My main question is hardware related i think. I brought an elite inspire (£499.99) 6 weeks ago rom MEsh.
Key Features:

The Ultimate- Best Buy PC Offer
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Now with Intel® Pentium® D Processor 925
HT Tech.(3.0GHz,4MB Cache,800MHz)
1024MB DDR2 Memory
320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
256MB Integrated Graphics (SMA)
19" Widescreen TFT LCD Display
Sony 18x Super Format DVD Writer
5.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio
PCIe Mainboard, 6 USB, GB LAN
Desktop Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Classic Warranty-3 Years parts & lab.

Everything was working ok until last week. I get a graphics card error (i think) the actual fault is outlined below. The PC randomly reboots, a blue screen appears. At times i get an option telling me if I want to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking and normal. If i choose normal first then it wont load. If i do safe mode it will load, then if i restart the pc and choose 'normal' the pc will load, but then will randomly restart when it feels like it. When i try to load a movie file eg .avi or dvd it restarts instantly and says windows didnt shut down properly.

When Vista checks to see what the problem is, it says to get the latest Intel graphics card driver, i have donw so and the problem continues.

I tried doing a restore from 2 weeks back, but the action does not finish as the pc restarts by it self.

This is so annoying as i am a final year student as uni and have a dissertation to do. Anyone know what is the problem??

Do i need to send the PC back to Mesh? Do i have to pay the £35 courier charge?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: A035F8F0
BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 1040080F
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040807-06.dmp
C:\Users\!nilam!\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59781-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\!nilam!\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4E69.tmp.version.txt
Read our privacy statement:

Follow these steps to solve the problem with a video device driver
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Solution
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two options you can use to try to fix the problem. If the first option doesn't work, then try the second.
Option 1: Install the most current device driver for your video card
Go to the Microsoft Update website to see if there are any updated drivers for your video card. If there are any drivers listed, you should install them.
If there are no updated drivers listed at Microsoft Update, and you know the manufacturer of the video card, contact the card manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If there are no updated drivers at Microsoft Update, you don't know the name of the man

Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 293078
Last Review : January 31, 2007
Revision : 3.14
This article was previously published under Q293078
SYMPTOMS
You may receive one of the following Stop error messages:
STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

Back to the top
CAUSE
This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver cannot program the hardware correctly.

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current driver for your video adapter, or replace your video card.

Back to the top
WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
2. On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab.
3. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then click to clear the Enable Write Combining check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK.

Note This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings higher than None to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration off.

Back to the top
MORE INFORMATION
The Stop error message may also occur in video adapter drivers that do not represent a physical device. For example, this Stop error message may occur in the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec PCAnywhere. If PCAnywhere is installed on a computer where this error message occurs, visit the Symantec Web site to determine if there are any available fixes for your version of PCAnywhere.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

Back to the top
APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional for Itanium-based systems

Back to the top
Keywords:
kbtshoot kbenv kberrmsg kbhardware kbprb KB293078