Thread: need a bybus - recommed a cheap un!

dgr
    Thanks

need a bybus - recommed a cheap un!

hi

i really really need a baybus to shut my fans up - 3.25 inch aluminum prefered.

only i'm tight (well i'm a student) - needs to have at least 4 * 0-7-12v switchable

any ideas?

dgr
    dothan 745 @ 2.4ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS (2-3-3-6) | dual raptors (raid0) | ATI 9700pro | CM201 | dual lg 1810

Thanks
    wouldnt bother with them tbh. all they do is make cable mess and make cases look bad. i used to have the one at ebuyer which is now only £5, i got mine for £15, before i sold it for £20
    try the 5v mod, 7vmod, and i also posted a method of 9v modding on here you could try. imo its best to always have fans resonably quiet, then to have them adjustable - also the method of reducing voltage for fans (PWM) makes them slightly nioseyer, sorta like mains hum you get from speakers/lights, but much higher freq, as the switching is done about 400hz.

dgr
    Thanks
    hmm, thing is i was going to keep my pc clocked as standard unless i was doing any compiling/gaming/DV.

i recently got a linux box with ONE 40mm fan (21db) and that has started making me HATE the noise my main rig makes.

wish i'd got a laptop.... .

dgr
    dothan 745 @ 2.4ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS (2-3-3-6) | dual raptors (raid0) | ATI 9700pro | CM201 | dual lg 1810

dgr
    Thanks
    oh and stupid question maybe:

my 201 has 4 case fans, and after turning them ALL off, the case is noticably quieter - how useful are they? can i get away with keeping 2 of them off 24/7?

and the antec PSU (430w) is pretty loud - 2 * 80mm fans - and easy ways of silencing that? (short of changing the fans over).

dgr

Banned
    Thanks
    I have the £5 ebuyer one, really does help, and i have a pretty small case so wires are no problem, (run them behind the motherboard?)...

I't really does shut fans up; i have two on it, always set for low, one sucks air in, the other blows air out, i could have three but can't be bothered.

Thanks
    psus can be loud, but maybe its your hdd's? my psu is silent, and my prev psu, while slightly niosy, was nothign compared to my hdds/other fans.
    casefans are not that important - ther ejust there really for keeping the pcu cool. with watercooling my cpu, nb and gfx, i need no casefans atall, apart from the ones cooling my radiator. just look at your cpu temp with them off, so you can decide if you need any of them...
    one thing thats usefull is terminal blocks, so you can easly 5vmod fans, no messing aorund with molex's

dgr
    Thanks
    hdds are ok, they only make a sound when they're turning - most of the problem is when i'm either leaving the system on (lazyness), downloading overnight or listening to music.

dgr

Thanks
    i assume you meant when they seak/read/write - they are ALWAYS turning, while there powered anyway.. most people cant hear the high pitched whine though... (i had a very whiny drive though, so i know what it sounds like..)
    the more noticable read/write hdd noise is not that bad in comparason - i can easly sleep with it. just noticed you have a raptor, 10k rpm, whine ++
    anyway imo a nice amount of fan niose is required to hide the annoying hdd nioses and the niose of my pump, just my opinion though...

dgr
    Thanks
    hmm

hard disc noise i can cope with, its those fans which are doing my head in!

dgr

Batman
    Thanks
    Get yourself a Sunbeam Rheobus there only £12 from ebuyer and have 20W per channel so can cope with any fan or you can have a few fans on each channel. I have one and its excellent.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=44636

dgr
    Thanks
    zaphan@ how visible are the LEDs? i really don't want anything that will light my room up...

btw did it co0me with any adaptors?

iodeally i would be running 2 fans off 1 molex, 1 fan off 3pin, 1 cpu off 3pin and a hdd cooler off 1 molex

would it allow me to do so?
    dgr

Batman
    Thanks
    Well with mine all you do is chop the molex of your fan and bare the wires then you clamp them in the unit at the back at the appropriate channel so yes it wuld let you do that. Although I have seen a few very slightly different versions of the Sunbeam, where some of them have 3pin sockets on the back, I would e-mail ebuyer or ask somebody who has bought one from them recently if they got a 3-pin molex sockets or the clamp mechanism like I have.

The brightness is another story though, the LED's are really bright they can shine on the wall on the opposite side of my room at night which is roughly 6metres away, what I do is put a little tape over the LED so it doesnt shine through as bright, works like a charm.

Thread Information