Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Check

Nabobalis
    Quote Originally Posted by amjedm View Post
    I take it you're opting for the Sharkoon 2000 Silent Eagle fans?

I'm sure the P182 was £73 on Today Only a few days ago so may be worthwhile (when you're in a position to place orders) to split them. You may save a few pounds.
    120mm Sharkoon 2000 "Golf Ball" Quiet Case Fan

Thanks
    • Toobad's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport
      • Storage:
      • 240GB + 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD 7750 1Gb DDR5
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Straight Power 480W Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Designs Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 3007WFP-HC
      • Internet:
      • BT ADSL Max
    Truly excellent spec you've come up with, almost identical to the contents of my own spreadsheet. I'm packing everything into a Silverstone Grandia HTPC/Server case so I will struggle a bit more with cooling issues. The point made about the 640Mb GTS is certainly valid for the smaller lower resolution monitor although it is still a contender for me as I will be driving a Dell 30" (mine will be a HD video editing rig)

It looks like the Q6600 has now dropped to around £170 at one supplier already as of today. I've read that Vista likes to be installed with only 2Gb present in the machine so just pop the second 2Gb in after you've made it to the Desktop. By choosing 4 x 1Gb sticks of RAM you will be able to obtain them cheaper and with better latencies than going for 2 x 2Gb kits which are still relatively uncommon.

Cracking spec, Gromit.
    Apparently, "Do whatever you like" should NOT be considered authorisation to build my uber rig!

Nabobalis
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Truly excellent spec you've come up with, almost identical to the contents of my own spreadsheet. I'm packing everything into a Silverstone Grandia HTPC/Server case so I will struggle a bit more with cooling issues. The point made about the 640Mb GTS is certainly valid for the smaller lower resolution monitor although it is still a contender for me as I will be driving a Dell 30" (mine will be a HD video editing rig)

It looks like the Q6600 has now dropped to around £170 at one supplier already as of today. I've read that Vista likes to be installed with only 2Gb present in the machine so just pop the second 2Gb in after you've made it to the Desktop. By choosing 4 x 1Gb sticks of RAM you will be able to obtain them cheaper and with better latencies than going for 2 x 2Gb kits which are still relatively uncommon.

Cracking spec, Gromit.
    Where has the Q6600 dropped? Edit: Found it

Also looking at other places they talk about the new G0 q6600 stepping and it drawing less power and less heat and a slightly better overclock than the current stepping. Would it be worth waiting for the new stepping? Here and here
    Last edited by Nabobalis; 18-07-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Thread Information