Thread: Paranoid about condensation?

Thanks

Paranoid about condensation?

I've just moved my two servers into the loft to get some peace and quiet. One is an old P120 machine running Smoothwall and the other is an Athlon 1300 based Win2k box. Currently the Athlon machine is running with 19 degrees northbridge temp and 32 degrees CPU temp. Obviously this is the middle of the winter so it's bound to be cool, but at what point should I start worrying about condensation (if at all)? The outside air temp today has been between 5 and 7 degrees today... I'm a bit worried about when it drops to freezing outside

Any help appreciated.
    Simon

Thanks
    you wont have any problems untill objects become colder than the air they are surrounded by - which is when the water vapour in air turns back to liquid and causes problems.
    if it is in the loft then the temp will be lowish, but the air in case will always be colder than the compents... so i think you wont have any condensation probs...

Thanks
    Yeah the components will actually be warmer than the surrounding air esp if your using them, and therefore they won't cause condensation, otherwise we'd all have wet lofts

Thanks
    Cheers
    Simon

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry mate, I've just recently moved into the loft of my house and i've noticed no condensation problems around my PC. Put it this way, When you turn on the computer it's gonna warm up, and retain *some* of that heat during the time that its off.

And put it this way, you'd be dead if you was getting condensation in your room
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ | Connect3D Radeon 9600PRO | Seagate Barrcuda 80GB HDD | 512mb PC2700 Crucial RAM | MSI KT6 Delta FIS2R | Zorro Silver Case | Windows XP/Gentoo Linux

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    if there servers and on 24/7 nothing to worry about. spilling beer over them during christmas might be though

Thread Information