Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vCore rating

Thanks

Re: vCore rating

Ok, first off, a big thanks to everyone who has made a contribution thus far. Rather than reply to everyone individually, I shall post an update, as I've been tinkering tonight.

I picked up some Akasa 450 Thermal Paste on the way back from work, and have spent this evening taking my pc apart. I've put the new paste on, and attached the HSF with the mobo out of the case. Initial results were positive, as my BIOS was reporting CPU temp around 5c lower than before.

I'm currently running the E4400 at 3ghz (last night most of my testing was done at 2.66), 1.325v and smartfan disabled. Coretemp 0.95.4 is showing idle temps of around 42c, with TAT around 5c higher. I'm finding it difficult to get accurate temps as they keep going up and down regularly on both programs whether the system is idling or under load. Running a blend test on orthos for 15 minutes, things get interesting. TAT reports full load temp of around 61c max, while Coretemp reached 66c, which to me represents something of an interesting turnaround (i.e TAT shows load increase of around 12-15c while Coretemp shows something like a 24-25c increase!)

I've felt the HSF and it doesn't seem to be all that warm, and placing my hand in front of the rear exhaust, the air is quite cool, I'm certainly not getting a hot stream of air out the back. Whether this is a good sign or not, I don't know..
    Last edited by gt81; 10-09-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks

hey matey, this thread has got me looking into this closer as i too am experiencing abnormally high temps, check this thread out over at XS >> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=158227

its very interesting that the t junction when at 100c reports a 15c increase in temp.

{ Sugo SG-01e }{ E4300 @ 2.8ghz }{ Cellshock 2x1gb pc2 8000 }{ X1950XTX sapphire }{ Gigabyte DS2R }
    { HD501LJ samsung 500gb }{ 250GB seagate barracuda }{ Creative X-fi }{ 500W silverstone PSU }{ Sharkoon air cooling }

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_uk View Post
    hey matey, this thread has got me looking into this closer as i too am experiencing abnormally high temps, check this thread out over at XS >> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=158227

its very interesting that the t junction when at 100c reports a 15c increase in temp.
    Cool, I'll have a look tonight, as I'm about to head out to work.

Something else that might help, I came across this thread last night:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...perature-guide

Very interesting, particularly the comments on coretemp.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Freelance's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P35-DS4rev1
      • CPU:
      • q9400@2,8Ghz 1,25V - on Noctua
      • Memory:
      • Patriot4GbKit800@420Mhz(5-5-5-12@2,1v)
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Seagate Barracuda 320Gb (7200.10 + 7200.11) + 640Gb Samsung F1 + 1Tb Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • POV8600GT(wanted better got it chipper;)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W
      • Case:
      • Antec-P182s
      • Operating System:
      • Internet:
      • 10mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_uk View Post

15C diference is about the SpeedFan, which always shows the temperature 15C lower on both cores (CoreO and Core1) than the other programs (TAT and CoreTemp). The use of both TAT and CoreTemp was already mentioned to be a little "approximative" - software misreading, as it is said. So, expect the difference anyway.
    BTW despite the changes to vCore my CoreTemp always! showed 1,3250, even when I set my vCore to 1,25...
    Anyway, both TAT and CoreTemp on my rig showed close (but as two different soft programs not identical) readings, while SpeedFan showed exactly15C under CoreTemp readings.
    "Never...the...less, always the more" Me

Thread Information