Thread: disconnections

Thanks

disconnections

has anybody ever experienced disconnections every 5 mins on an adsl service. when it goes of the signal loses sync competely and it flashes yellow for about 30 secs and then finds sync again, but then goes off again in another 5 mins. im using a fujitsu fx310 usb modem and am currently on eclipse 1 meg service but was doing this on 512 this has been almost 2 weeks now and still no fix resolved.

well the engineer has been out today and testes the line, the checks where all perfect. he used his laptop and modem and filter. no disconnections at all. have swopped the filter, cable to the modem and have tried the modem on my old pc with the same problem. the only thing that i can still think is the problem is the modem itself. but the only thing thats confusing me is that i brought a netgear dg814 router/modem and that seems to show it losing sync all the time but it could be that its not setup correctly

Thanks
    no problem so far. I don't like dg814, lots of problem, experienced similar thing before. Try change your modem. I am using D-link, which solved my problem.

Thanks
    im going to borrow a mates old alcatel frog thingy which we know works. then take it from there

what problems did you have with the netgear router

Thread Information