• acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0p4g4nd4 View Post
    I gots me a nice Logitech DiNovo Bluetooth Laser Desktop today and it's fantabulous! Not the best for gaming, but it's beautiful and works a treat in all other regards
    What lets it down when it comes to gaming? (Just outta interest... I doubt I'll ever have one )

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    Can't cope with a direct coffee strike, as I found to my cost. Awesome keyboard though. I keep getting tempted by the DiNovo Edge and having to talk myself out of it.

For a very decent set (compared to the DiNovo anyway), the Microsoft Laser Desktop 6000 is good value. The mouse isn't great though.
    Ouch!

I keep talking myself out of one too. I would use it probably once a month But they are just so pretty

My only concern with the cheaper ones, is how quick would they go through batteries? Even changing them once a month or so would annoy me. Batteries aren't cheap. I even priced up a battery charger specifically with this in mind But I figured thats about &#163;25 quid. And the keyboard/mouse is about the same. So I'd find it hard to justify not just spending another &#163;50 odd and getting the super dooper version. So, I just dont buy anything hehe

Lurking and learning
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acrobat View Post
    My only concern with the cheaper ones, is how quick would they go through batteries?
    Yeah that's my problem too and the reason why I want a rechargeable mouse as they eat batteries.

Anyone know if the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 Keyboard & 5000 Mouse mentioned above come with a recharger?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonfitba View Post
    Anyone know if the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 Keyboard & 5000 Mouse mentioned above come with a recharger?
    They don't. No charger, no dock, no rechargable batteries. Just some standard Energisers.

Wasn't a concern of mine personally, as the person I bought them for had a charger and batteries anyway. Still took me by surprise. Shame, as that's probably the only real negative. The mouse is fine if not great, but the keyboard is excellent.

Thanks
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC
    4 AA batteries and a charger for &#163;10 at argos. I got myself 2 lots (one for Wii remotes and 1 for Logitech LX710 keyboard and mouse). Still on the set of batteries that came with the kb+m though, been months and still showing strong. I prefer the smaller reciever compared to the large docking station my MX1000 mouse had.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=acrobat;1093832]What lets it down when it comes to gaming? (Just outta interest... I doubt I'll ever have one ) [QUOTE]

I think he might be referring to the Lag on it - the mouse, keyboard and media pad all go into power-saving sometimes when they aren't being used. Takes no more than a second to respond, but if you haven't moved your mouse cursor for a while then that can be the difference between making a shot and taking one...

I've got a Bluetooth Media Desktop (original not laser) set now and I'm having mixed feelings about it. Installed Setpoint 2.22 and it seemed ok, then added the 3.3 update and a) I now have a dialog box pop up about updating the software every time I boot up (even when I tick the Don't ask me again box) and b) my keyboard keeps dropping out when the PC is off and I have to connect manually after booting up.

DM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information