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infinity 720W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Armour Super Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64 bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 wfp
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    hi oshta i have the isdn box on the wall in my place with the 2 isdn ports and 1 usb i use the isdn port with cat 5 to a TA pci card in the PC . what i do is tick the redial if line is dropped box in Network Connections/dialup/Properties/Options . you should find this will work on usb also, i had to use usb until i got card. recommend you get one unless you are using laptop then stick with usb option.
    Hi loopjuice what type make of router are you using.

Thanks
    i'm using an Asuscom Inet 800 but i don't recommend lol, it's port configuration/forwarding is abysmal, other than that it's good

Thanks
    • shamus21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • 2500k @ 4.8
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Timings 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Boot - Samsung 256GB 830 SSD GameFile & 1TB WD1002FAEX Caviar Black BackUp
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infinity 720W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Armour Super Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64 bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 wfp
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    thanks loopyjuice i give that one a miss

Thanks
    anything by reputible manufacturers should be fine, e.g. 3com, linksys, cisco (bit overkill) but it was just there when i needed it so i grabbed it quick

Thanks
    Ah, I remember my midband days.

A 3com officeconnect ISDN router was my kit. I got it working by pure accident, and could never do a damn thing with it.

Luckily the auto-dial feature worked so I left it be, lol.

I'm trying to set up a USB ADSL modem on clark connect now - if it's a fun with ISDN - then God help you!
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information