• PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407

Asus AC68U ping and speeds

Hi all,

A brief history of my problem... I am on Sky Fibre broadband and I got sick and tired of their crappy hardware bailing on me when too much was going on so I decided to do some research and the settled on picking up an Asus DSL AC68U modem/router to replace the SkyHub.
    Set up was easy and it's worked flawlessly and been perfectly stable. The only issue is my Ping and Speeds aren't as good as with the SkyHub.

The speed is negligible, in the 1-2Mb range maximum difference, and I think it's more to do with my poor connection area. Initially after install I was at about 37Mb/s and over about a month it settled at about 28Mb/s. My ping, however, is 6ms on my SkyHub and around 30ms on my Asus. Does anyone have any advise for correct set up of this Modem to bring that figure down a bit? I'm pretty tech savy but networking is a weakness.

Thanks

Re: Asus AC68U ping and speeds

Log into your router, and on the left hand menu click on the "system log" tab, next click on the top tab for "DSL Log" then near the bottom of the page you will see if your connection is set to interleaved or fastpath. If you're downstream is set to interleaved then this could affect your pings.
    You could ask your ISP to change it back to fastpath (some will, some won't).

Beware tho, as changing it to fastpath could make your connection less stable.

Hopes this helps

Thanks

Re: Asus AC68U ping and speeds

UPDATE: after looking around the internet for answers i think i've found the answer to your problem.

1) Log into your router
    2) Click the "Administraition" on the left hand menu
    3) Not click on the "DSL Setting" tab at the top
    3) Scroll down to the bottom and change "G.INP (G.998.4)" to "Enabled"

your router will restart, wait for it to reconnect to the internet and then retest...

You should now find that your pings are back to how they were

Thread Information