Thread: K/B Stops working while playing Halo..?!

Thanks

K/B Stops working while playing Halo..?!

Hi,

I have a rather annoying problem, I have been playing Halo online recently. And when im playing it I suddenly hear these low toned beeps then after a listen realised it was my computer cases built in speaker beeping.
    Straight after the beeps; my keyboard stops working!? Only my mouse works. It also seems to get stuck in the forward button so I am just walking forward and can't do a thing! This has now happened 3 times (twice yesterday and once today.) The only way I have found of fixing is just to reboot and then works fine again.
    I have ran Norton Anti-Virus and confirmed I haven't got a virus, so I don't have a clue what could be the problem so any help would be great.

Thanks

Toma_Hawk

[ iTomaHawk | My Music MySpace ]

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    From what you describe you are constantly moving forward?, you sure the W key just hasn't got stuck down and is just sending so many inputs to the keyboard buffer than nothing else can get through. A useful tip for checking Keyboards power and connectivity to the computer is to turn the CAPS lock and other buttons on and off to ensure they are working.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toma_hawk
    Hi,

I have a rather annoying problem, I have been playing Halo online recently. And when im playing it I suddenly hear these low toned beeps then after a listen realised it was my computer cases built in speaker beeping.
    Straight after the beeps; my keyboard stops working!? Only my mouse works. It also seems to get stuck in the forward button so I am just walking forward and can't do a thing! This has now happened 3 times (twice yesterday and once today.) The only way I have found of fixing is just to reboot and then works fine again.
    I have ran Norton Anti-Virus and confirmed I haven't got a virus, so I don't have a clue what could be the problem so any help would be great.

Thanks

Toma_Hawk
    the pc speaker usually beeps when the keyboard causes a buffer overflow - sometimes happens when you use an older keyboard and press too many buttons simultaneously in games - like left strafe + secondary fire + Push-to-Talk + forward in First-person shooters, for instance.

I'm not sure why it's doing it in Halo, although I have to say Halo is anything but polished code. One thing to test, if you are able, would be to use a USB keyboard instead of a ps2 one (if you are using ps2 atm).

Thanks
    Hi,

Yes I am using a Ps2 keyboard at the min. It isn't very old only couple of weeks but it was very cheap.

Thanks for help

Toma_Hawk

[ iTomaHawk | My Music MySpace ]

Thread Information