Thread: Help plz !!!

Thanks

Unhappy Help plz !!!

Recently i purchased a bunch of stuff to build a brand new pc , and guess what it didnt work , i have tried so much stuff as recomended on myprevious thread (ok cant post links yet lol , but im on the toms hardware forum under general homebuilt!,) i do not know what to do anymore, the problem was everything just comes on for one second and thats it, fans lights etc, does not boot or anything , i have tried with/ without ram/ gpu/ hdd etc, i have tried a older psu, i thought perhaps because the mobo requires a 8 pin connection i bought a dapter for a 4 pin into a 8 pin as my psu did not have a 8 pin connection , but again didnt work, perhaps its the psu i dont know , but any help is appreciated, and in between of this when i took an old psu from my other WORKING pc, i put it back but forgot to connect the fan of the cpu fan, so now when i turn it on all i get is Press F2 for Setup or F11 for Boot Menu, and it hangs there forever , i only get a chance to press something at the very start else its like the keyboard doesnt work... perhaps i fried the cpu ?

sooooooooo any help for either computer is greatful, and i mean it , i may be willing to pay for help ! lol, or someone to build this freaking thing, as i am going out of my mind literally !

HELPPPP
    (plz move this thread to somewhere else if needed !)

Pc Building Specs:

Scan Code:
    17569 320MB BFG 8800GTS PCIE O/CLOCK

15719 700W EZCOOL PSU DUAL 12V

17483 Optiarc AD7170 x18 SATA BLACK

11596 Corsair DDR2 TWINX 2GB PC6400

11327 SST NT02 HTPIPE K8/P4/775/478

14162 320G Seagate SATA2 ST3320620AS

15049 Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz

16718 ANTEC NINE HUNDRED GAMERS CASE

18196 MSI P6N SLI FI S775 NV650

(Bust cpu PC ? : Northwood socket 478 p4 3.0ghz, mobo : pvm8 Asrock, 1.5gb ddr, 1 sata hdd, and a geforce 6600 , i think will get back to exact specs for this later) helppp !

K3T
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neocryptic View Post
    i have tried a older psu, i thought perhaps because the mobo requires a 8 pin connection i bought a dapter for a 4 pin into a 8 pin as my psu did not have a 8 pin connection , but again didnt work, perhaps its the psu i dont know ,
    all i know is 8pins is for easy overclocking (if not please correct me)

then 4pins, it doesnt really matter coz ive got the 4pins for my cpu (e6600) as well so

hmm the only thing is, the motherboard false ? thats wierd if the keyboard dont work lol

Thanks
    if there's any way you can test the cpu/ram/gpu/etc in another motherboard that might help establish if the motherboards's the culprit. Very hard to guess accurately unless someone's had the same problem with the same equipment?

does anything get very hot in the short space of time it is on? motherboard chips and the cpu would be most likely there. I assume you've tried resetting the bio by shorting the appropriate pins etc etc?

have you got a PC-speaker connected and if not can you find a little 8 ohm speaker and hook it up to see if the motherboard is beeping anything at you?

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Ok, OP is a little hard to read/understand (to me), so let me paraphrase the problem to get it clear to myself/others.

You have just put together a new build, but when you turn it on you only get some lights and the fans spinning, but no booting?

If so, first thing to check is that you are not shorting your motherboard. Did you use the riser pins/screws that lift the m/bo off the case properly? Are any elements shorting against the EMI shield?

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb
    1. How long did you run the PC without the fan on CPU? If it was for any length of time that ends in anything other than seconds, then I'd be surprised if you didn't have one fried CPU. What you might try is re-setting the CMOS. If you RTFM it should show you which jumper you have to move to do that (and remember to put it back afterwards).

2. Your new PC, have you tried running it with minimum components (that is Ram & graphics plus onboard/cpu fans only) outside the case (sit on a cardboard box or something else electrically inert)? Switching on for a short while and then off could be something shorting the mobo.
    Last edited by Thorsson; 15-06-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: I see kalniel beat me to it!

Thanks
    Hi
    For the Old PC: Keyboard works , just i only get a chance to do something in the first few seconds it comes on where it says F11 or F2 option, if i leave it i cant press anything , either way it hangs , i just tried resetting the bios withthe jumpers, and now i only get the option of F11 (Boot options) but yet its still hanging.. as for the CPU i turned it off immediately when i saw the fan wasnt spinning lol, i think either cpu is fried or something happened with the mobo but im not sure , im not technical pro so i dont knowq about hooking up a 8 ohm speaker etc lol.i read somewhere someone said the intel cpu only slows down if its overheated and is difficult to frie..

For the New Pc : (all brand new components)
    Fans spin and lights come on (from fans) for like 1 second then nothing , all stops , the mobo light (led) orange one stays on though , i have tried different psu, tried 1 stick ram , 2 , tried without gpu/hdd/ ram etc, i know the mobo is on fine , theres those bronze screws underneath lifting it , but i will check incase, as i have said or did i hmm , i sent the cpu and mobo off to scan before to check it out and they got no faults , so i think i should rule the cpu and mobo out >?
    but as 2 of you have mentioned possible mobo shortcircuit in i will try this, but got work now , so i will reply in a few hours , thanks all, keep the suggestions coming in i appreciate it !
    thanks
    paul

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    thegraphicscardisfinebutseriouslydroptheezcoolpsuramisokbutoverpricedthethingthatstrikesmeasaskingfo rtroubleisanmsi650boardconsiderswappingitfora965chipsetboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    thegraphicscardisfinebutseriouslydroptheezcoolpsuramisokbutoverpricedthethingthatstrikesmeasaskingfo rtroubleisanmsi650boardconsiderswappingitfora965chipsetboard.
    lol

Thanks
    lol indeed, clunk use spaces ! its confusing to read at 3 in the morning !! but i kinda got what u said , many others on some forum have said to change the psu, so im pointing towards that mostly & what 965 chipset board would you recomend ?
    thanks
    paul

Thanks
    • Queelis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32 GB 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 512 GB, Toshiba E300 3TB, WD Green 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce RTX 2060 Super
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet PurePower 10 600W
      • Case:
      • be quiet! Silent Base 601
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell P2414H
      • Internet:
      • Gbit
    Quote Originally Posted by neocryptic View Post
    lol indeed, clunk use spaces ! its confusing to read at 3 in the morning !! but i kinda got what u said , many others on some forum have said to change the psu, so im pointing towards that mostly & what 965 chipset board would you recomend ?
    thanks
    paul
    I think Clunk pointed out the lack of punctuation marks (full stops especially) in your text

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb
    Yeah, or capital letters and paragraphs. It's hard to read. Clunk was just taking it to the extreme.

Thread Information