Thread: SN41G2 problem

Thanks

Unhappy SN41G2 problem

I have a new SN41G2, with an AMD 2600+ XP processor and 512M DDR ram. With a memory Twinmos Windows XP randomly reboot, especially when i was playing a video file. Another question is that on the screen appears a lot of glitches. I don't Know if is the memory or not. I change the memory for one Kingstom and Windows no more randomly crashed, nevertheless the glitches continues to appear, altough less.

I need help to know if there is need for special configuration on the BIOS setting, concerning about timings.

Thank you

Thanks
    Have you got a spare gfx card, pci or agp will do, the onboard gfx is known to be damned fussy about ram...

Thanks
    But is the GFX that bad, because i want to know if there is some problem with the board, since i've read in various reviews and forums that the onboard GFX is good enough for those that do not want extremelly good graphics.

I realize that a graphic card will solve the problem, but if there is something wrong about the board i've to check now to avoid further problems in the future.

Thank you for your post

Thanks
    I had similar trouble with TwinMOS memory.

Had one hell of a lot of glitches with it.

After testing (and a read on the Nvidia website), i found out that the memory was incompatible with the Nforce chipset.

When in doubt, use Cruitial Matched memory

Thanks
    The graphics are fine, I bought my shuttle to sit nder the tv n TV-O all my movies, it also gets used for LAN's, I play CS and IL2 mainly n the onboard are fine for that...
    Its just fussy about the ram it uses in system...

I had 256Mb XMS2700 btw and the shuttle wouldnt even boot with it, swapped out for 2x 512Mb PC3200 Geil n it runs a treat

Thanks
    People i don't have the problem any more, it was resolved putting 2x256M Kingstom memories at 400MHz. Now it works fine.

I tested with 1 stick of 26M Kingstom memory at 266M and it didn't work. I have to test if 1 memory stick even of 512M resolve the problem.

Best regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    I had one stick of geil 256mb in mine when i first got it and the onboard graphics were fine, i later added another twinmoss 512mb in and it went ape on me reseting of even failing to boot if i used the on board graphics, but then when it eat up my GF3 i had to slot in a new shiny Rad9600 pro and its mint, allways worked flawlessly with an AGP card but been dodgy with on board.

Rat boy

Thread Information