• Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

Adsl24

I have been with ADSL24 for one month now, and i just want to say how impressed i am with the service they offer. I moved from Virgin ADSL due to the ridiculous FUP, rubbish support, and crappy speeds. ADSL24 have in the space of a month restored my faith in BB.

They are upfront with usage policy, i pay for 30GB peak, 300GB off-peak and upto 8Mbps. Anything over the limit and they won't cap you, instead you pay for what extra you use at £1 per GB. Speeds are consistent; i get ~7Mbps throughout the day/night.

In comparison with Virgin i got < 5Gb / Month usage before they throttled me back to below dial up speeds, and even when not throttled i barely got 1Mbps. (On the very same line)

I'm only paying £2 more per month. Just goes to show there are still some 'legit' ISP's offering a good 'upfront' and 'fair' service.

Furthermore ADSL24 have a fantastic control panel webpage, which reports exactly how much you have used per/day, and allows you to make changes (like Interleaving, Change Plan, Add Usage, Request MAC etc..).

All in all i'm very impressed and would recomend them to anyone looking to change ISP.
    Main PC : Abit IP35-Pro | Q6600 G0 @ 3GHz | 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix 8500 | MSI N460 GTX HAWX | 1 x Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Antec 182 | Corsair HX620 | Dell 2407WFP-HC | Windows 10 x64
    Server : HP MicroServer N40L | 16 GB RAM | 4 X 1 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 | ESXi 6.0 NAS : Synology DS-408 - 4 x 3GB WD RED HTPC : Acer Revo RL70 | LibreElec

Jay
    Thanks

Re: Adsl24

they sound pretty good.
    □ΞVΞ□

Sleeping on th-zzzzzz
    Thanks
    • Pyrii's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T SE
      • CPU:
      • i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 24Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 512Gb Samsung 840 Pro & 850 EVO + 3Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM1000
      • Case:
      • Fractal R5 White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Alienware AW3418DW/Samsung 2333HD
      • Internet:
      • FTTP 75/18Mb

Looks good, but the limits on their ADSL2+ service are REALLY weird. midnight to 8am is offpeak even on weekends as far as I can tell. That's the latest I've even seen it and to me is really restrictive. They bandwidth throttle you down to 256k, even during off-peak if you go over your allowance and force you to cough up £5 for extra peak bandwidth
    A signature? Oh... Okay...
    TwitchSteamTwitter

Registered+
    Thanks

I do agree with their ADSL2+ offering but that's an Entanet driven policy.

Entanet in general are struggling at the moment especially because their latest centrals from BT still arent online..... and the customer base is increasing... capacity lowering..... same poor story for most ISP's out there.

BT need to sort out their processes.

Thanks

I have been with ADSL24 for donkey's for a while and they are great. The CS is superb.
    Not around too often!

Registered+
    Thanks

I agree the customer service is second to none.... however is BT that really need to pull their fingers out which in turn affects my service.

For example... I live 1km from the exchange. When I first joined ADSL24 I was syncing at 8128kbps with the exchange and getting the full 7150k IP profile.

Then at the beginning of this year I started having horrific power cuts which caused my sync to drop and SNR margin to increase from 6db to 12db and it wouldn't drop. I logged a call with ADSL24 and within 48 hours it was fixed.

I am now facing a similar issue where I've had power issues again... and now my SNR margin is 15db and WILL NOT drop. I logged a ticket with ADSL24 again as my sync speed is now less than half of what it should be..... but now because BT don't class SNR margin problems as service affecting faults, ADSL24 won't log it with them.

It sucks.

Thread Information