Thread: Dial-up accelerators..anything decent out there?

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks

Dial-up accelerators..anything decent out there?

Here's the situation. The only connection I can get at the moment is across a GPRS network which as I don't have an EDGE card for my laptop means dial-up using my mobile phone. The delay is pretty bad at the moment so I'm looking for a decent accelerator that actually works. Has anyone come across anything worth using?

Before anyone says switch provider, I'm out here to help sort out the problems of the provider. But that's going to take time and in the meantime I have to make do with what I can get hold of. Plus I don't have to pay for this so I'm not running up exhorbitant costs.

Get an EDGE card isn't an option either as I simply can't get one here (Senegal) though the company is waiting for a delivery of which I should get my sticky paws on one. SHOULD....so I won't bank in that either.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thanks
    I have been using Onspeed for nearly a year now and it makes a huge difference to my browsing speeds. I cant get broadband where i live, so i am stuck on dial-up. Onspeed has been a godsend. I recommend it, even for broadband users, but also people using things like GPRS. If you pay for the amount of data you up/download it can save you a fair bit of money too. I know someone who uses it with a PDA. Because the data is compressed, there is much less data (up to a 10th of the orginal source) being transmited. Only £25 a year - www.onspeed.net. Honestly, its good. try it.

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    Ok, tried onspeed but I keep losing the coyote server. That's down to the latency in the network no doubt. But then I'm being paid to sort that out. Unfortunately it seems the delay is on the radio side not the network side so I'm at the mercy of those guys for now. Mind you, when it works it works well I must admit.

Thanks dom.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thread Information