Thread: Am I reading this right?

handscombmp

Am I reading this right?

Thinking of switching broadban provider as being as Tiscali look like they're about to go bust.

Theres only one LLU in my area which means that they all use BT's broadband stuff really doesn't it so i should get the same speed as i have. (Is 21CN going to get more ADSL 2+ broadband connections?)

The best deal i have so far seems to be plusnet but i'm worried about the speeds they seem to be implying i'll get during the day. From this it seems they seem to be limiting me most of the day to about 2mbs max not even my line speed.

Is this right?

Thanks

Re: Am I reading this right?

Reading this on that page and looking at the chart...

*Even though there are no individual restrictions, the speeds you receive are still affected by traffic prioritisation and the activities of every other customer who is sharing the network. If you are interested you can also see the Plusnet Pro expected upstream speeds.
    Looks to me like they throttle ports or traffic shape(?). Can understand that to a certain extend when its p2p/torrent related, but you even being limited on normal downloads by the looks of things. I'm confident you'll find better for the money at £12/month.

If you havent already, have a look at www.samknows.com using that site I was able to find out Be/O2 were enabling my exchange by the end of Jan2008 and subsequently held fire untill then, and I'm very pleased I did.

What about O2 access? Seen a few people mentioning ADSL24 recently too. Even BT wouldnt limit you to the degree plusnet want too, they do whack you with a usage cap though IIRC.

handscombmp

Re: Am I reading this right?

Had a look on samknows and the only LLU operator in talktalk which don't have unlimited downloads.
    The 21CN date is Q4 2009 so perhaps i'll wait until then and see if they add adsl2+

The only reason i looked at Plusnet is because the seem to win the satisfaction awards

Thread Information