Thread: Can't get any browser to show popup windows for Amazon & Ubereats

Thanks

Unhappy Can't get any browser to show popup windows for Amazon & Ubereats

Hi, all

I'm currently experiencing problems with accessing the different departments on Amazon's and Ubereats website. When I'm not logged into Amazon, I can access the different departments in any browser {Whether it be Firefox, Chrome, or Edge}. As soon as I login with my account info {email address & password}, I can't. I can't even access my wishlists on Amazons site. Also I can't access selecting a food item on Ubereats website. I have updated Firefox & Chrome to the lastest version on Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909. Honestly don't know what to try. Please some one help me with this issue.

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair something or the other
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB nvme, 1x 2TB nvme, 2x 8TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Torrent White
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Re: Can't get any browser to show popup windows for Amazon & Ubereats

Quote Originally Posted by Decat24 View Post
    Hi, all

I'm currently experiencing problems with accessing the different departments on Amazon's and Ubereats website. When I'm not logged into Amazon, I can access the different departments in any browser {Whether it be Firefox, Chrome, or Edge}. As soon as I login with my account info {email address & password}, I can't. I can't even access my wishlists on Amazons site. Also I can't access selecting a food item on Ubereats website. I have updated Firefox & Chrome to the lastest version on Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909. Honestly don't know what to try. Please some one help me with this issue.
    Have you tried clearing Cookies for those sites only?
    Have you cleared your Browsers Cache?
    And have you tried a different device like your phone to see if you get different results?

Thanks

If the above don't work, also try opening in Incognito mode - "New Private Mode", "New incognito window", or "New InPrivate window" - for the three browsers you mentioned above. This should open the site as if you're visiting the site for the first time (in theory!).

Do note that I've had issues with Ubereats website in the past... when trying to update my payment details.... as they don't seem to optimize their site for PC's.
    "Arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - A General

Thanks

Also, and it's a possibly daft question .... you haven't got pop-up blockers installed or turned on, or set to operate on non-whitelisted sites? This may even be a browser setting on some. Or even an option in some desktop security package.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. So far Ubereats works as it's suppose to. I've tried clearing cookies & cache and that didn't fix my issue. I still have the same problem with amazon.com. I've also tried putting in exceptions in the popup blocker in all browsers. Even tried turning it off and still the same issue occurs. I'll try private mode and see if that fixes it.

Thanks

I've tried private mode without signing in and the website functions as it should. When I signed in, it doesn't show pop ups for the different departments and wish lists.

Thanks

Sorry forgot to mention that the amazon app on my android phone and tablet works fine with no problems.

Spreadie

Connected via a VPN?

Thanks

If amazon is the only site you're still having problems with, maybe contact amazon support. As if you can see the full website when not logged in, might be something in your profile is messed up, specifically with the desktop site.
    "Arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - A General

Thanks

Thank you for all the replies. I don't have a vpn running. I'll try contacting amazon again.

Thread Information