I will try and keep this as short as possible.

For about 2 months now I have issues with my internet connection on my laptop. At first I was using the wireless connection, and it all started to go odd with limited connection or no connection. I changed wireless channel, put the router back to factory settings, and installed the firmware for it again. I also used my wireless belkin adapter but after a few days it too developed the limited connection and no connection issues. My sisters laptop was having none of these issues even though it too is on the same wireless network.

During this period my powerline adapters were being fixed by belkin. So 2 weeks ago I had them back and my network setup looked like this:

modem > wireless router > wired to home pc (no issues) > wireless to sisters laptop (no issues) > wired via homeplug to network switch, which is wired to my laptop and xbox 360.

But after 2 weeks of a perfect connection I got the limited connection issue again (same as I had when using my wireless laptop card or belkin adapter.

Now today when the issue came up again I went to look at the home pc, which is directly wired to the router. No connection issue on the home pc! The light on the powerline adapter for the connection was still out.

Any ideas? Can it really be the router?? As I said I could use the home pc with no problems.

The only other thing I can think of is spyware or something. As the issues appeared after I had been on a flash site. As I was looking through the pages it sent my back to the front page. Kaspersky 2009 has found no viruses at all. Can't install most of the spyware programs available, as most conflict with Kaspersky. But then why would the connection be ok for 2 weeks ?? If it was some sort of spyware then would it not always cause an issue?

Please help, no idea what else to do