Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercool C2D and Case

Thanks

Watercool C2D and Case

Ok so Im gettin all my PC goodies soon but I need some advise before I get it all. Im gettin a E6600 and going to OC it thanx to Clunks help.
    After much thought Ive decided to get watercooling, less noise/dust/ space etc. Ive pre-ordered a CM Stacker 832( same as 830 really) and I need to know if its a good case for watercooling. Does the case need special slots or things for the pumps and radiators or do you usually fit them where you can with a bit of modding? Or are there better cases more ideally suited for watercooling? I need to know this soon so I can cancel my pre-order with Scan Computers before its too late.
    Any ideas Gentleman?

Thanks
    I think I might go for the Zalman Reserator 1 V2 Fanless Water Cooling System, only really going to be for my Cpu as I don't think u can W/C a 8800Gtx. Does anyone have the Zalman Reserator 1 V2 Fanless Water Cooling System, does it go inside the case or how does it work?

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    A modded G70 is perfect for a watercooling setup. Depends on if you like the look of it though.

Some pics of mine in its various stages of oddness.

Last edited by Clunk; 16-04-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    I'm pleased with mine which i completed over easter went for an offbeat radiator position External Rad but it's working great.

Thanks
    Clunk when u say a modded G70, what do u mean exactly. Do I have to chop bits out etc
    And what do u think of the Lian Li PC-A10A? Or are there any other Lian Li's that might not need modding. Or do u have any suggestions Supershanks?

Thanks
    Buy a g70 from a place that will cut you the holes for the rad in the top (unless you are up to doing it yourself). Places like over-clock.co.uk and kustom will do it for you.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Buy a g70 from a place that will cut you the holes for the rad in the top (unless you are up to doing it yourself). Places like over-clock.co.uk and kustom will do it for you.
    Well exactly, I can't do it and I wudn't cut a hole in such a beautiful case myself, I wud be sweating buckets.
    I do buy from OCUK (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/), is that the place ur talking about? Do I just order a G70 and order a certain radiator and they cut the hole according to size? Do they guarantee it, as in if they make a mistake will I still have to pay for the case?

Thanks
    Well i just looked at Kustom Pc's, and they have some nice setups, wud u suggest just gettin a case with the hole cut and radiotor fitted and i do the rest, or shud I buy the complete kit, bit pricey @ £423. maybe I cud save myself some money by doin some of the stuff myself, its just mainly the cuttin of the hole in the top and maybe fitting th radiotor, unless thats easy to install. I wonder why the Tai Chi case is so much cheaper than the G70?

Thanks
    No, I dont mean overclockers, they are the worst retailer in the UK

I mean over-clock.co.uk Just email them and tell them what you want, or ring them.
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    • Madafwo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6TD Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 24Gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Drive of some description
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560Ti 448 Core
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 40" TV
      • Internet:
      • O2 8Mb @ 8Mb
    Happy supporter of over-clock.co.uk and also coolercases.co.uk

Both have a great selection of watercooling bits, one of the best cases I have seen for watercooling is the Silverstone TJ07... huge thing, can fit in a 3x120mm radiator without any modifications at all.

I put watercooling in my Akasa Eclipse (I think my support of this case is legendary) and it just made things too cramped.. Silverstone TJ07 is the next case on the cards and that'll have plenty of room.

Picked up a bargain on Ebuyer as they had the reservoir I wanted £20 cheaper than any other shop and then the £10 off by using Google Checkout.

As you can see in the picture, that bottom area is perfect for a radiator. You can mount the pump either in the 3 1/2" bay (if you get the Laing DDC pump) or on the bottom of the case using something to dampen the vibrations. Youcan get one of the Alphacool Re-Pack res and DDC pump and things like that from Scan or wherever as well.

One thing you need to think about is tubing Diameter. Personally I am a fan of 1/2" Barbs with 7/16" ID tubing, looks nice and neat and gives decent performance.

Just plan it carefully, make sure you make it easy to maintain, read up on the best way of routing the tubing and don't forget to leak test it.
    Last edited by Madafwo; 16-04-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks
    Madafwo, is the case in that pic the Akasa Eclipse or the Silverstone TJ07? And btw that setup looks top notch, so neat and tidy. At the bottom right of pick there are 2 fans, did u have to cut a hole into the side of ur case to get air thru those fans?
    Last edited by Harkin; 16-04-2007 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    Oh I found it, that is how the TJ07 comes, brilliant really cos I wont have to do any cutting.
    Can some1 with this case recommend pumps radiators etc, bearing in mind it will probably only be for the CPU im thinking. Dont know if I wud risk my 8800gtx, and the NB on the P5B seems to stay coolish.
    Im going to OC my E6600 to 400mhz Fsb and hopefully get 3.2gz(x8 multiplier) or 3.6gz (x9 multiplier). This might seem mild to most but best start off safe I say, might need to WC the NB if I go further but then all i need to do is put a waterblock on the NB, hopefully when I start gettin braverer lol

Thanks
    How much have you got to spend?
    stupid betond belief.

Thanks
    well the thing is, depending on time, as much as I want really. Like I said before the price isn't too important if its good quality right. I dont drink, take drugs etc so all my money goes on pc's and thats it. Boring really lol but trying to figure out WC shud keep me busy for awhile

Thanks
    If u want numbers then u cud say aboot £300-500(just for PC) a month is a safe bet really. that why i said if its really expensive I wud just put the money away until I have enough. The Silverstone TJ07 seems a really good case for watercooling, pricey @£230 but at least I wont have to cut holes out or pay some1 to do it. just need to find the right parts to use in it now as I have no experience with WC and decent parts

Thanks
    I was just asking how much you wanted to spend on the watercooling thats all

Right..

Thermochill PA120.3
    D-Tek Fuzion cpu block
    Dangerden chipset block
    EK 8800GTX block
    1/2" tubing - clearflex
    MCP655/D5 Pump or
    DDC pump
    Yate loon fans
    Bottle of zerex

Most important thing is to read up loads before you do it and take your time.
    stupid betond belief.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information