Thread: Recommend a Good *.dbx repair tool Microsoft Outlook express

Thanks

Recommend a Good *.dbx repair tool Microsoft Outlook express

Hi,
    Basically I reformatted and reinstalled an os xp (quick format) and later found out that there were required outlook express 6.0 mail files *.dbx on the hard drive. I have used get databack to restore the *.dbx files which was ok they seem to be the correct files going by the names of them but they were stored in temp folders temp internet files etc. So i recovered anyway and tried to import them into outlook express which will not recognize them. So I have began looking for a dbx repair tool i have tried advanced outlook express repair tool it says it recovers the messages but they are all 1 kb and nothing in them it successfully recovered 3 messages properly. Can anyone recommend other repair tools that i could use to repair ???
    Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Recommend a Good *.dbx repair tool Microsoft Outlook express

I would first check you have recovered the correct files. The location on XP for Outlook Express should be:
    %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\<GUID>\Microsoft\Outlook Express
    where %USERPROFILE% will be something like c:\Documents and Settings\yourusername and GUID is a long number specific to you.
    If you can, recover the whole folder, and you should then be able to import it into OE on another install.

Thread Information