Thread: HUAWEI dongle- missing driver issue

Thanks

HUAWEI dongle- missing driver issue

Hello everyone!

I have a HUAWEI dongle, model: E3231 on a Three network, and it's been working fine for a year now. All of the sudden it stopped working today. The light flashes green, but there is no internet connection, and my computer only is only barely picking it up.

Here is what I did so far:
    1. I checked under 'Devices and Printers' in the Control Panel, and the dongle is being picked up as an 'Unspecified' device.
    2. I ran the troubleshoot on it, which suggested that the driver for HUAWEI mobile is not installed. The attempt to install the missing driver for the dongle was unsuccessful.
    3. I downloaded the Driver Manager program, and scanned the dongle with it - the results confirmed that the dongle is indeed missing a driver.
    4. I checked the HUAWEI website for the drivers, and all they had was an update for the E3231-Ws model, and it was Mac-only anyway. Same goes to their Auto-Detect tool - it looked like a Mac installation, and I couldn't get it to run. I couldn't find the drivers for my dongle anywhere else...

Could anyone please help? I'm really stuck, and have no idea what caused the dongle to malfunction in the first place.
    The exact dongle model is: HUAWEI E3231.

Thank you!

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Re: HUAWEI dongle- missing driver issue

I've had one with my old XP netbook. IIRC using any updated official drivers with it don't work, I had to use the natty old stuff that comes with it from 3 - there was some sort of connection suite thing?. Or at least that is what i found - it was a bit flakey and I havn't used it in ages.

Thanks

Re: HUAWEI dongle- missing driver issue

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    I've had one with my old XP netbook. IIRC using any updated official drivers with it don't work, I had to use the natty old stuff that comes with it from 3 - there was some sort of connection suite thing?. Or at least that is what i found - it was a bit flakey and I havn't used it in ages.
    Thank you for the reply. The dongle I use hasn't got a connection manager, it connects directly. I tried using it on two different computers, and it doesn't work on either. So I am 99% sure it's a problem with the dongle, not my laptop.

Thread Information