Thread: Please help me choose a sound card

Thanks

Please help me choose a sound card

At the moment I have an Audigy 1 sound card. I have just started online gaming and on the advice of a few people on here bought myself a set of Sennheiser PC166 USB headphones for late night gaming sessions.

The problem is the Sennheisers sound great when connected via the jacks, but are crap when using USB. I know its because of the built in sound card, but It really is a hassle having to keep moving the PC to plug and unplug the jacks when swapping over.

Can someone recommend me a sound card that has A TOSLINK connection and will enable me to connect my front I/O panel on my case so that I can plug my headphones in when I'm not using speakers.

I really would appreciate any advice you give.
    System Specs - OCZ Modstream 520W, P5B Deluxe, 4Gb OCZ 6400, E6600@ 3.6Ghz, Audigy sound card, XFX 8800GTS XXX 640mb graphics card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yan816 View Post
    The problem is the Sennheisers sound great when connected via the jacks, but are crap when using USB. I know its because of the built in sound card, but It really is a hassle having to keep moving the PC to plug and unplug the jacks when swapping over.
    If they sound good over the jacks, but not USB, then the soundcard isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. Unless I'm mistaken USB headphones take away all need for a sound card and essentially create a device themselves.

I could understand it if it was the other way around though.

Thanks
    Sorry, but I don't think I made myself very clear.

I need a replacement sound card that has a TOSLINK connection and has a connection would enable me to use my front I/O panel, so that I dont have to keep messing about at the back of my PC. Thanks.
    System Specs - OCZ Modstream 520W, P5B Deluxe, 4Gb OCZ 6400, E6600@ 3.6Ghz, Audigy sound card, XFX 8800GTS XXX 640mb graphics card.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Auzentech range have what you need...you might be better checking that the pins are the same for your front panel though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    My case is a Silverstone TJ07 and the front panel connectors have Audio AZALIA and Audio AC'97 connectors, if that helps.

Thread Information