Thread: F$%£ed off with ntl

Thanks

F$%£ed off with ntl

ok i give up now ntl keep screwing me around. my internet dies every day on a regular basis. i ring ntl when it dies and all i get is some TW*% saying unplug ur modem rotuer and pc and turn them back on this will fix it. when i say ive already done it they say well will you try agen :@ and last night one of the customer service ppl had the nerve to say that it was my computers fault and the computer did not have enough power to keep up with the modem :| i no for a fact taht is BULLS*$% just look at my pc spec its a 64 bit ffs. right well anyways because of all the stuff that has happened with ntl i am now changing broadband provider. adsl seem to be the best way to go atm so my dad is going to change back to bt. wat i want to know is one hwo much is bt line rental and two what is the best adsl provider for me. i download ALOT and game alot so i cant deal with a cap.i was thinking about PIPEX 8mb Unlimited. does anyone know what they are like
    EVE - Online ( TiMeZeRo225, Proper Emo, Facter )
    World of Warcraft:
    Eu:The Shattar ( TiMeZeRo )
    Eu:Shattered halls (Pakapunch, Sigari, Eitu)
    CS:S - TiMeZeRo

Thanks
    BT are pretty good in my experience, however all their home services are capped, the top one being 40GB. I have a friend on PIPEX and he has had no problems as all. Looking at the 8MB service you mentioned it looks to be a good deal, make sure ure exchange can handle 8MB tho!

Thanks
    I too have NTL. and it seems to drop connection every 10 days or so . I was told to run the ntl disc and go through the set-up again. Have done this loads of times, (15).
    Now I just open "Run" and type in a web address and it usually sorts it , and I'm back on line.

Thanks
    What kind of router do you both have? I got constant dropouts using my old Linksys router. As soon as we got a new one it was all ok.

Thanks
    Pipex IMO are a very good ADSL provider... have been with them for over two years and not really had a problem APART from being stuck on 1mb atm.. but no connectivity issues..

with regards to 8mb i spoke to the customer service advisor and im sure he said that it was just really ppl in London who can get the 8mb service... but might apply to other cities also..

if you want i could give you my pipex email and maybe you could try them out.. not that i would gain anything from it... except a month free.. i think.. ..

Thanks
    Some specs like modem/router would help us be able to tell you if its their equipment thats messing up. The customer services give you the run around all the time, until you get a good techy, your boned. If its not on their little flowchart, they come to the conclusion its your computer. My modem was intermittantly faulty but it took almost a month before they would replace it and fairly constant ringing.

As for DSL, Pipex is one that most go with, avoid BT really crap service for a crap price. If you want to pay a premium and get a good service, go with zen (pretty sure you get 8 static ip's by default).

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    Tried running it without the router to see if NTL is at fault?
    This might help diagnose the problem, as it could well be a problem with the router
    I would stick with cable wherever possible, DSL is on a downward spiral IMO thanks to BT

Thread Information