Thread: Suggestions...

Commander Keen
    Thanks

Suggestions...

I ordered an ASUS 9600xt from CPU city. The first one arrived. Worked fine for a few hours of MOHAA, then got all fooked and complained about the fan being the problem. Returned it. Two weeks later got a replacement card.

Everything seems to be fine with the new card. Except at one point It generated a 'blue screen of death' and forced a reboot. Apart from this the card has performed as I would expect. Got all the drivers installed appropriately, having removed everything from my old card.

Abit NF7 mobo. 512 TwinMoss 3200, Athlon 2000xp+, and an ASUS 9600xt as stated, and XP is the OS.

The blue screen message is lost in the sands of time. It was probably a memory dump. But since this has only happened once... Should I just leave it and learn to live with it ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killgORE
    I ordered an ASUS 9600xt from CPU city. The first one arrived. Worked fine for a few hours of MOHAA, then got all fooked and complained about the fan being the problem. Returned it. Two weeks later got a replacement card.

Everything seems to be fine with the new card. Except at one point It generated a 'blue screen of death' and forced a reboot. Apart from this the card has performed as I would expect. Got all the drivers installed appropriately, having removed everything from my old card.

Abit NF7 mobo. 512 TwinMoss 3200, Athlon 2000xp+, and an ASUS 9600xt as stated, and XP is the OS.

The blue screen message is lost in the sands of time. It was probably a memory dump. But since this has only happened once... Should I just leave it and learn to live with it ?

I used to get that sometime when I changed resolutions during games...I believe the newest catalyst fixes the problem.
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ @ 2.4GHz
    Shuttle AN35N Ultra
    1.5GB DDR SD-RAM
    ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
    20GB Seagate Barracuda
    52X CD-ROM

Total SETI@Home CPU time: 856 hr 50 min

Thanks
    Sounds driverish to me - run the latest drivers, though bear in mind that the fix might now have happened yet.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information