Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3400+ "EXTREMEOVERCLOCKING"

Thanks
    dunkenmaster can i speak to u on msn....or u still got that Antec AMG 1000 case?
    AMD 64 3400, Geforce FX 5800, 2x 80GB HDD, ASUS K8V Deluxe, Kingston PC3200 1GB valueram.

Thanks
    ok,

code on chip is

CAAOC 0341 "F" I think
    my sig is old A64 stuff I ran #1 in the world in 2k1 on 10-1-03 yeah months ago so that all needs to be updated... latly Ive been working on the worlds fastest 5900"NU" at 668/1021

I hold #1 in 2k1/2k3 and aquamark3 with the 5900nu overall and #6 overlal at aquamark3 with 62,840

Thanks
    k much aprreciated mickey
    AMD 64 3400, Geforce FX 5800, 2x 80GB HDD, ASUS K8V Deluxe, Kingston PC3200 1GB valueram.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos
    Also theres not much point in comparing the two at the moment anyhow, wait till intels new chip arrives then compare!

Ummm, Intels chip aint out yet, then even when it is u could just turn round n say "Oh wait till AMD's new chip is out", the fact of the matter is the AMD chips here now n Intels aint....

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Not really, comparing the next generation chip is hardly fair. The P4 is OLD now....

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    So what if its outa sync pci/agp?? Ive run AGP/PCI 88/44 before on a Gainward GFti4200, no PCI cards, 1 harddisk. You're saying it like its not possible Oxide, but it is.

That was on a BD7II-R btw with 2.0a P4.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    ive see pep's run a kt7 abit kt266 at 205mhz 24/7 1/4th pci only hows that possible???

there are tricks and secrets, but none are cheats non are cheats some we keep to ourselves is all

Thanks
    And what would be your recommendations for a Mobo?

I've considered several of the options inc abit KV8 or Asus K8V, but , from your comment earlier you seem to be suggesting that a NF3 would give a better overclock ability with the ATI cards, also read this over on xtreme where they suggest either the shuttle or the gigabyte (GA-K8N pro)

drunkenmaster u had any luck in locating a shuttle an50r in the UK at all ?

I've looked and I'm sure I'd seen one somewhere, but I can settle for the Gigabyte GA-K8N pro

Thanks
    only one, from david been looking around. As for the gigabyte and settling, macci is convinced the gigabyte is just plain faster than the shuttle. The main reason people love it is after vmods major mem voltage is available as it draws voltage from teh 5v rail of the psu, so where as you're stuck to roughly 3.3v on the gigabyte for mem, the major benchers can do 3.8v for brief times for benching, or more

I can't find the shuttle or the soyo ali chipset in the uk at all Still waiting on sis755 boards, it seems like the nf250 chipset might be best but, to be fair the last couple sis chipsets overclocked like beasts so could still be a very good option. I mean sis 655 introduced us to dual channel P4 loving , and was comparable to canterwood but months early so no 200Mhz support(though some did it anyway).

Ethos The Prescott IS a P4, its not new, its not majorly different it is certainly not next gen class of chip. Its very very marginally faster per clock but it should be its got 1 meg cache, though, is it L2 or L3? not to sure to be honest, but i think still a very small l1 cache. Its also got sse3 support, which is completely and utterly useless, benchmarks such as sisoft will be altered to reflect that a benchmark will benefit from it, but as with sse2 it won't be useful in general computing for a year and I've heard its going to give a minute amount of speed increase compared to sse2 did(eventualy).

Prescott IS a P4 with 1meg cache. its not as good as a p4EE which can't beat a fx51 right now, and the 3400+ can beat the fx51 in a bunch of gaming titles. you work out whats best.

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    We'll see when it actually arrives...

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable
    just to keep the overclockingness of this thread going, im going round to my m8's 2morrow mickey with my trusty (old) nf7-s v2 and dlt3c, hes got some mushkin 3500 bh5, and a prommie, with my very basic knowledge of overvolting (very very basic indeed) wat sort of mhz's can be achieved? I thought 2.8 was a gd guess

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information