Thread: orange broadband and Firefox

Thanks

orange broadband and Firefox

Hello,

I've been trying to help a friend of mine last night with his Orange connection. I am not very familiar with Orange bb but my friend expalined that to access your email, browse etc he normally clicks on the orange icon and it takes him to Orange site from where he can check emails, browse etc... The problem is that IE7 is now crashing everytime it tried to open (not responding) and therefore cannot access his email, browse etc... so I though before messing with IE7 I shall install Firefx and see if that works.

I successfully installed Firefox and could browse, set Firefox as default browser but when clicking on the orange icon it is still trying to open IE7, so my friend was still unable to get to his email.

So I have several questions and answering one might be engouh to get my friend back onto his email:

- is there a way to force Orange bb icon to use Firefox ? I called Orange support and they only support Orange bb via IE

- is there a way to access orange email (I think email address is xxx@fs) via URL rather than Orange icon if so what's the URL

- is there a way to uninstall IE7, it's on Vista, I tried to look under Control Panel and add/remove/roll back software but I don;t seem to be able to find IE on the list. I have found it under Program Files but no uninstall icon

Let me know if any of you can help, at the moment I am not near the laptop having problems so any step-by-step guide would be good so I can text my friend or call with instruction

Thanks in advance

Dark side super agent
    Thanks

Re: orange broadband and Firefox

Orange email can be accessed from orange.co.uk. There's a bit at the top right for logging in. Why can't he check his email through Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail? It would be much easier!

No idea about the other queries...
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thanks

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if Orange mail was a simple POP3 mail or not, the format looked a bit odd "@fs" but I guess I could get him to try that, haven't tried the Orange website either, will see if my friend got a password for it. Ideally he would like to go via the Orange icon...

Thanks

looking at the Orange website looks like the email should be "@fsmail.net" looks more like a proper email address.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Just set FF as your default browser in the settings.
    THat way, whenever something tries to access the interent, it will always be with FF.

Thanks

I did set firefox to default browser but there must be something else that need to be set for orange icon to link to Firefox as it still insist on opening IE7

Dark side super agent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by didgit View Post
    Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if Orange mail was a simple POP3 mail or not, the format looked a bit odd "@fs" but I guess I could get him to try that, haven't tried the Orange website either, will see if my friend got a password for it. Ideally he would like to go via the Orange icon...
    From what I remember of my time with Orange The @fs bit was a login for the internet connection rather than for the email.

Have a look at the Orange website for some help in setting up an email client. It's pretty comprehensive once you find the info in the Support Centre.
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thread Information