Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundcard recomendations.

Thanks

Re: Soundcard recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by HSK View Post
    at the moment Jim im using some really old speakers. this 2.1 setup with a sub (platinum sound SWX 1600must of cost 20 quid back then, but it is suprisingly loud. lol.

and the headfone we have are sony MDR-XD200, they are OK, not anything great though.
    Cheers, I was just wondering from what you were upgrading. I think you'll definitely see a great improvement from the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and T7900s, which, as the speakers are free, are an absolute steal for £46 total!

I kinda agree with No. 72 as well, though.

If it were me, I'd use those free T7900 speakers to make the most of the situation, and "settle" for very good sound for £46. The only reason I have the X-Plosion is because I got my SPDIF'd DTS setup for a bargainous price (used them with my nForce2 SoundStorm on my motherboard initially, so no soundcard outlay either) - you're looking at over £150 for an Auzentech X-Plosion and vaguely decent DTS digital speakers without finding a stonking bargain - plus, it'll take you longer while you either choose some speakers, or hold out for a bargain, while that X-Fi card could be with you next week. But you might be the kind of person who doesn't mind spending a few weeks or months doing that. My two cents (yet again ).

Registered+
    Thanks

Going for an extreme gamer in my new machine too

HSK
    Thanks
    • HSK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Pro Socket 1150 DVI HDMI DisplayPort 8-channel Audio ATX Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP Memory CML16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache X 2 + Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Point Of View 8800GTS 512mb PCIE DVI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional AX860 Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum 860W PSU
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Black Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 69cm (27")
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    Cheers, I was just wondering from what you were upgrading. I think you'll definitely see a great improvement from the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and T7900s, which, as the speakers are free, are an absolute steal for £46 total!

I kinda agree with No. 72 as well, though.

If it were me, I'd use those free T7900 speakers to make the most of the situation, and "settle" for very good sound for £46. The only reason I have the X-Plosion is because I got my SPDIF'd DTS setup for a bargainous price (used them with my nForce2 SoundStorm on my motherboard initially, so no soundcard outlay either) - you're looking at over £150 for an Auzentech X-Plosion and vaguely decent DTS digital speakers without finding a stonking bargain - plus, it'll take you longer while you either choose some speakers, or hold out for a bargain, while that X-Fi card could be with you next week. But you might be the kind of person who doesn't mind spending a few weeks or months doing that. My two cents (yet again ).
    well, got the speakers today (thanks to brother), I think the sound card is due tomorrow (x-fi gamer),

the speakers really are great! and i guess for me it's a big step from what i was using.

at the moment i've tried them with my audigy 4 via the 3 to 4 mini jack cables (all speakers didn't work at first had to update to latest drivers), and with the realtek onboard sound via the 4 to 4 mini jack cables they supplied also. looking forward to trying them on the newer card when it arrives.

for now this is cool, but definitely later on (once i leave uni n get some cash) i'll look in to DTS digital and a high spec card, cause i think my ears are missing out!

only thing i need now is cheap speaker stands, as the placement is very temporary at the mo!
    Last edited by HSK; 26-03-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information