Thread: Do NOT buy P5N32-E SLi PLUS

Thanks

Do NOT buy P5N32-E SLi PLUS

God this motherboard sucks big time, here are my reasons why:

1: You cannot overclock the CPU very far; I managed a stable 3.15GHz max, any higher and BSOD was a certain.
    2: You cannot use 4GB of ram; I bought an extra 2GB last night (same brand, speed, etc) tried putting it in and BSOD was a certain. I read that people have stabilised theirs by raising their voltage on their NB to 1.45v-1.55v, I tried this and it was slightly stable with programs like Explorer crashing, but eventually it wouldn't boot again (NB was EXREMELY hot to the touch).
    3: SLi sucks anyway; Unless it offers better performance with memory sharing between the GPUs then it sucks.
    4: Slow boot; This motherboard has to be the slowest booter I have ever had.
    5: Cut-down STRIKER EXTREME; Peel off the P5N32-E SLi PLUS sticker to reveal STRIKER EXTREME text
    6: You cannot overclock the RAM; Overclocking the ram (timings/clock speed/etc) causes unstable performance with spiking of data, increasing voltages has virtually no effect.
    7: RAID performance sucks; Go for Intel RAID or something, at least you'll get better performance.

DO NOT BUY nForce 6 series motherboards! I'm guessing that this is not the only motherboard with crap like this...

Reason 2 is the last straw I had with this motherboard... Sod it, I'm getting a P5K Deluxe.
    Last edited by DataMatrix; 26-06-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DataMatrix View Post
    God this motherboard sucks big time, here are my reasons why:

1: You cannot overclock the CPU very far; I managed a stable 3.15GHz max, any higher and BSOD was a certain.
    2: You cannot use 4GB of ram; I bought an extra 2GB last night (same brand, speed, etc) tried putting it in and BSOD was a certain. I read that people have stabilised theirs by raising their voltage on their NB to 1.45v-1.55v, I tried this and it was slightly stable with programs like Explorer crashing, but eventually it wouldn't boot again (NB was EXREMELY hot to the touch).
    3: SLi sucks anyway; Unless it offers better performance with memory sharing between the GPUs then it sucks.
    4: Slow boot; This motherboard has to be the slowest booter I have ever had.
    5: Cut-down STRIKER EXTREME; Peel off the P5N32-E SLi PLUS sticker to reveal STRIKER EXTREME text
    6: You cannot overclock the RAM; Overclocking the ram (timings/clock speed/etc) causes unstable performance with spiking of data, increasing voltages has virtually no effect.
    7: RAID performance sucks; Go for Intel RAID or something, at least you'll get better performance.

DO NOT BUY nForce 6 series motherboards! I'm guessing that this is not the only motherboard with crap like this...

Reason 2 is the last straw I had with this motherboard... Sod it, I'm getting a P5K Deluxe.
    We all warned you
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    I know, I thought I wouldn't have the problems, I thought they would have been ironed out, I was wrong and stupid for ignoring you guys.

Thanks
    I got the 4GB running stable but I have the RAM downclocked to 700MHz which is crappy, can't wait for the P5K.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall
    shame you wen't with that board..its rubbish in most of the reviews i've read.

My evga clocks really well as does my friends evga and abit 680i's..just bought the wrong one!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    shame you wen't with that board..its rubbish in most of the reviews i've read.

My evga clocks really well as does my friends evga and abit 680i's..just bought the wrong one!
    Yup im with mike on this one If you go 680i get the proper 680's and not the cheaper asus offerings (that excludes the striker obviously as it the most expensive).

Thread Information