Thread: Help to remove nasty freeserve crap.

Thanks

Help to remove nasty freeserve crap.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens.

I downloaded the freeserve connection kit (again) today and let it install the dial up numbers for me as I was not using the correct one. OK fine all working, but it also reset my home page and put this crap in my outlook express: (search bar at bottom) and now it gives an error when I close outlook express!!:

Anyone know how to remove the crap off my PC? I've rummaged thru the folders for something obvious and thru the registry as well.

I'll run spybot in a mo and see if it finds anything as I bet the freeserve crap is spyware as well!! I can't be arsed to sign up for the freeserve forums and ask on there.

Cheers,

MM

dpm
    Thanks
    You should be able to uninstall the connection kit via add/remove programs and just use the new phone number it uses in your dial up networking settings. You do need to swap numbers, as freeserver are phasing out the old ones - you might have already noticed connection difficulties as they migrate.

Don't know if this clears up outlook express though - to get rid of the search bar you should be able to turn it off by going to the View menu, selecting Layout and then deselect info pane, without having to uninstall the connection kit.

Thanks
    Good call! Info pane removed the search bar. Butm I still have the error on closing outlook express

I'll uninstall the connection kit as well I think. God I hate freeserve they are just getting more rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishty as time goes by.

Cheers,

MM

Thanks
    OK, fixed it now. I removed the connection kit and Outlook doesn't give the error.

Stupid rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishing rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishty crap ISP!

CHeers,

MM

Thanks
    First time I have heard someone directly associate the OE closing error with rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbirubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish, but I have to say I have had a few more OE closing problems mentioned recently than I've seen in the past.

Assuming you are running winXP/2K, just put all the standard numbers in the connection as 'alternates' and set the conenction to 'move successful to top' and 'redial next number if fails'.

(1470) 080899 33251
    (1470) 080899 16080
    (1470) 080899 33265 (to be phased out?)
    (1470) 080899 16163 (also to be phased out later?)

You can find a big list of the 50 odd hidden free numbers here.

Thanks
    Hi m8ty ,go to regedit , search for freeserve & delete all found entries , worked for me

Thread Information