Thread: creative inspire 5700

Thanks

creative inspire 5700

im looking at getting a set of these speakers as pc world are selling them with a good discount at the moment. have any of you ever used them, what are you opinions of them

Thanks
    has nobody got any views on these speakers

Thanks
    Hi

I got a set of these for my Dad with a view to also getting him an Audigy.

Sound quality is quite good (bearing in mind we are talking about PC speakers), although if I was being picky, I might say the satellites are a little thin in the mid range, but for gaming you can't really complain and DVDs are fine.

These are a set of six sats with a centre rear (sorry if you already know this) and there is a small switch on the back which allows you to switch between whether the sub (which has the speaker inputs mounted on the back) will upmix from 5.1 to 6.1 or not. It was a while ago now (the mists of time have laid a veil over my eyes ).... but errr anyway, I found I had some weird effects when using the switch in the upmix position, but this may have been because the speakers are designed to be used with an Audigy and the headphone sockets for the speaker outs on his motherboard are different to an Audigy. Anyway, by trying the other switch position I was able to get things working as expected. I wouldn't imagine you should have any real problems.

Might sound as if I don't think too much of thesespeakers, but bear in mind I am someone who hankers after a set of Klipsch PC surround speakers which are a goodly bit more expensive and have been know to use the digital out on my PC to feed my separates system, so I am somewhat spoilt

All in all, they're not a bad solution and if you can get them for around £50 or so I would bite their collective hands off!

Hope this helps

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    How much are they?

Thanks
    they are £150

jw- i think your talking about different speakers. they are 4 sats and one front middle speaker and a sub

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    i honestly cannot reccomend these speakers at all, infact; after purchasing what i have just got i wouldnt ever reccomend any pc speakers to anyone if they want top quality sound
    in terms of power for those speakers, the subwoofer runs at 30watts RMS. The centre speaker runs at 21 and the satellites at 7. Now fair enough compared to most pc speakers thats good. You get good sound that will go quite loud. but for an extra £50 you can get so much more.

i would say go for a home cinema system. you get a dvd player thrown in for free (well as good as) and much better sound quality + more power.

i just picked up a Sharp SDAT1000 1-Bit Digital 5.1 Home Theater System for £230 from my local sunwins (co-op), along with a free dvd player

this system pumps out an amazing 600watts, in terms or actaul power thats 100w to the sub, and 45w to each of the other speakers. you also get a radio and other inputs so you can hook it up to your tv/cd player/mini disc aswell as your pc/ (there are 2 digital inputs and 3 phono inputs)

its just something to think about, the creative ones are good but there are better speakers out there. i think that creative speakers cost way too much for what they are

Thread Information